HH Hotties Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennirane, I just wanted to comment on your gorgeous quilts in the other thread. You and your sister in law are master quiltmakers!!! The colour combinations are knock-out fabulous-- it's not easy to choose colours that look so pleasing together! And the free motion machine quilting-- wow!! I am in awe over the skill and artistry that it takes to quilt those flower and leaf patterns so consistently perfectly, free hand. The last time I tried stipple quilting, I ran over my finger with the sewing machine needle and couldn't stop screaming in horror (although it didn't really hurt all that much, lol). Bravo on your wondrous creations, and thanks for sharing the pictures! :woohoo:

Thanks, Merrygold! I had a blast designing it, probably because I'd never really thought about quilts before. I just love contemporary/modern art and design and went with it (it still feels somewhat traditional which is nice... we titled it "Two Quilts in Space" to be funny). The fabrics were the best part--I never knew quilting fabrics could be so beautiful. But my SIL is truly an artist with the free-hand quilting. I do a lot of cake decorating and have been into mehndi-style designs lately, and she says it's similar, but after watching her do that for hours I really don't think so! (It was just one quilt, BTW, front and back. Two would have killed me, LOL!)

Stormy, thanks for sharing the relationship you share with your baby--she sounds incredibly smart and intuitive! And you must be, as well, to have developed such great communication with her.

OK. That's just weird. My lil cat believes she DOES have opposable thumbs ! She can pick up a piece of popcorn from a bowl or unwrap a Hershey's Kiss. If I have kisses she HEARS them and comes running to steal them, opens them up ~ didn't even know at first until we found wrappers and chocolates everywhere. She also HAS to do whatever I am doing, and copies every move so I am not too surprised your Kitty is cleaning closets too ! Try this one: get into a stare contest and wink. Yes, Kitty will wink back. It took awhile for her to get it right, but it was cute watching her try. Now she is very proud of it and will initiate a stare- wink. She has another "code" If I lick my lips, she licks hers , then comes to me. She is my obedient child, and comes when called, but if she's feeling stubborn, waits for a whistle ~~ not a simple one, she won't come until she hears Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, The Muppets Theme song, or Andy Griffith ( I didn't know she liked that until she heard it on TV and came running ) Gracie loves Leather work and thinks she is my Assistant. As a hard rule, she is not allowed on leather and she is very careful about that. When I cut leather, she sees the tools come out, then knows she is invited. She holds it for me and knows exactly how much counterweight is needed to cut, (especially fringes, her favorite). She sits still as a statue where I tell her to hold it for me.
I don't know why she is such a worker cat; she also takes watching flying insects very seriously, and has saved my life more then once~ IF a wasp ( I am deathly allergic) gets in the house, she literally chases me into a room biting my ankles until I can close the door while she dispatches the beast. She could care less about spiders.
Gracie has short hair but when I comb mine, reaches out and grabs my hand to pull it toward her. She has to be combed, too~
They just want to do what we do.

You need a bigger place with more closet space !

Gracie sounds like an amazing cat, Stormy. Is she any particular breed? Abby came from an animal rescue organization that I volunteer with. I work with the cats that need re-socialization. They're put up for adoption once they learn that people are okay. I've done this with dozens of kittens and never had a problem letting them go until Abby. She was so sickly that her original name was "booger kitty". She's part Bengal, part mutt and I doubt that anyone could love her as much as I do.

She's not as helpful as Gracie, but she is an amazing pest-control expert. (I also have an anaphylatic reaction to wasp stings.) And she makes up her own games, jumping on me and repeatedly showing me what she wants until I play by her rules. Who knew cats could be creative?

Oh geez, Leo! I bet that was no fun to clean up. Whenever there's an earthquake, little chunks of plaster rain down in the bedroom. My apt. bldg is old...pre-drywall. Supposedly people didn't have so much stuff in the 1930's, and didn't need the closet space.

So, back to it. It just got too darn hot to deal with sweaters and coats, so I need to get it done while it's still only in the 80's and the AC (which is in the LR) is still making an impact on the temp in the BR.

