High Heels NOT Always Bad For Feet !

Christina2

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
Those of us who have worn high heels daily (or almost daily) need to speak out against the haters. I believe high heels are only bad for your feet if you do not realize how they affect you and take steps to prevent anything bad from happening. I have worn heels since I was a teenager. I am now about 30 something and wear 5" heels daily. I stand at a jewelry counter all day ( the shop does not have chairs) and I hear from the haters about as much as from those who compliment me on my look and style. I can assure you my feet look and feel fine in and out of my heels. I am just careful how I treat them. Nice long soaks in epsom salt water. Soothing massages etc.

I think a lot of us would like to hear from other high heel lovers who feel the same. Do write in and tell us about your positive experiences in high heels ladies. Thank you for listening.

Those of us who have worn high heels daily (or almost daily) need to speak out against the haters. I believe high heels are only bad for your feet if you do not realize how they affect you and take steps to prevent anything bad from happening. I have worn heels since I was a teenager. I am now about 30 something and wear 5" heels daily. I stand at a jewelry counter all day ( the shop does not have chairs) and I hear from the haters about as much as from those who compliment me on my look and style. I can assure you my feet look and feel fine in and out of my heels. I am just careful how I treat them. Nice long soaks in epsom salt water. Soothing massages etc.

I think a lot of us would like to hear from other high heel lovers who feel the same. Do write in and tell us about your positive experiences in high heels ladies. Thank you for listening.
Hi christina as much as I still love high heels after 20 years wearing them for work and socially the affects has paid it's toll on my feet .
When I was young I ignored the ppl who said you will suffer wearing those all the time " car sales and on my feet alot " often pointy toe courts / pumps 5 inch .
Ok now I'm 40 with terrible feet diagnosed from a podiatrist having Bunions , corns , callouse , hammered toes , shortened achillies tendons , list gose on , But I do still wear heels daily but try to give my feet more rest when I can , I will load a pic but rather ashamed in front of strangers about there condition all from a love of high fashion footwear ! .2018-06-03_12-43-03.jpg

Let’s talk when you are 50. You are quite young. I am sure you look fantastic in your heels. They are not, however, good for feet. Sorry OP. I often wear heels for work too but not that high.

Reactions: loves
Like with many other health and medical issues, it's as much about the person as anything else. I knew someone who had to have both feet operated on, toes surgically broken and reset because of wearing heels to the office everyday. Six weeks per foot kept her out of commission for a while.

Hi Cristina2 I totally admired your devotion to wearing nothing but 5 inch high heel, its not easy but yiu habe mastered the skills. Haters can say whatevrr they want, ppl can also say whatever they want about damaging yiur feet in a long run, but its the same as smoking cigarette and abusing acoholic drinks and or eating unhealthy food year after year, right? Afterall, its all about what makes you and your bf happy and what satisfy you, makes you feel confident and you are not doing any harm to others. Keep up the 130mm heel life style, hope I will bump into you one day and compliment you in person.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: albatros
Before I chime in, let me say I Love high heels....have a very nice collection myself...mainly 100mm and a few 120’s....but high heels are in fact bad for your feet....i believe in moderation and practice it....wear 100’s and 120’s often with periods of rest with 85 and 90’s....it does take many years for the damage to become apparent....the human foot was never designed by nature to wear 4and 5 inch stilettos....science( biomechanics) matters and facts matter.....I can’t wait til science and facts matter again...

I was told by a very respected physiotherapist
They should not be worn ALL the time !! you should vary your heel heights . Also flats ( ballet slippers are not good for everyone ) some people need a bit of heel to have a curve in your back
My feet do not feel good at all after wearing ballet flats. I try to avoid.

Reactions: baghagg
They should not be worn ALL the time !! you should vary your heel heights . Also flats ( ballet slippers are not good for everyone ) some people need a bit of heel to have a curve in your back

Exactly. Flats tend to make my back hurt more than heels and nobody can understand that. I do need a bit of high to feel comfortable and vary my heights from flats, to 100 to 115 (120 for small sizes [emoji6]).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My podiatrist also told me that flat shoes and flip flops can be just as bad for your feet as heels. She said that the best heel height for most people is a kitten heel.

I also wore heels from my teen years until my 40s, I'm wearing them less and less now but that's mainly due to a more casual work environment.

Reactions: bobolo
Am I the only one that remembers 'root' shoes where the heel was below the toe? Seemed like you were walking uphill all the time.

I can only find reference to 'Earth Shoes', but I don't remember that name for them.

Screen-shot-2013-03-14-at-6.41.44-PM-e1363300958811.png

The Earth Shoe (also known as the Kalsø Earth Shoe) was an unconventional style of shoe invented in the 1970s by Danish yoga instructor and shoe designer Anna Kalsø.[1] Its unique Negative Heel Technology design featured a sole that was thinner at the heel than at the forefoot, so that when wearing them, one walked heel-downward at -3.7º, as when walking in sand, with various claimed health benefits.

The shoes were introduced in the United States in New York City on April 1, 1970, three weeks before the first Earth Day.

The shoes surged in popularity and were prominently featured on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and in TIME Magazine. When the manufacturer of Kalsø Earth Shoes was unable to keep up with demand, franchise owners pursued litigation against the United States distributor. Retail sales of the brand in the U.S. were discontinued by the late 1970s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_shoe

Reactions: baghagg and mal