HH Bag Disaster - What can I do?

astorienne

Jul 29, 2006
I have what used to be a beautiful HH Havana Hobo in Saddle that I was using with an adorable HH poppy tassle. Some moisture got on to the tassle and the red dye stained my beautiful bag. It's horrible. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but when I noticed it, I was so upset.

What can I do? I haven't tried taking it back to HH as I don't think they'd return it (they say not to let the bags come into contact with any moisture as they are minimally finished and will run). Can my bag be dyed? Is there anyway to clean it? I need TPF wisdom, desperately!

Thanks!

I don't think there is any chance that red dye will come out. Some of the tpf ladies have spoken of a place where you can send a bag to be dyed. I'm certain that they will chime in.

I'm so sorry.

I think your best option is to see if you can have the bag dyed. If HH has a disclaimer about the dye running, they've probably encountered this sort of thing before and won't be of much help...

Sorry this happened to you :sad: I hope you can come up with a solution to save the bag!

Good luck! I just bought a luggage Havana off ebay and it's so beautiful and soft, I really hope you can enjoy yours again. I'm wondering how careful I need to be with this bag (e.g., not carrying it in the rain).

I have the chocolate Ana and have been caught in the rain several times with no issues, thankfully. I can't wrap myself around the idea of not being able to carry an everyday bag outside!!!

Well, I'd certainly check with HH and tell them about your problem. Their tassels *shouldn't* be doing that! I don't ever remember seeing anything about their tassels coming with that disclaimer. Call them.

I'm so sorry. That just makes me sick for you.

I doubt if HH will do anything. It was a wet red tassel on a light naked leather bag. Kind of like when you accidentally run a piece of red clothing through the washing machine with your white shirts.