hey scarf heads - question

Am I the only mousseline-junkie around here? I love the GMs most of all, also have a good many PMs which work better with jackets. I do have a good size collection of regular silk twills, but they just don't make my heart pound as much as the mousselines.

I only have a few pocket squares, and don't wear them much except for going under some of my shirts with very narrow neck opening.

Dead birds...priceless...
This is a bit off topic, but, I am considering a mousseline scarf/wrap, one that is about 79" x 28" and wondering if anyone has one and how they like it. They are beautiful but very fragile-looking.

I have a few and I love them. I wish Hermes produced mroe designs in this size every year.

Here's a pic of me wearing one of them:
attachment.php

ooo, just checked. 'paddock' is good. it is. thanks. it's getting more impressionist than i typically like, but not too. this is going in the file!!

Well, if Paddock makes the cut, you might also want to consider a few other Clerc designs: Les Amazones, Armenonville (I :heart: this one) and Soiree a L'Opera/Soiree de Gala, for example. Soiree was just reissued in 2006 and so you might be able to find one still available at a NM or boutique.

I also thought of the Venetian Carnaval scarf (gosh--it has 2 different names and I can't think of either one right now and I just wore mine on Monday!) that has a lovely lady in gorgeous period dress and Azulejos also has at least one lady in "Old World" period dress along with the men and boats.

Hey, where was I when this went up?!

what about with scarves?

anyone stick with one theme or one colorway???

anyone exclusively wear pocket squares or exclusively scarves?

Just about anything that has great contrasting and strong colors. BUT NO white, yellow, dark purple or pastels. White is too high maintenance, easily stained. Yellow looks terrible on me or maybe because I've never been very fond of the color. Dark purple doesn't work on me either. Pastels are too soft. I don't really have a particular theme or cw. Only 35" silk and 56" cashmere for me, no pocket sqs, twillies, pointus. I do have some mousselines though. But again, only strong colors.

^^^DEAD BIRDS:shocked:

I think din din when I see dead birds. I don't mind hunting guns on my scarves but I think controversial for some. Definitely not appropriate scarf for Sunday Church. Also, I don't buy vintage i.e. aything more than 25 years old. The prints can look 'off' but some attribute this to part of the charm, but not for me. WARNING: they really do add up, when I kinda look at them, I was in the single digit of scarf ownership, now I'm in the 3 digits. So, I'm pretty satisfied. And YES YES YES, when I add them all up, I can buy BAGS. So please, stay Cool, Calm & Collected. The 3C's.

Sometimes I find that the service at the scarf counter can be very 'quick' they start pulling them out and I get really confused. I've made a point to ask them about artists, all the available c/ws etc. I find that they expect us to make a decision quickly on a $325 plus tax item!

Wrt eBay, I do venture there, and there are good deals. BUT you really have to be very careful. 1st timers, just stick to 'New with Tags' and PLEASE read the FINE PRINT! And post in authenticate thread b4 you buy.