HH Must Haves???

EEEK! Ok, I think I'm going to have to wait a bit. I am trying to have *some* restraint! It seems like there are quite a few Lorcas for decent prices out there! Thank you though, Minnifer!

EEEK! Ok, I think I'm going to have to wait a bit. I am trying to have *some* restraint! It seems like there are quite a few Lorcas for decent prices out there! Thank you though, Minnifer!

No prob... I'm trying to resist myself (at least for today) so in the meantime I'm just living vicariously through everyone else's purchases!

I think there MAY be some HOTTIES that DO NOT have a Havana, but totally agree that they ARE the HH staple!

sdnoobie -
congrats on gettin your Havana!

Now, IMO - the must have are RAMONE CUFFS!!!
I started w/two and somehow, just got four more.
Now I'm eyeing the Ginger/Gray studded version for the Spring. I love 'em....went to a formal-ish event the other night - stacked three of 'em together to give my outfit an "edge" and they were a HIT!!!

Lisa- hello my friend.. I have been a member here for a long time but I dont post much..

but wanted to give some lorca love too.. its a great bag.. HH really has the softest leather.

my first loves will always be my YSL muse but I use several HH smaller bags for my going out purses...

and welcome to the purse forum.. everyone here is super nice

Hi JD! Glad to see you over here!!! Yeah, apparently I'm on some sort of tear...I think I'm going to have to sell some other stuff to pay for my new buys! ;)

Sdnoobie, there's a whole thread of Lorca love Karmenzsofia started. It's been a bit goofy lately, but the Lorcas ROCK. I've got the ICP and it's truly the most beautiful bag I've ever owned. I'm pretty casual, and the shine (but crinkly) of the patent along with HH's signature studs and little tassels makes me feel like a princess. The navy works with black or anything else--it's subtle. And some of us have noted that the patents work well with the elongated shape of the Lorca (they're a little lighter weight so they don't sag in the middle, which can happen with the Lorca if you don't fill it up).

I've also just bought an older Lagoon Lorca on sale at Von Maur--not quite the $130 you saw, but still on sale at $233. (I'm in love with the print lining combo with the lagoon.)

Thanks so much, jennirane! That ICP really jumped out at me, so I'm glad to hear that it seems to hold it's shape well...I'm going to really keep my eyes peeled as soon as I'm ready to buy more!

Now, IMO - the must have are RAMONE CUFFS!!!
I started w/two and somehow, just got four more.
Now I'm eyeing the Ginger/Gray studded version for the Spring. I love 'em....went to a formal-ish event the other night - stacked three of 'em together to give my outfit an "edge" and they were a HIT!!!

I'm with you blammie, I started out with the Platinum lizard, then got the Bronze Anaconda. Now I have the Plat Liz., Bronze Anaconda, BBWS, and I have Celinas in VCP, Ruby, and Black!!!! And I have my eyes on like at least 5 or 6 of the new ones! EEEP! Good thing they didn't make these when I was in high school! It probably would have split my punk rock brain in two to try to wrap my head around a $90 punk rock bracelet hahaha.

You don't really want to show restraint, do you? ;) I understand as I've been on a bit of a buying binge myself this month, and absolutely must stop. But I have to say, the Lorcas are really awesome, and if it wasn't for the fact that I've already overbought this month I would be snapping up one of those ICP Lorcas on ecrater. They are so gorgeous!!

My HH must-haves:

1) Clutch wallet. It's hands down the best wallet I've ever used. I adore it. The only problem that I have with it is that the turnlock comes open in my purse, but I understand that they've fixed that on the new version -- so now it's perfect. (And it's only a minor quibble, anyway, since it's so far superior to other wallets that I've had in the past.)

2) Carryalls. They're so simple, but they have made a world of difference. The inside of my purse used to resemble a garbage can. Now it's much more organized, I can find things quickly and easily, and -- wonder of wonders -- it's quick and easy to switch purses, something I formerly did about once every three or four months because it was such a hassle.

Those are my only absolute everyone-in-the-world-must-have items. The rest of my list is subjective/according to taste.

3) Corcovado. For use as a carryon/large schlepping bag. It looks much nicer and more polished than the old bookbag I'd pressed into service for the last umpteen million years.

4) Havana. The shape of the bag, IMO, showcases the gorgeous buttery-soft leather to perfection. This is the bag that got me into Hayden-Harnett in the first place. It's a showstopper. However, it really only sings to me in certain colors (Saddle, Yam, Cordovan, Anthracite, Oyster). Others leave me cold (black, gray, the famous VCP! They are lovely on other people, but wouldn't be "me."). Like I said -- totally up to individual taste :yes:.

I have lots more HH that I own, use regularly, and love -- but if I were introducing a new person to HH and they asked me for "greatest hits" or "essentials," these are the items that I would point them towards.

Last edited: