HH in the rain?

happygirl34

Jan 15, 2009
Hi hotties! Sorry if this has been previously discussed (I can't figure out how to search keywords w/in the HH threads only)

So, here's my topic:

What HH leathers/colors do you
a) recommend hold up well in the rain (no water stains, color running, etc)
b) recommend never allow to get wet

Thanks! I'm going to Vegas this weekend where it will rain. I think I'll take my GZ Trophy, but maybe not because it's so big. Thoughts?

I have a saddle Havana Hobo that I sprayed once with Kiwi. When it rains, it dries without any marks whatsoever.

(To search keywords w/in the HH threads only, scroll down and highlight the HH thread title in the search options by clicking on the title.)

My anthracite Lorca has survived some sprinkles with no problems. Obviously don't let your bag get soaked, and dry off any sprinkles ASAP....

I have an anthracite Sonia which held up really, really well in pouring rain. Now I do not recommend doing this intentionally but I got caught in a NY downpour and couldn't prevent it. Stormy gave a great tip about carrying a ziploc bag in your bags in case you do get caught in the rain - that way it can be kept dry and protected for those emergency moments.

Also I have the Marcel and Clara flap bag - both in Black Zeus - those have also held up well with a few sprinkles of rain. I just make sure to wipe them off quickly with a soft cloth.

The care thread has alot of good, very helpful info on the different types of leather. Definitely worth reading.

Hope that helps!

My Anthracite Sonia does well in light rain!

The patents (KP and BP, but not the "crystal patents" like GZ/BZ) are also a great weather-proof choice.

I might also use my Sao Paolo in rosso - it's a tougher leather that I think will look even better with some use and (light) abuse.

Any of the naked leathers I avoid precipitation at ALL costs, including looking like a crazy person in public (garbage bag around bag, using umbrella for bag not self etc etc)

That made me laugh...I do it too. I carry a black garbage bag rolled up and stuffed in the bottom of the outside pocket of my beloved saddle Ana.

Any of the naked leathers I avoid precipitation at ALL costs, including looking like a crazy person in public (garbage bag around bag, using umbrella for bag not self etc etc)

^^:lol: I think I'm going to join the garbage bag club! great idea! and thank you for the suggestion to carry around a cloth in the bag! I'll take good care of my precious!

Needed to bump this topic up because of recent monsoon-like conditions in my neck of the woods (Pacific Northwest). It has been like living in a waterfall for the whole month of November.

http://www.theprovince.com/Weather+forecast+Would+believe+another+week+rain/2244052/story.html

I've been carrying my KP corc nonstop and am getting a little tired of the poor thing. Here's my question: I'm thinking about getting another rain proof bag. I'm still desperately in search of an anthracite Havana but haven't seen any.

Should I go for a violet crinkle or indigo crinkle Havana or do you think the new shine leathers are just as rain-proof? I've looked at the black or grape shine Havanas but don't know if they will be as rain-proof as the crinkle patents.

I agree w/ everyone that anthracite is awesome for drizzle, though I shield it during downpours. A havana in that color is hard to come by though...
So, there is always PVC, but I think the mini erol is the only one in that and the top of it is open, yuck.
Can I recommend an HH for Target umbrella?

Also, travel/nylon bags would be fine, I think. Personally, I don't like any of my leathers (with the exception of anthracite) to get wet.

Sally, did you get caught up in the thunderstorms this afternoon? The kids and I got home from the GP's before it got really bad, but DH said he's never driven through anything like it (and we're both Vancouver born and bred) :wtf: . I don't know how rainproof the shine leathers will be, especially if the peeling problems aren't all worked out. I hope to have a VCP Lorca in my hot little hands sometime next week. Will let you know know how it does in this weather...

Sirene - I was at home but got freaked out. (I'm a Vancouver native too) Hail covered the skylights and the lightning lit up my office even though the blinds were closed. I went and got candles and a lighter in case the power went out. The biggest issue through all these rain storms is the fact that the whole back of our house is tarped off and the stucco has been cut where they were attaching the extension to the back of the house. We have had water pouring into our kitchen. It has been just lovely. The tarps are shredded from the high winds.

I'd love to hear how the vcp lorca works in the rain. This weather is ridiculous.

Oh no--this weather is definitely *not* reno-friendly. I've been amazed by the number of windy days we've been having, it's nutty! The rain is really starting to get me down...I'm hoping the VCP will be that little pop of brightness in this miserable weather.

Stay dry!