Hi, long time no see, how are you all? I have a PayPal issue, it is strange.

JustAgUrL

O.G.
Oct 11, 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
Do any of you have a phone number for PayPal, to get a REAL human being?

This is as quoted by my close friend:

Basically I sold an old development machine on eBay; the buyer paid, the money was in my PayPal account & on hold for 21 days by eBay (all normal). I shipped the package, the hold was lifted, I transferred the funds to my bank account. That’s when things got weird. I normally transfer about $500-750 every few months out of there, so they flagged it. I answered all the security questions, and then started a new transfer. Now it’s completely disappeared, it was never refunded, my bank has no idea where it is.

It’s not back in my account, I can’t get anyone on the phone, and customer service has no idea what they’re doing. I spoke to a friend of mine at eBay & they said this is the strangest things they’ve ever heard of.

Can any of you help direct me, as to how to help my friend?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
Staying quarantined, healthy, masked and safe! I admit to venturing out to combat boredom and insanity but I play it safe.

You?

Welcome back!

onlyk

Feb 25, 2015
Garden City
Do any of you have a phone number for PayPal, to get a REAL human being?

This is as quoted by my close friend:

Basically I sold an old development machine on eBay; the buyer paid, the money was in my PayPal account & on hold for 21 days by eBay (all normal). I shipped the package, the hold was lifted, I transferred the funds to my bank account. That’s when things got weird. I normally transfer about $500-750 every few months out of there, so they flagged it. I answered all the security questions, and then started a new transfer. Now it’s completely disappeared, it was never refunded, my bank has no idea where it is.

It’s not back in my account, I can’t get anyone on the phone, and customer service has no idea what they’re doing. I spoke to a friend of mine at eBay & they said this is the strangest things they’ve ever heard of.

Can any of you help direct me, as to how to help my friend?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers.
Better make sure you didn't get hacked, one time I almost got hacked, stopped at the last second. From what you described as if you transfered money to a third party which you thought was your bank? Could you double check on that and where which site had asked you for all these security questions?

Hopefully it was just a glitch on Paypal and you will get your money back.