HH Hotties Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back fafnir! You have definitely been missed around here!

Last night I made the mistake of looking at my face with a black light. Um, can we say sun damage?! It was freaking scary! Has anyone ever done this? My skin is freckled a little bit but I didn't think I had suffered the repercussions (yet) from my sun-worshiping college days. Think again! There it is...right below the surface. I'm about to drop some cash on this and the whole murad environmental line. Anyone tried it or have any other recommendations? Age Spots | Sun Spots | Murad Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Gel

Yep, that's a Wood's light. Agreed - very scary. I used the Murad Clarifying Cleanser and Skin Perfecting Lotion and was very disappointed in it. No improvement whatsoever. With the glycolic acid & hydroquinone in the Age Spot & Pigment Lightening Gel, you should see results after several weeks IF you keep the sun off that area. Let me know if you have any luck. If you want a slightly less expensive option, I like Rx for Brown Skin (and I'm pretty "white"). It took a lot of the redness out of my acne scars.

Hey, random question, did anyone notice that when you go to Forums it's now split into Premier Designer and "just" Designer (or maybe it changed recently and I just didn't notice it)? Sniff, sniff... I feel so dissed...just kidding ;)

Eek, I would be soooooooooo afraid to look at my skin under that light... I'm in denial about how aged and haggard I look... for a while I was using Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty line (cuz that's just the kind of infomercial sucker I am, lol!) and it was great - made a big difference amd my skin looked pretty darn good if I do say so myself. But then after giving birth, I developed some sort of allergic reaction to it and had to stop using it, so I'm still on a quest to find new product to make me look 20 again (ok, how about 30? 35?? :nuts:). Any suggestions?

Hey, random question, did anyone notice that when you go to Forums it's now split into Premier Designer and "just" Designer (or maybe it changed recently and I just didn't notice it)? Sniff, sniff... I feel so dissed...just kidding ;)

Me too! I hadn't been on tPF over the weekend so today when I signed on today I thought <gasp!> HH had been relegated to the discard bin, what was I going to do??

Oh..quelle domage..mon amies...we have been cast aside because we are not one of the higher levels in TPFs caste system..sniffle sniffle...I am so crushed that we can no longer grace the hallowed halls with Chanel, Hermes, Bottega Veneta..and all the others...oh please..seriously..who cares..talk about elitism..hmmph...so much for democracy..!

Well as Groucho once said..I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would stoop to having me as a member...so no premier designer membership for me..LOL

Minnifer..I use the old Hungarian method that has been passed down for generations..plain yogurt on the face so the lactic acid exfoliates..then add a bit of sugar granules so the glycolic acid works a bit..and scrub gently in the morning..pure honey masks to soothe my skin and add moisturizer because it's a natural humectant..aloe vera juice that I put on my face and I also drink to sooth my stomach and a lot of other pure products as long as they don't cause allergic reactions. That's for extra TLC..but on a daily basis I also swear by Oil of Olay Regenerist Line...and Eurcerin for Sensitive Skin in the winter.

That's it for me..and I drink about 2 gallons of water a day. Plus sunscreen every day even in winter.

Only tint I use on my skin is Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer..it's fantastic and isn't maskey or cakey..just gives my skin a bit of even tone..moisturizes..has SPF 15 and makes my skin glow without hiding my freckles..foundation for special occasions I swear by Giorgio Armani Fluid Silk..a bit more coverage but doesn't look like a mask either..sometimes I mix it half and half with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

While I'll never be carded again..and I don't look like I'm in my 20's or even my thirties...I don't think I look my age either..at least I've been told so on a good day..LOL..

Minnifer, the Cindy Crawford infomercial is so convincing! LOL I have almost suckered for that on multiple occasions. So it actually works?! My skin is sensitive too though. I used proactive maybe 10 yrs ago and after a while my eyelids started to puff up like crazy. Like an idiot it took me forever to realize it (benzoyl peroxide) was the cause. Now if I even put acne cream or something on a little spot on my shoulder my eyelids will do the same. Hmmm

gingey, thanks for the info! My DF's hungarian grandmother looked fresh-faced at 93--I wonder if she had a similar method. So how does this work? Do you leave the yogurt on for any period of time?

lulu, thanks for the info about the firming cream. It's exciting to hear about a product actually working! I'm also at an in-between stage. Ugh, the black light did a number on me. I just want to try to fix this (is that even possible?) before it becomes visible!

And thanks for the tip ohcarnage--which product did you use from the Rx line?

paelaf
LIVER SPOTS.....LOL! YUCK-EEEEE........
I've gots 'em babe.....plenty.
Noticed some brown spots that popped up...literally overnight when I was in my early 30's....so have been using screenscreen EVERY DAY since than and I'm hitting 50 next year.
No matter what I do, the spots keep on coming. They are more pronounced in summer. Per the dermatologist....I've been triple slammed....sun exposure/genetics/birth control pills.
Eliminated/controlled those things I could (pills & sun exposure). Have tried many products, but nothing that I thought really lightened the spots. Oh yes, and even did a bit of lasering on one cheek area (the left side which gets more exposure from driving your car), but it really didn't help.
So, when it bothers me...I just take a foundation stick (used Bobbi Brown and currently using Cantecaille) dot and blend away. I've learned to just live with it..........

Mantra - minimize your time in the sun, and wear sunscreen (though there are have reports surfacing that this also may not be great for you!!!!) EVERY DAY!!!

hey......those SANDALS are TDF!!!!!!! REALLY. The way that they are cut....ah, makes my heart sing.
Getting my LD Tuttles today....let's see IF they are keepers.

Rocky Horror is on TV tonight!!! Saved from DVRed episodes of F-Word from three years ago!!! Oh, it takes me back. Midnight Movies on Thursday nights in Oklahoma City. BACK ROW SUCKS!!

Rocky Horror is on TV tonight!!! Saved from DVRed episodes of F-Word from three years ago!!! Oh, it takes me back. Midnight Movies on Thursday nights in Oklahoma City. BACK ROW SUCKS!!

I remember sneaking out to see it when I was 17 and staying overnight at a friend's. How fun!

It's Hell's Kitchen for me tonight. (the only "reality" show I watch). Anyone else watch? Wondering if Chef Ramsey got plastic surgery on those jowls or just lost weight.

SO funny how pop culture intersects!! I was JUST shouting "That man has no neck!!" at the TV. And do you know The F-Word on BBC America? It's Ramsey's British show... I think it's heads and tails better than HK.

Oh, and I think he's lost weight. He's running marathons.

oddly enough, my friend and I were just doing this dance for the entertainment (and embarrassment) of our children just the other day... just after I gave her the green jackson mini wallet for her birthday...

Status
Not open for further replies.