Hi ladies! What do you think...

Mia Bella

O.G.
Mar 27, 2008
About this bib necklace? I don't know what to think about it. I mean, I like it...I'm just not a big accessorizer so I'm unsure of it's practicality. I'd like to be able to wear it with outfits like a boyfriend tee, a blazer and skinnies or with a dress.

attachment.php
attachment.php

More views here: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...55&LSlinkid=15&LSoid=215011&LSsid=J84DHJLQkR4

I bought it to add some edge to more dainty outfits, especially with these maxi dresses that I also bought...

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
IMG_8107.jpg

Are these OK together? What could I wear my necklace with? Should I tighten it and make it closer to my neck or should it hang lower? Please share any and all ideas! TIA :flowers:

Attachments

• bymln2002012345_p1_v1_m56577569832004660_347x683.jpg
    bymln2002012345_p1_v1_m56577569832004660_347x683.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 478
  • bymln2002012345_p4_v1_m56577569832004664_347x683.jpg
    bymln2002012345_p4_v1_m56577569832004664_347x683.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 472
personally I'm not a fan of the necklace with the dresses (but that might just be me), but it would be great with scoop-neck tees.

long-sleeved black scoop-neck or v-neck tee with dark blue skinny jeans and black riding boots maybe?

or with a black skirt, black tights, jewel-tone top ? something like this Anthropologie outfit (the model has on a thick black necklace that probably lays similarly)

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro...uct=true&isBigImage=&templateType=subCategory

just wondering, how heavy is that necklace? does it hurt your neck at all?

personally I'm not a fan of the necklace with the dresses (but that might just be me), but it would be great with scoop-neck tees.

long-sleeved black scoop-neck or v-neck tee with dark blue skinny jeans and black riding boots maybe?

or with a black skirt, black tights, jewel-tone top ? something like this Anthropologie outfit (the model has on a thick black necklace that probably lays similarly)

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro...uct=true&isBigImage=&templateType=subCategory

just wondering, how heavy is that necklace? does it hurt your neck at all?

Hi coffeebeene, thanks for your input and for the link! I like the look of the necklace better when it's resting over the fabric of a top instead of resting in the neckline. The necklace is pretty heavy....I think that's why I'm so :thinking: over it.

love the necklace! great buy! just not loving it with the dress, I feel like the dress is too casual for the necklace.

Thanks! I was worried about the necklace being too dressy too. :yes: I definitely want something more casual then. Maybe something not so darn heavy and shiny.

I'm sending it back! I hate having to put extra thought into a piece..I like to effortlessly throw something on and be done. Thanks again for the input ladies. Shortest "Opinion Thread" ever, huh? :nuts:

I actually liked that necklace with the first dress - the second would look better with a cuff or bracelet rather than a necklace. I also think it would have looked great with the outfits you thought of. Too late now obviously, but I like your taste!

i love the idea of a statement/bib necklace but maybe something not as heavy/rocker-ish as those big chains? i feel like colored or jet stones (a la boho chic), or maybe a lot of smaller, more delicate chains wrapped together would be more versatile - you could dress it up or down, whereas this necklace seems super casual to me.

I like bib necklaces, but lighter ones that are made of beads and stones. I have a chain bib necklace and didn't wear it much for two reasons: first, it made me look a little more hardcore than I was, and second it was LOUD and clanked all the time!