Travel Hey Skiers! Deer Valley anyone?

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
I am overwhelmed by all the great ski in and out hotels/resorts in Deer Valley. They all seem amazing. I am now looking for suggestions from people who have stayed in any of them. All my friends who have gone seem to agree that anywhere you stay is awesome. Would like to narrow the list down though.

I like the idea of having my gear valet'd but not a deal breaker. I do require a spa on the property. And I know you can throw a rock and hit a great restaurant but would also like recommendations for that too.

Sorry can't help. We haven't been to PC in a few years and we rent houses when we would go. You can never go wrong with the St. Regis!

Have fun shoo!

I am overwhelmed by all the great ski in and out hotels/resorts in Deer Valley. They all seem amazing. I am now looking for suggestions from people who have stayed in any of them. All my friends who have gone seem to agree that anywhere you stay is awesome. Would like to narrow the list down though.

I like the idea of having my gear valet'd but not a deal breaker. I do require a spa on the property. And I know you can throw a rock and hit a great restaurant but would also like recommendations for that too.

i've stayed at deer valley, i believe it was in the black diamond lodge (i can't remember the name but it was near the silver lake express lift). we had a ski in-out two bedroom condo with hot tub. it was grand, beautifully furnished in that high-end "rustic" mountain style: knotty pine table, big leather sofa, wool throws, antler chandeliers (a little freaky but it worked in the double height space) etc...

if i'm by myself, i prefer staying in SLC but only because my favorite is Alta (they don't groom as much) and there is a a very convenient shuttle or bus service. we've also rented a house in Sandy and driven to various resorts.

as for restaurants, it's not in deer valley but i really liked the Sundance Tree Room restaurant. during the sundance film festival, we were enjoying our dinner so much that only after we'd ordered dessert, we realized we won't have time for that and make a screening. the restaurant quickly packed up our order and we were able to eat it during the movie.

awesome! thanks apey! good stuff!
We just stayed at Stein Eriksen lodge. It was really nice. They do have an awesome ski valet service so that would work for you. It's right on the lifts. Highly recommend.

I'm also assuming money is no object because rooms were going for north of $800 a night, although we did see some specials for around $550 + rentals/lift tickets for two. Thats really not too shabby for the property.

For restaurants, I wasn't that impressed with their food, but SE does have a shuttle that runs into Park City, pretty much any time you need it. Other than Après ski, I'd head to the city for a good meal.

We ate at High West distillery. Not impressed with their food either. :smile: I'll try to dig up the place we went the previous year, which was awesome.

We just stayed at Stein Eriksen lodge. It was really nice. They do have an awesome ski valet service so that would work for you. It's right on the lifts. Highly recommend.

I'm also assuming money is no object because rooms were going for north of $800 a night, although we did see some specials for around $550 + rentals/lift tickets for two. Thats really not too shabby for the property.

For restaurants, I wasn't that impressed with their food, but SE does have a shuttle that runs into Park City, pretty much any time you need it. Other than Après ski, I'd head to the city for a good meal.

We ate at High West distillery. Not impressed with their food either. :smile: I'll try to dig up the place we went the previous year, which was awesome.

Thank you! Please do!

I checked into the St. Regis and Montage Deer Valley. It seems like you can throw a rock and hit a great resort and they all sound wonderful but it really helps to get this kind of feedback. :smile:

Thank you! Please do!

I checked into the St. Regis and Montage Deer Valley. It seems like you can throw a rock and hit a great resort and they all sound wonderful but it really helps to get this kind of feedback. :smile:

Citicard fail - can't pull up the old statement to find the name of that restaurant - but I'll check again in a few. :smile:

I really, really liked Deer Valley. Great runs and everyone was so friendly. I'm liking Utah more and more, compared to Colorado, just due to the proximity of so many ski areas. We stayed at the base of the canyon one year and drove up to Alta, Snowbird and others. Lots of great variety in the area.

Christine said:
Citicard fail - can't pull up the old statement to find the name of that restaurant - but I'll check again in a few. :smile:

I really, really liked Deer Valley. Great runs and everyone was so friendly. I'm liking Utah more and more, compared to Colorado, just due to the proximity of so many ski areas. We stayed at the base of the canyon one year and drove up to Alta, Snowbird and others. Lots of great variety in the area.

Do you have a favorite ski area there?

Do you have a favorite ski area there?

If by "there" you mean Deer Valley, the whole area is perfect. I did a good job being lazy this time and hit mostly greens and easy blues. There are much harder runs but I didn't take them. They did get good reviews though.

If you mean the SLC area, I might consider looking for a house or condo in cottonwood canyon and trying the multitude of resorts. Snowbird, Alta and solitude are great. You will have to drive a short bit though.

If staying in the Park City area, then Deer Valley and Park City resorts are what you want. Note that alta, etc is separated from Park city so pick wisely. You won't lose either way, just a different experience.

I did not like The Canyons, due to the many lifts it took to get one "home" and there weren't any easy routes, especially at the end of the day. :smile:

I hope that helped. And if I misread your poast, let me know.

Awesome! I am a blue and green girl myself and hubby is black diamond nut! I'm thinking we will stay with Deer Valley since there are more runs for me and no snowboarders! Thank you so much! You've been a great help!

Awesome! I am a blue and green girl myself and hubby is black diamond nut! I'm thinking we will stay with Deer Valley since there are more runs for me and no snowboarders! Thank you so much! You've been a great help!

if you want a change of pace, Alta is a skier-only resort unless they changed in the last 2-3 years. I don't know where you usually ski, but I found Utah runs are rated a little harder than California (i.e. the blues are a little more challenging and blacks are true blacks in that I wouldn't go down it if I were a beginner). it basically jives with Colorado. if the snowfall has been good, Alta will give you plenty of (amazing) powder runs and they don't frown on tree skiing. it also connects with snowbird which does allow snowboards. snowbird runs are nice and steep. not very beginner friendly.