Hi, Rolex aftermarket bezels and dials - opinions?

zannabuck

O.G.
Apr 20, 2010
Hi, just wondering what your opinions are on Rolex aftermarket dials please? I have the option to buy a classic stainless steel Datejust 36mm (my perfect size as I am so tall) with a lilac/grey MOP dial and diamond markers, bezel and lugs. I love it but am worried it may look a bit too much and be difficult to re-sell should I ever need to sell.

I love the Rolex factory bezels but to be honest price is totally out of my range so my question to you all is would you invest the funds in an aftermarket watch or go for something simple and classic that has been untouched and is factory Rolex? Curious to know your opinions. I am hesitant to proceed. Here is the watch in question.....thanks! Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 13.27.27.png

Hi, just wondering what your opinions are on Rolex aftermarket dials please? I have the option to buy a classic stainless steel Datejust 36mm (my perfect size as I am so tall) with a lilac/grey MOP dial and diamond markers, bezel and lugs. I love it but am worried it may look a bit too much and be difficult to re-sell should I ever need to sell.

I love the Rolex factory bezels but to be honest price is totally out of my range so my question to you all is would you invest the funds in an aftermarket watch or go for something simple and classic that has been untouched and is factory Rolex? Curious to know your opinions. I am hesitant to proceed. Here is the watch in question.....thanks! View attachment 3589975
Beautiful watch. . . From my understanding the majority of Rolex buyers do not want the after market additions. If you choose to buy this piece make sure the price is right.

Reactions: thewildraven
Beautiful watch. . . From my understanding the majority of Rolex buyers do not want the after market additions. If you choose to buy this piece make sure the price is right.
Thank you! To buy the equivalent from Rolex is around $18000 and I can buy this for $4000 so it's a great price. No box or papers though. Thank you for your advice :smile:

Thank you for your advice. The equivalent factory is $18,000 and I can buy this for $4,000. No box or papers though. Do you think it's an OK price please? Thanks!
I would say with no box or papers definitely not at that price if you want to sell it on at a later date.
You have no way of knowing what else has been added to it or taken away, who has done the servicing and how much of the original Rolex workings remain. Think unless you are an expert it may be best to walk on by on this one.... but this are just my thoughts

Might be worth posting on here http://www.rolexforums.com/

Reactions: AntiqueShopper