HH Sample Sale - online and in store - 12/4-12/6

Dovey

Oct 5, 2007
I almost bought an Ana bag at the end-of-summer sale but was worried because it looked so huge. (I don't like carrying a huuuuuge bag.) It seemed too big for such a structured bag. But I feel like maybe the one model they were showing with it was so tiny that it looked bigger than it is. So for those of you who have it: how is it for actually carrying around?

mlinky

O.G.
Jul 18, 2006
Dovey, I think HH has the world's tiniest models. I would actually call the Ana a medium bag. I am 5' or 5"-1" and it is not at all huge on me. In fact, I think it may look small on a tall person.

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
SF Bay Area, CA
I almost bought an Ana bag at the end-of-summer sale but was worried because it looked so huge. (I don't like carrying a huuuuuge bag.) It seemed too big for such a structured bag. But I feel like maybe the one model they were showing with it was so tiny that it looked bigger than it is. So for those of you who have it: how is it for actually carrying around?
Hi, its not big at all. Its a medium sized bag that can hold a lot, despite its narrow opening. The cool thing is that you can adjust the straps on the bottom to expand and accommodate more stuff. It wears easily over the shoulder and definitely does not looks as large as it appears on the HH website!

dcblam

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
It's so much smaller than you think.....I'm 4'11" and the proportions are just super for me. The leather (I have chocolate) is all so soft.

The bag is not very deep, so the bag is not bulky when worn. It's comfortable, both shoulder straps stay on for me, the opening is a little small because of the shape, but IMO - worth it and you get used to it. GREAT organization with the front flap pocket and the back slide pocket that you can barely detect. I don't think I can wear it with my very bulky winter coat, but can with a less bulky coat. It's a great bag!

Have U done a search for modeling pics? I too was intimidated by the size as shown on-line, but it's really deceiving.

Good luck!

PS - have you checked out Bluefly....they have several Ana's listed at $195.00....keep this in mind cuz we have no idea what HH pricing will be OR if they will offer the Ana! Also, the Ana will be returnable at Bluefly - this will not be the case w/the HH sale this weekend

dcblam

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
Dovey, I think HH has the world's tiniest models. I would actually call the Ana a medium bag. I am 5' or 5"-1" and it is not at all huge on me. In fact, I think it may look small on a tall person.

mlinky -
"bag twin"......hey there! So, you have the Ana too????
I'm so excited about your Thickskin.....make sure to post pics when you get the Lava, okay????
see ya:P:yahoo:

PS - and fess up...is it 5' or 5'1? I've yet to claim 5' and at 47 think my growing years are OVER! Can anyone say osteoperosis (sp)??? AHHAHAHHHAHAHAH

mlinky

O.G.
Jul 18, 2006
LOL, well I used to say 5' and 1/2" but, at the age of 52, I've gotten taller. I can now claim 5'-1". My doctor freaked. I actually haven't grown, but I began pilates 3 years ago and my back is now straight.

Oh my yes, bag twin, I love my Ana(s) (I have chocolate, black and saddle) but I really wanted a blue bag, and the HH cobalt is a little too bright for me. So I am very excited about my impending lava bucket delivery, and thank you again for enabling me!

sara999

RIP Daddy...
O.G.
Nov 28, 2007
london
dailypolish.com
wow i'd love it if the triple strap was $90, that's a steal! will definitely keep my eyes peeled for a bargain but i don't want to be swayed into spending my meager savings on something i don't love love love

citychris

O.G.
Aug 5, 2006
I definitely will be checking this out but am a little concerned about the no return policy. I have no problem with it for extreme discounts (e.g. 75-80%) because for such low prices I'm willing to accept minor imperfections but would be unhappy being stuck with something I wasn't happy with for only 30% off.

I think there are a number of us who are fans of both Belen Echandia and HH. I'm looking foward to both sample sales but really need to remind myself to stay focussed and not jump at something just because the price is low. What's the chance we can make it through both sales without buying anything?

fashion1sta

Nov 28, 2007
CA
Did anyone have any bad experiences with HH sample sales? If you did, i would really appreciate it if you could share your stories .... i'm still contemplating on whether or not i want to participate :sweatdrop:

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
I love HH bags.
I hope they put the Tharpe on sale .. love it in red.. oh and the Lorca in eggplant, cobalt, or ruby!

Mar 17, 2007
I want my first hayden harnett to be either eggplant/amethyst or black! Those are the only colors I'll be looking for since I already have so many bags in other colors. Otherwise, I'll consider myself to have saved money from that sale :lol: Can't wait for the belen enchandia sale either! I'd love either a purple or black bag for my next bag! Surprisingly, I only have one black bag which is a gryson! But am looking for a more everyday slouchy black bag or a popping purple.

mockinglee

Piemaker
O.G.
May 17, 2007
The Pie Hole
I know this is total blasphemy here, but I'm actually more excited to see what clothes and accessories they'll have on sale instead of purses. I'll take that as a sign that I might actually be satisfied with my purse collection, at last.

asark

"I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list."
O.G.
May 23, 2007
Canada
I know this is total blasphemy here, but I'm actually more excited to see what clothes and accessories they'll have on sale instead of purses. I'll take that as a sign that I might actually be satisfied with my purse collection, at last.
You're scaring me Mokinglee!!! I'm on a SOFA KING ban (dh says it needs to last a year... minimum, lol). He's threatening to go all Net Nanny on me and block tPF!!! LOL! Now HH does this??? Oh how apprehensive I am...

I've had nothing but wonderful CS from HH. I have heard some horror-ish stories, but ever since the HH issues thread I think the CS has greatly improved, and I love it. I do feel like I'm playing a non-lethal (*phewf*) version of Russian Roulette purchasing from a sample sale... from what I recall of the last in store one items were mostly stained/damaged. Now with the restrictive return policy... did I mention my huge amount of apprehension??!!! :sweatdrop: