HH NOOb Question about pre-orders & the Disney collection!

eliza

O.G.
Dec 2, 2006
I'm an HH noob, what really caught my eye was the Disney Fantasia collection! The embossed leather is a pattern i've never seen anything like, really unique and so beautiful. Fantasia was my favourite movie as a kid, so that makes it even better - mind you if the collection had been fug, it wouldn't have mattered that I loved the movie, lol...

So I pre-ordered the Apprentice Indexer Wallet. I have read a number of threads about pre-orders and how they can be a bit hit or miss with HH being a smaller independent company. The expected shipping date is Dec 15th, so I pre-auth my cc for the purchase on their website, not expecting them to charge it until it shipped or was ready to ship. The website still says the same expected shipping date, but my cc was charged yesterday. Is this unusual? SHould I be worried or is this a good sign? I guess I question it since people seemed to have had some troubles in the past.

One more question for those of you who are more familiar with the brand... the Fantasia collection is supposedly made in limited #s - only 100 of the Indexer wallet I ordered. Is this accurate? I'm just surprised that everything isn't sold out or near sold out, since it's such an amazing collection!

I'll post pics if/when it arrives ;)

Hey eliza - the charging of your card is not uncommon with HH orders. It appears that people are having better customer service experiences with them lately so you could email them to check and see if they're still on track for the 15th. They did have them at the Tron pop up store so I'd hope that they'll have them to ship from their website sales.

^ that's good news! I just didn't want to have paid for something I wouldn't receive until March, lol. It would be nice to have it in time for Xmas.

Eliza, welcome to the HH nuthouse and congrats on your purchase. I notice that you are from Canada. HH international shipments have taken a little bit longer in the past, due to the extra paperwork involved and heresay that they only mail out international orders once a week. I hope you receive your wallet before Xmas, but I'm just giving you a heads-up on a possible delay. :smile:

Hey Eliza! I really dont believe anything from HH anymore. I waited on things that were supposed to ship for about a year. The date kept getting switched further and further away. Also, I had a couple times when they did not even produce what I had ordered and I had to call them about it when it was no longer on the site. Then it takes a month to get your money back and that is with a few phone calls to them. I should not have to wait that long if they made a mistake. Their customer service at one point was the worst I have ever had. I LOVE their product, so I just dealt with the BS. It seems they have made a turn around, so I am hopeful. The Fantasia stuff is an art. In my case once the product came, it was always worth the aggravation, or I wouldn't still be around. No one makes bags like them. Good luck and keep us informed!

I just ordered something from the Fantasia collection as well. I figured in the worst case, I can do a charge back with my credit card company if I don't receive it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though since this will be my first ever pre-order and first HH bag. :smile:

^ i was totally taken by the Fantasia collection, which with the theme had the potential to be so cheesy. It's amazing though! Since actual pieces have been seen in person, I'm hopeful there will be no problems. Charge back in the worst case!

Very excited to see my first HH in person.

I first saw it on the Aster Alice site and didn't even know it was based on Fantasia since they had virtually no description of it. I could have got a bigger discount ordering from them, but with the limited quantities, I figured I'd spend the extra $ and give myself the best chance of actually getting one. I ended up ordering the clutch.

They apparently didn't produce the Cathedral Clutch which was the one I fell in love in love with. They whole line is amazing and creative, though I don't think I'll go for a cuff since they look like they could be a bit hot here in Florida.

I loved the embossing on the Veneficus Libri Chain Bag, so that's what I ordered. I guess they don't call it a clutch, but since it's smaller than the RM MAC, I consider it a clutch. :biggrin:

That cathedral cuff is amazing, but my wrists are so tiny I have an awful time finding bracelets that fit correctly on me. :sad: (Don't ask me why I have tiny wrists since the rest of me certainly isn't. :P )