Hiding the presale Guccis for the "best customers"...please help!

Yes they all say "we don't know but we can guess maybe which ones might go". The first girl I encountered was SUPER SNOBBY. She kept on rolling her eyes and telling me "I'm going to get into SO MUCH TROUBLE for doing this". Then it got busy and a much nicer MUCH NICER SA helped me and she showed me most of the things. But it was all on the "DL".
I was like - Just show me the stuff WTF!
SO secretive...they made it seem like they had the HOly Grail....fine...save the stuff for the best customers - BUT if I come in , eager, and I know what's going on...dont play dumb. If you're in the know..you're in the know...I asked and I "kind of" received.

That first sales rep was so mean to me!

UGHHHHH!! i hate bad customer service. i get livid right on the spot lol.

Oh my goodness...everything's starting to make sense now. I went to Gucci on Sat (which I had to call twice to find out exactly when the pre-sale was starting) and the an SA from the men's department said that they didn't have the sale wallets in stock and won't be in until Thursday or Friday. But when I went in today, a really nice SA showed me which ones were on sale (which he took from the back room...and I ended up buying 2 wallets from him)...which means the 1st guy lied to me.

And in the women's department, I saw purses on sale today that wasn't on sale on Saturday. It makes me wonder what other purses are hidden and not put on the shelves that are currently on sale. When I went on Saturday, I was about to say that this sale's not that great this year since I didn't see many things on sale. At least I found a continental wallet in the brown trim on sale!!

Wow! I had no idea that they actually hide items for loyal customers. I understand the need to set aside things for someone who is VIP and willing to buy but it makes no sense to lie to new/potential customers who are equally excited about buying something. How strange...

well ok i kind of hate this topic because i feel so differently than some of you and i dont want to be hated for my opinions!! but seriously guys, some of these people have shopped with their SA's for years and buy things not only when they are on sale but off sale as well!! They aren't one time hitters they are people that go in AT LEAST once every other week or a month! It took me a lonnngggg time to build up a relationship with my SA and the manager but it is well worth it!! AND why do they keep things hidden for their coustomers????

BECAUSE...they KNOW their coustmers and they KNOW their taste so they stow away these purses for their best coustomers (because they only have certain number of styles per bag)... this is all done to please thier coustomers because if they please them with the sale they will come back and buy when things are NOT on sale!!!

THESE MEN AND WOMEN WORK ON COMMISSION!!!! THey are doing what they can to PROTECT their income!! I know some of you are going to come back and be like .... but but but i was willing to spend TODAY!! but ask yourself...were you willing to spend tommrow? and the day after and the day after? fromt he same SA? Like i honestly would not buy anything from any other store...i would browse but id call my SA back and place an order with her because she is mine!

Think of it like an investment that matures over time! ok i doubt any of this made sense but i hope it did! and some of u realize why they do that now!!!

----

OF COURSE no one deserves being treated BADLY to...but sometimes as humans we can be over sensative about things :smile:

LIGHTEN UP...you all have BEAUTIFUL bags and now go out there and FLAUNT THEM! ;)

I would be so pissed at being treated like this at the store...and they would definetely hear about it. Does anyone have a cool SA that they deal with at the NYC 5th ave store? I've generally bought my gucci stuff at saks and would like to have another connection.

well ok i kind of hate this topic because i feel so differently than some of you and i dont want to be hated for my opinions!! but...

Agreed, but I think the complaints are not about the SA's loyalty - - - we all value our SAs, that's why we recommend building relationships with them - - - The main complaint is that customers are blantantly being lied to. We understand preferential treatment, so the SA's should keep it real with us! Do play dumb or hide random bags that are not being held for loyal customers. Customer service should be given to EVERY person that walks into that door whether they buy 30 pieces of luggage or just there to price an item. You are right, I may be sensitive about this issue but that is only because I think commission should be earned (especially when I am spending hundreds of $s on one piece).

