High Frequency machine

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I had a facial last night and while I was laying there I heard what sounded like an electricity from a cartoon and it scared the crap out of me. My esthetician laughed and said it sounds scary but does not hurt. Has anyone used a High Frequency machine before? Here is what it is

2. Yes, My aesthetician uses it when she's dealing with a breakout/acne on my face. It does zap, and it feels zappy too. But it works to kill bacteria, I understand.

3. Scared the crap out of me when she was turning it on. Does it work for you? They sell at home versions.

JetSetGo! likes this.
  4. It seemed to work for me...helped some deep zits heal faster. You know it was bad if I was at the aesthetician looking for a remedy. That was just a very occasional thing. I wouldn't buy one for home. I'd be scared I'd electrocute myself or something!

5. The high frequency is a device that is used to to zapp out skin outbreaks and also clear acne. Typically it's argon gas that's going through the electrode that the esthetician rubs over your face. It's a great tool to use on teenagers who have acne, or also adults who have breakouts. It basically clears the bacteria. Depending upon how severe the break out, you may have to get more than one session.

I don't know anything about the at home machines so I can't recommend it or tell you not to get it. But you can't electrocute yourself with them. the current is localized to the area you're using it on. Now, galvanic, you can definitely zap yourself pretty good because the current runs through your body.

Anytime you are using machines on a client, the esthetician should have given you a heads-up what she was using or doing.

6. She did tell me, what it was for, after I cringed at the sound lol.

I bought an at home machine and it's definitely not powerful enough to electrocute yourself (i've used it on high).

This is the one I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H93O97Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7. interesting. I don't know how this will work compared to the professional machine, but it's probably worth a chance.

You do NOT need to use the Argan oil with the machine. You will want to use gauze/cheese cloth squares. You can wrap it around the implement or place the gauze on your face and touch the implement to where the gauze is. The thicker the gauze, the "stronger" the treatment. You can also turn the glass implement on its side and "bounce tap" it against the skin/area affected by the pimple, and that will deliver a more concentrated dose/treatment.

You can do it whenever you feel a breakout about to occur.

8. She didn't use gauze on me, so I haven't used gauze. I use coconut oil and not the oil it came with.

9. U don't have to use gaze, but using gauze makes the treatment more potent.
    You don't need to use any kind if oil whatsoever.

10. I like it! My boyfriend also likes it lol. If he gets a breakout, he always says "babe, you need to electrocute my face".

JetSetGo! likes this.
  11. Hahaha! That's hilarious.

12. Had a facial and micro dermabrassion done last night. I feel asleep during the 60min session, but woke up as soon as I heard the high frequency machine lol

She also used ice globes on my face which I loved!!

JetSetGo! likes this.