Hey all,

I sure missed a bunch of goings-on here while I was on vacation! Jennirane -- glad to see you are still around. Love your quilts -- not only are you talented verbally, you are talented graphically!

Stormy -- what a great kitty you have! I love how all our pets have their little (or sometimes outsized) personalities and quirks.

Candace -- welcome welcome! Post pics when you get them; we love photos!

Groucho Marx as Captain Spaulding singing:

Hello, I must be going,
I cannot stay, I came to say, I must be going.
I’m glad I came, but just the same I must be going.
La La.

In laundryland and in the process of major cleanup/recouping from my "vacation"..can't catch up until l8tr, not even sure I can. Not buying anything at all pursewise, didn't buy anything at all neither while on vacation nor in the past few months except for sunglasses, a mini purse and some needed T shirts and stuff. Nothing luxury, nothing frivolous..I need to pare down and I am doing it. Not easy, but I've HAD it with the accumulation more DH's than mine as far a sheer crap and papers. So if I can at least deal with my stuff, I'll just look at DH with the hairy eyeball and he won't have any comeback.

The one thing I bought (non HH) online that was supposed to be in excellent condition, with nothing wrong with it, is being returned because it is SNAD. I saw it last night when I opened the box when I came home (late btw..very late) and noticed the flaws and believed that it was at best in VG condition..but once I saw it in daylight I was horrified. It is dirty inside and outside, spotted in some parts, significant corner wear, long dark line on the inside top of the lining, dirty corners and bottom to mention just a few things. Then a rivet popped out from the handle the second I took it out of the dustbag. That's when I called them to explain why I really really can't and keep this bag no matter what discount refund they offer, it isn't worth it. Amigas, fingers crossed for me, because they usually don't accept returns.

I am majorly pissed off at this point about so many things that I am not good company at all. So I'm on radio silence for a few more days.

Thanks to all who missed me, PM'd me about sale stuff.... I do appreciate it..only thing I want/crave are a pair of Chie Miharas that work for me and to do so I swore to downsize shoes. I am stuck with so many new and hardly worn shoes in an assortment of sizes. I am sorry I didn't return a pair of D. Pliner's to 6PM I love but are just a bit too high for me so I will never ever use them.

Heart over head once with the shoes and that bag...yet again but this was the last time doing that for me. The last purchase I mentioned above I took as a sign that things usually aren't what they seem in retail/resale land no matter how reputable and I am not meant to be buying anything until karma/aura/chi or whatever changes..time for a tuneup/cleansing perhaps. Be that as it may..over and out!

Once again the chorus:

Hello, I must be going,
I cannot stay, I came to say, I must be going.
I’m glad I came, but just the same I must be going.
La La.

XOXO

Seems UPS is gonna make a delivery today - finally! Can't wait for my HH goodies. Please cross your fingers that my samples are okay.

Back to finishing the freakin' closet. Got K.O. by a migraine and then the intense heat. It's not even 8am and it's already 78.

Jenn- Great Quilt!!! It's so colorful. I love it!

Stormy - Your cat sounds awesome. Kinda like mine. I swear he can talk to me. He meows a certain way and I'm like oh okay cat I'll get you your toy in a min. We need kitten pics

Candace -Welcome to hottieville!! Please do post pics of your new goodies!

Gingey- Sorry about your SNAD item. That must have been a huge bummer.

Australia was good. I took pictures with real film (omg! real 35mm film) LOL My digital camera didn't want to work the whole trip. I always keep a kodak disposable camera in my suitcase. Thank goodness cuz I got some cool photos. I'm super jet lagged and I'm in and out of nap land all day.

On another note: Sorry about the lead lido. My DH put in the first bid cuz it was on my list... I didn't have a price put down like I normally do. So he bid with no idea how much these things cost. I (DH) ended up winning it only becuase I texted him WTF that was an amazing buy it now. I ended up paying about as much as I told him I would have paid.
I guess that is good for the seller she/he/it got more than double the BIN. Once again I'm so sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.