Hey Speedy owners....

tabbyco

Shh....
O.G.
Jun 5, 2006
Just go the Damier 30. Love the Damier, but not a huge fan of the top handle. Called in for the 25.

Here is the problem.... I am a shoulder bag girl. Do you think I can convert to a handheld? I am afraid that I will get so sick of carrying it around that I will not use it (yes, I'm that lazy :nuts: :nuts: ).

I am torn. Does anyone else feel this way?

I believe you can buy straps to use it as a shoulder bag, might look weird but I think someone has tried it before. I gotten use to the handles and it actually isn't that bad unless you overload the bag. Heh...

I was always a shoulder bag girl!!! For well, always. Then I got the Manhattan PM. and it was a breeze. I thought I would have problems too, but no way, you just get used to it and do things a little differently but without even thinking about it. I even got another hand-held bag after that!!

I don't carry my speedy if I know I'm going to be out all day. I'm a shoulder bag girl too. The Speedy is fun, but if I want to have my hands free, I carry another bag.

Yes, I wanna get a damier speedy too. Yes, most if not all my handbags are shoulder bags. I wondering the same thing and I have kids and need to be handsfree and wondering whether I'll just hang it on the baby stroller like all the baby bags and shopping bags. I bought a lovely pink rose tote from laura ashley recently and it ended there, on the stroller!

I prefer shoulder bags personally. You're pregnant, right? That's why you're getting the Mezzo, kind of as a diaper bag? My kids are older now, but when they were little, I absolutely had to have both hands free. Just something to think about...

boku said:
I believe you can buy straps to use it as a shoulder bag, might look weird but I think someone has tried it before. I gotten use to the handles and it actually isn't that bad unless you overload the bag. Heh...

What strap would go with a Damier handheld? I'm one of those crazy people who use a strap with a Speedy, so if there's one that could go with a Damier Speedy, I would definitely be interested.

Not pregnant yet, but workin' on it :shame: I might get 10 months use out of it before I have my hands full, literally :biggrin:

Want a Damier, but their shoulder bags are more than I want to spend (esp. after buying the SO Mezz).

Whats a girl to do???

I have a mono 25 speedy and it does get in the way if you want both hands free. It's inconvenient when you are shopping and when you have small children. It's a really fun and nice bag to have but not as convenient to use as a shoulder bag. I wouldn't recommend this bag if you are a mom of young children.

ME!
I love the handheld bags but i'm a shoulder bag person myself. For the last week or so i've been carrying my baggy pm and LOVE IT! I have the neo speedy as well and i think i like this more.

Even my b/f says the baggy is better suited for me. for my the issue is getting the handles dirty, this is why i like the shoulder bags. Plus while shopping its much easier to work with.

So i try and plan my bag according to me shopping day. :rolleyes:

tabbyco said:
Just go the Damier 30. Love the Damier, but not a huge fan of the top handle. Called in for the 25.

Here is the problem.... I am a shoulder bag girl. Do you think I can convert to a handheld? I am afraid that I will get so sick of carrying it around that I will not use it (yes, I'm that lazy :nuts: :nuts: ).

I am torn. Does anyone else feel this way?

did you look at the seleya? Maybe you have it already but it seems very practical. It's not extremele exspensive and it think you can better spend a little more on a bag you will love and use then buying a bag because its cheaper

mharvey816 said:
What strap would go with a Damier handheld? I'm one of those crazy people who use a strap with a Speedy, so if there's one that could go with a Damier Speedy, I would definitely be interested.

My SA tried to talk me into one yesterday ($180) for my Damier Speedy...it looked cute, but I chose to wait it out.