HH shop visit?

jandelvis

Apr 2, 2007
I'm headed to NYC this weekend to run the NYC half marathon and was thinking of dropping by the Nolita shop.

Has anyone verified lately if they have any actual inventory? ;) no plans to purchase but want to leer at olive leather and biblios and the Allen bag.

in any case, if I do make it, I'll send you all a full report!

yay for you!!! congrats on the 1/2 - can't wait to hear your race story... have you run a 1/2 before or the NY 1/2 before?

i have no idea about the stores in stock... i will be asking the same thing come June - as I am getting ready to book our NY trip in June - and cannot wait to visit both stores... lol

Jan, are you only in town on sunday? I might be stopping by one of the stores on saturday and was wondering the same thing--what are they selling?! :smile:

Hope your race goes well!!

yay for you!!! congrats on the 1/2 - can't wait to hear your race story... have you run a 1/2 before or the NY 1/2 before?

i have no idea about the stores in stock... i will be asking the same thing come June - as I am getting ready to book our NY trip in June - and cannot wait to visit both stores... lol

hi pg! it's my first official half - on my way to trying to run my first marathon at Boston in April!

unfortunately i've been riddled with injuries through my training, the last one on my left knee 12 days ago and my PT can't figure out what the heck is wrong, so it's still touch and go as to whether i'm going to be able to finish the nyc 1/2 or attempt to start boston... one option is waiting until next year - my charity sponsor will let me roll over my fundraising money to try again next year when i'm healthier but i'm so close that it's hard to let go. been a really rocky road so far - love the running, really hate the injuries!

jan.... congrats on your upcoming race in NYC!! As for the knee, a problem which has plagued me for most of my life and I've been running the last 18 months, I would see what you can do. Have you used KT Tape or a brace? Can you slow down your pace enough to ease the pain??

How cool that you have the chance to run Boston!!! I'm so envious! I was looking up BQ times the other day. It may be doable once I move into the 40 year old age bracket, but I really think it's a huge pipedream.

Back on topic.... I say pop in the store if you're close!

I'll be near the Nolita store tomorrow (Friday) and will check and report back. Though I think Gingey already investigated, at least by phone, and was told there were no Blblios in-store.

I, too, want to get a look at that olive Biblio. I'm not feeling it for spring -- it screams fall to me -- but I might change my mind when/if I ever get a chance to see it. And I'm not inclined to preorder anything, no matter how badly I might want it.

P.S. The weather here is beyond beautiful right now. It's supposed to be out of this world on Saturday, getting cooler. cloudier Sunday. That's better for running, of course, but you should get down here on Saturday just to enjoy our taste of early spring.

P.P.S. Good luck on your half, Jan!

hi pg! it's my first official half - on my way to trying to run my first marathon at Boston in April!

unfortunately i've been riddled with injuries through my training, the last one on my left knee 12 days ago and my PT can't figure out what the heck is wrong, so it's still touch and go as to whether i'm going to be able to finish the nyc 1/2 or attempt to start boston... one option is waiting until next year - my charity sponsor will let me roll over my fundraising money to try again next year when i'm healthier but i'm so close that it's hard to let go. been a really rocky road so far - love the running, really hate the injuries!

wow, Boston.. I'm with Jen, that is huge and i am completely envious.. Congrats!!

That is great your able to roll over the monies if necessary.. i completely hear you on the injuries.. its horrible.. what's up w/ the knee if you don't mind me asking? i am heading back to PT next week... knee issues and i havent even been running... go figure...

pg - my PT ruled out the IT band and any ligament and tendon problems, may be a tibia misalignment issue... not having a real sense of what it is really stinks. she told me to go out and try NYC but i haven't been able to do more than 11 miles in a while - it's the magical point that my knee explodes (literally leg buckles... scary :tdown:).

nomore- thanks for being my scout!

pae and the other NYC hotties - i can't wait to drop down in your city! :heart::love:

pg - my PT ruled out the IT band and any ligament and tendon problems, may be a tibia misalignment issue... not having a real sense of what it is really stinks. she told me to go out and try NYC but i haven't been able to do more than 11 miles in a while - it's the magical point that my knee explodes (literally leg buckles... scary :tdown:).

nomore- thanks for being my scout!

pae and the other NYC hotties - i can't wait to drop down in your city! :heart::love:

I forgot youre my neighbor here in ma - running boston ROCKS! I hope it works out. My oldest was born 19 years ago on marathon day ( it was april 15, tax day, patriots day, and boston marathon day...)

Anyway- I am blown away at how you ladies run...I ran a 5K once with my husband once bc we got two growlers of beer as it was a race for charity sponsored by a local brewery. But, other than that, 5K is the max I do on a "pleasure" run...and I'm no where near there now :sad:

I am hoping for another wacky HH sale and I'm going to take my daughter in on the train!!

Sorry for the delay -- I got stuck in the middle of a drawn-out catastrophe at work. I can see TPF from my computer there, but I'm locked out of posting.

Anyway, on to the Noltia scouting report.

No Biblios. (Karen, the very sweet woman working there Friday afternoon, said they expect to stock them in April, but it sounded just a bit like wishful thinking.)

Full-size Trophies in all colors, Trophy Satchels in Black Shine and just one in Yam Shine.

Havanas in all colors, including Olive and Taupe, and well as Lorcas in all colors (they seem to be including tassels as standard equipment on these).

Cuffs -- a few Ramones. Celinas in many new colors, including Olive, Grape Shine and Lilac (Iris?) shines.

No spring HH clothing. Some dresses by another designer whose name I unfortunately do not remember. A few odds and ends from the Fall line.

Some samples I remember seeing from the Kapow sales that I'm surprised are still around. Plum Havana, Plum Lorca, small Welles Hobototes in red, brown and Butter ... a few other things. I guess the prices on these just aren't that enticing.

Some things from the Fall line -- Franklins in all colors, an Aubergine Tobias (very tempting) Yves, Newman and Lilly bags, a Grape/Black Talullah ... not a complete list.

There is definitely a lot to look at, especially when you add up all the small items and candles and jewelry, etc. Certainly not everything you'd hope to see but the store isn't even close to looking cleaned out. The window display alone might be worth a trip. It's really sweet.

My thoughts on a couple of things:

There were two different Olives. A carryall was lighter, more yellow, while the other pieces (Havana, Lorca, clutch wallet) were deeper, more green. I much preferred the greener shade. When I asked about it, Karen said she was just told that different hides take the dye differently. So it's a little uncertain which Olive you'll get. Since the majority of the larger bags were the darker color, I'd be willing to gamble that the Biblios will come in that color as well, especially if it's being made in the same leather as the Havana and Lorca. Fingers crossed.

The Grape shine is very dark. Indoors it looks almost black, but taken out into the sunlight, the color pops. I actually prefer the Trophy Satchel in Grape, the full-size Trophy in Yam. The Gray Shine, which I only saw in the full-size Trophy, looks very much like Gray Zeus to me. It's really nice. I found the strap on the TS to be surprisingly comfortable.

The little Milo bag is a real cutie! I didn't buy anything (I'm holding out for an Olive Biblio) but if I did, it would be a Milo.

I hope that was at least a bit helpful. If there is anything in particular you hotties are wondering about, please ask!

Mini Welles! I would so love one of these since it doesn't seem like they are going to get made.
Lilac Celina! That would be a beautiful pop of color for spring.
Thanks for the report. Very interesting and wonderful descriptions.