hey scarf heads - question

allaboutnice that looks beautiful on you.
any particular reason behind the "no white" rule?

i would like to eventually build a collection exclusively featuring women, especially in period dress, like in paris modiste!:love: i've already found about 3, make that 4 vintage patterns that would fit this requirement perfectly! but i hope they come out with some new ones. i really appreciate ($$ - lol) that this will limit my choices. i would make an exception for ex libres i think. as for colors, i would like to say, only red, but in reality i think i will just go with whatever grabs me. the SA showed me this scarf in other colorways and they were all beautiful, none i wouldn't want, but this one had really struck me deeply.

Thank you Hiheels, white just doesn't suit me, my skin's too sallow and yellow I think, the one scarf I had, I sold, never wore it. Although come to think of it, I do have another scarf with white, a cotton one for the summer, although I've yet to wear it. The white just catches my eye, but in the wrong way, I'm the same in my garden, practically no white flowers, they catch my eye too much, like a piece of litter or a white plastic bag blown across the garden, LOL. I'm just dead boring and neutral I'm afraid, luckily Hermes has some great really low-key pieces that really appeal to me and the lack of 'right' scarves for me, keeps the spending in check a bit, LOL

I love the idea of your collection - we'll all be looking ut for you.

gga, thank you

i would like to eventually build a collection exclusively featuring women, especially in period dress, like in paris modiste!:love: i've already found about 3, make that 4 vintage patterns that would fit this requirement perfectly!

HH, that sounds like a lovely idea for a collection. You will surely end up with a fascinating and eclectic collection. Is the focus to be only women on the scarf or period dress? Besides Paris Modiste, so far I've only been able to think of 3 others with women only in period dress (Chapeaux, Hello Dolly, and Huile Rafraichissante a l'Usage de la Toilette Parfumee), but several with women in period dress with a few men included (e.g., Imagerie, Promenade a Versailles, Costumes Civils Actuels). I love these puzzles of trying to determine which Hermes scarves will fit a theme!

HH, that sounds like a lovely idea for a collection. You will surely end up with a fascinating and eclectic collection. Is the focus to be only women on the scarf or period dress? Besides Paris Modiste, so far I've only been able to think of 3 others with women only in period dress (Chapeaux, Hello Dolly, and Huile Rafraichissante a l'Usage de la Toilette Parfumee), but several with women in period dress with a few men included (e.g., Imagerie, Promenade a Versailles, Costumes Civils Actuels). I love these puzzles of trying to determine which Hermes scarves will fit a theme!

omgd, such marvelous help MaggieD (and thank you for saying you'll look out too allaboutnice!).
um, it has to be female figures. men are welcome to join them too, lol. carrossier by philippe ledoux is fine, for example, and that only has 2 women. shopmom pointed out ombrelles et parapluis by hubert de watrigant to me. excellent! automobile by joachim metz, great. confort en automobile by caty latham is perfect too. so 'period dress' really refers to whatever the period the scarf design is from it seems lol. i will hav eto research those ones that you listed though. i'm very excited to learn about these.

okay, i could not find chapeaux, hello dolly is a little creepy (lol), Huile Rafraichissante a l'Usage de la Toilette Parfumee is borderline cartoonish but i do like it very much!
NOW, because of you i've just discovered the various Promenade patterns and IT IS LOVE!!! (longchamps, paris and versailles - ledoux, ledoux and grygkar, respectively). wowee!
and, costumes de bretagne AND des departements de la seine..., also both wonderful!!!
thank you so much MaggieD.

If a scarf has a well defined design and strong colors it usually appeals to me. I look for interesting edges so that when I tie it, it looks good. I just go with my gut reaction most of the time. I do like the designs that tell a story or have a strong theme.

Green is my favorite color, so I buy a lot of green scarves. I like trees, leaves, nature-that sort of thing. Though I think my favorite pochettes are the 2 Les Triples I own. One in yellow and one in the white/blue colorway.

i would like to eventually build a collection exclusively featuring women, especially in period dress, like in paris modiste!:love: i've already found about 3, make that 4 vintage patterns that would fit this requirement perfectly! but i hope they come out with some new ones. i really appreciate ($$ - lol) that this will limit my choices. i would make an exception for ex libres i think. as for colors, i would like to say, only red, but in reality i think i will just go with whatever grabs me. the SA showed me this scarf in other colorways and they were all beautiful, none i wouldn't want, but this one had really struck me deeply.

Would Rose's amoureux de Paris count?

attachment.php

okay, i could not find chapeaux, hello dolly is a little creepy (lol), Huile Rafraichissante a l'Usage de la Toilette Parfumee is borderline cartoonish but i do like it very much!
NOW, because of you i've just discovered the various Promenade patterns and IT IS LOVE!!! (longchamps, paris and versailles - ledoux, ledoux and grygkar, respectively). wowee!
and, costumes de bretagne AND des departements de la seine..., also both wonderful!!!
thank you so much MaggieD.

HH, I'm always so glad to help enable a scarf collector. Now that I have a better sense of what you're thinking about for your collection, I might be able to come up with some more titles for you. I'll check my "Chapeaux" scarf at home later tonight; the title might actually just be "Chapeau" (that is, in the singular form, not plural). It is another "hat-themed" scarf, but not the same kind of old world elegance as Paris Modiste, as it is an Annie Faivre design so it is more whimsical in nature.

I have looked for years without success for a "Huile Rafraichissante" in excellent condition so it is one that I would like to add to my collection too. I'm so glad that you like the Promenade scarves; I thought you probably would if there was room in your new collection for a few men to appear in a design. And if the particular period doesn't matter, then don't forget to consider many of the Greco-Roman scarf designs such as those that shopmom favors, like Musique des Dieux (toga! toga!). I'm going to put my thinking cap on and see if I can't think up some more for you. Such fun!

allaboutnice in a pinch. lol it doesn't have quite the same impact, since it's shadows, so to speak, but it's very beautiful - perhaps irl it would get me.
i've been so busy, i've found over a dozen vintage patterns that fit the bill. this is quite a bit of work. the sad part is, i really REALLY need to find a current pattern, or wait and hope that they reissue some of these others i've found, and when they do, i'll be ready, list in hand.

And if the particular period doesn't matter, then don't forget to consider many of the Greco-Roman scarf designs such as those that shopmom favors, like Musique des Dieux (toga! toga!). I'm going to put my thinking cap on and see if I can't think up some more for you. Such fun!

welllllll, the period matters a bit, lol. i like the women to be dressed up, hats, scarves, shoes, dresses (or pants). i'm all about the wardrobe.:P

how often does hermes introduce new designs? at a particular time of year, or throughout?

And HH don't forget the charming "Les Parisiens".... women (and a few men) not in period dress, per se, but still wonderful to add to a collection featuring women I think......

Attachments

• _MG_3257LesPar1.jpg
    _MG_3257LesPar1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 67
  • _MG_3261LesParis3.jpg
    _MG_3261LesParis3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 68