HH - Before and After

CrayonMarks

Nov 6, 2011
Sometimes we modify our pieces out of necessity or for a better fit, etc. Here's one example - my Tracy bag. Second time I carried it, one of the big studs broke off which I didn't know until I got home and saw it was missing. Long story short, I couldn't get a replacement stud from HH so I came up with my own fix.

Original:

IMG_0007-2.jpg

Before fix:

IMG_1239.jpg

After fix:

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Yes, I would put two skull studs on it, too.

I am wishing my Biblio had a longer strap so I could wear it crossbody when I have to use my cane, but I LOVE the braided shoulder strap! Any ideas?

Have you tried, it x-body, Mitz?

I've found that in a pinch, I can do the x-body w the biblio v.1 roll-ey strap. It sits a little high (but I'm 5'4), but sometimes mama's gotta do what mama's gotta do.

I LOVE that skull STUD!!! I'm actually hoping my Marlow bag loses a stud now, just to put some bling on it. Where did you find it?!!!

Funny thing - HH wanted $20 for a single pyramid stud they told me would not be an exact match, and it would have driven me crazy unless I replaced ALL of those studs! But I'm OK with an asymmetrical skull - that seems right to me. :upsidedown: It also would have been $$ to replace all. The skull stud was only $2 but the repair labor was $15. Still cheaper than one stud, no repair from HH.

It was a while back but I was lucky to find it again:

http://studsandspikes.com/buy/badge-skull-badge-single-p-580.html

If something HH of mine broke within a reasonable time-frame, I never had a problem with a repair or a fix. About three years ago, a stud fell off one of my Ramones (first and only time it ever happened) about three weeks after I purchased it and HH repaired it and returned in a decent amount of time.

Very cool McQueen-like addition/fix to the Tracy, CM. I would have taken off the stud on the other side and put a second skull stud to match because I too am a bit OCD when it comes to things matching up evenly. But then again, maybe you have the right idea because three live studs and a skull are better than two live studs and two skulls. I like a little life in my studs. :P

I am wishing my Biblio had a longer strap so I could wear it crossbody when I have to use my cane, but I LOVE the braided shoulder strap! Any ideas?

If it's the original Biblio, I would try to turn the skinny braided cord into an extension on one end of the strap. Or, add hardware rings to each end. Problem would be matching the color.

If it's the original Biblio, I would try to turn the skinny braided cord into an extension on one end of the strap. Or, add hardware rings to each end. Problem would be matching the color.

I thought about that, but I REALLY load my bag up, so not sure I wouldn't ruin the braided cord. I have to make a trip to the hardware and craft store this weekend for some supplies, I will have a look at hardware. I hadn't even thought of that. I only need to gain abt 2 inches for it to be perfect.

It's not too clear, but this is my Big Sexy AL tote, redyed aqua.

It really compliments the green, but didn't do that great of a job hiding the stains (oops). It's my "park" bag w the kids/grocery bag, and it's seen all kinds of sand/dirt/food mishaps. Washes and dries great.

Attachments

• Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 194