* That is just my opinion & I hope you do not take it as a direct :boxing: to your comment or you personally.

dont wory im not uptight haha im glad we all have different opinions because how boring would this forum be if we ALL thought the same!!!!! :smile:

and btw, as i said i agree NO ONE should be treated badly and that includes lying too! the SA's should have simply said that the presale is reserved for current clients...i think that would have eliminiated many problems!!! :smile: (AND of course hard feelings...but of course if u nagged them enough they would let u see the presale as it was discovered!) :smile:

HAPPY SHOPPING :smile:

Agreed, but I think the complaints are not about the SA's loyalty - - - we all value our SAs, that's why we recommend building relationships with them - - - The main complaint is that customers are blantantly being lied to. We understand preferential treatment, so the SA's should keep it real with us! Do play dumb or hide random bags that are not being held for loyal customers. Customer service should be given to EVERY person that walks into that door whether they buy 30 pieces of luggage or just there to price an item. You are right, I may be sensitive about this issue but that is only because I think commission should be earned (especially when I am spending hundreds of $s on one piece).

* That is just my opinion & I hope you do not take it as a direct :boxing: to your comment or you personally.

i have bad experience with the gucci staff...its like from asia to europe...the SAs are just plain rude, either lying, not willing to serve or have their attitude real real snob

well ok i kind of hate this topic because i feel so differently than some of you and i dont want to be hated for my opinions!! but seriously guys, some of these people have shopped with their SA's for years and buy things not only when they are on sale but off sale as well!! They aren't one time hitters they are people that go in AT LEAST once every other week or a month! It took me a lonnngggg time to build up a relationship with my SA and the manager but it is well worth it!! AND why do they keep things hidden for their coustomers????

BECAUSE...they KNOW their coustmers and they KNOW their taste so they stow away these purses for their best coustomers (because they only have certain number of styles per bag)... this is all done to please thier coustomers because if they please them with the sale they will come back and buy when things are NOT on sale!!!

THESE MEN AND WOMEN WORK ON COMMISSION!!!! THey are doing what they can to PROTECT their income!! I know some of you are going to come back and be like .... but but but i was willing to spend TODAY!! but ask yourself...were you willing to spend tommrow? and the day after and the day after? fromt he same SA? Like i honestly would not buy anything from any other store...i would browse but id call my SA back and place an order with her because she is mine!

Think of it like an investment that matures over time! ok i doubt any of this made sense but i hope it did! and some of u realize why they do that now!!!

----

OF COURSE no one deserves being treated BADLY to...but sometimes as humans we can be over sensative about things :smile:

LIGHTEN UP...you all have BEAUTIFUL bags and now go out there and FLAUNT THEM! ;)

I think you're the one who needs to lighten up (stated that you "hate" the topic, its not that serious).

Think about it...if these people go in there every other week, as you say....then why are they tripping over a 40% discount, when they can afford it full price? It doesnt make sense. :shrugs:

ok no need to be rude, just stating my opinion andddddddddd i was sayin that people go in there because they enjoy it! and you dont have to drop cash every single time you go into a store, you can go to visit ur SA, browse or just visit ur bag that ur saving up for!

I dont drop TONS of cash but even if i did, i would appreciate a discount!!! Im not flithy rich but hopefully one day i will be (if not why the heck am i goting through sooo much school hahahaha) BUT even then i will still look for discounts!! EVERYONE no matter how rich or poor they are LOVES discounts and just because i can afford a bag doesnt mean i will pay for it!!

wow...sorry if it came off rude, i by no means want to sound rude...but thats just my opinion!! u have urs and i have mine --> :smile:

(i feel like we should start singing coumbiya my love, combiyaaaa haha)

ok no need to be rude, just stating my opinion andddddddddd i was sayin that people go in there because they enjoy it! and you dont have to drop cash every single time you go into a store, you can go to visit ur SA, browse or just visit ur bag that ur saving up for!

I dont drop TONS of cash but even if i did, i would appreciate a discount!!! Im not flithy rich but hopefully one day i will be (if not why the heck am i goting through sooo much school hahahaha) BUT even then i will still look for discounts!! EVERYONE no matter how rich or poor they are LOVES discounts and just because i can afford a bag doesnt mean i will pay for it!!

wow...sorry if it came off rude, i by no means want to sound rude...but thats just my opinion!! u have urs and i have mine --> :smile:

I think Kimbaya would do you some good..... :tup:

I second that! Everyone loves a bargain, it's ok to splurge sometimes, but I will feel even better if I get a bag AND a wallet at sales. Besides, I can show off in front of my husband that I get a bargain!

Happy shopping everyone!