Hibiscus, keep or not?

dharma

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Hi everyone! I finally made the leap and bought the box bag I've been lusting for! I'm second guessing the Hibiscus though....I'm usually a neutral gal and although hot pink is one of my favorite colors, I've never worn a bag this bright. I had an orange Kelly once and sold it because of the bright color. I think hibiscus is not as loud though. I'm considering exchanging for the Almond color. Has anyone seen the almond? Any thoughts? I'd appreciate your input.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 22
Milisande, That color is gorgeous too! I think that's powder or Beige, not sure. The almond is the greenish color for Spring. I haven't seen it in pictures yet except for the grainy group shot that circulating on this forum from the showroom. I'm wondering if it's the same pretty mint green that is called "almond" for the luggage.

Well, I love it...but it has to be something that you love.

Thanks, golden's mom...there's no question, I adore it! I think I am second guessing myself because it has taken me so long to take the plunge on this bag in general and a few colors that I would have also loved are no longer available. I don't want to own more than one. My bag wardrobe is definitely rounded out in the neutrals so I decided to go with a fun color for this bag. Now that I have it, I'm seeking my "safety zone" and thinking I should get something a little more sedate.

I swear it's like having two personalities, one says "Wear it, it's fab!!" and the other says "get something with more longevity, silly woman!":lol:

Hi everyone! I finally made the leap and bought the box bag I've been lusting for! I'm second guessing the Hibiscus though....I'm usually a neutral gal and although hot pink is one of my favorite colors, I've never worn a bag this bright. I had an orange Kelly once and sold it because of the bright color. I think hibiscus is not as loud though. I'm considering exchanging for the Almond color. Has anyone seen the almond? Any thoughts? I'd appreciate your input.

Beautiful color imo..but it is important that you like the color :smile:

It's 100% Celine color, it's as timeless as camel or black.
BUT if you even ask this question, maybe it's better to consider the neutral shades.
One thing though, box bag in this color makes you look younger, if it doesn't sound silly to you. If you're under 30, you couldn't care less, but over 40, every detail counts. And Celine box is a bag that you want to wear for years to come.

Thank you, you are all so encouraging! ( or should I say enabling?):smile:

It's 100% Celine color, it's as timeless as camel or black.
BUT if you even ask this question, maybe it's better to consider the neutral shades.
One thing though, box bag in this color makes you look younger, if it doesn't sound silly to you. If you're under 30, you couldn't care less, but over 40, every detail counts. And Celine box is a bag that you want to wear for years to come.

Leya, it doesn't sound silly, it has actually crossed my mind......are you saying it makes you look younger in a good way? I am in my 40's and I want color, but I want sophisticated color, kwim? I think it's a gorgeous shade, but I don't want a Barbie pink bag or to look like I'm trying too hard to look younger. If this bag was less expensive I wouldn't even be questioning this, I would enjoy it and not worry about its staying power in my life. But it is expensive and I want to wear it for years to come.

Ok I now think that I'm crossing over into major obsession about this. Kill me now:lol: I should just make this a reveal thread and call it a day.