hey scarf heads - question

i love those dead bird scarves.............. Can't bring myself to WEAR them though....:s
stunned.gif

ROSE WHERE DO YOU GET THESE HYSTERICAL SMILIES!!!!!!!!

LMAO over here...............and I'm SICK I tell you. SICK and you're making me laugh..............geez......

No white anywhere for me (apart from my golf ball pochette) which limits my choice a lot but makes it very quick and easy to choose from a small selection. I also like fairly dull and muted colours, again not that many about, although I could fall for 'heart of life' quite easily but it would have to be for a wall hanging, I know I would never wear it. I love the carres and the pochettes and the plisses but I don't think I'll be buying any more twillies; my DD seems to have taken to these and they look better on her than on me. I also love the cotton scarves, wish Hermes made a few more. I love anything with a horse or equestrian theme. My latest, Champs de Courses fulfils most of my criteria and is the current favourite; I would love it in a pochette size too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1_step5and6.jpg
    1_step5and6.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 82
allaboutnice that looks beautiful on you.
any particular reason behind the "no white" rule?

i would like to eventually build a collection exclusively featuring women, especially in period dress, like in paris modiste!:love: i've already found about 3, make that 4 vintage patterns that would fit this requirement perfectly! but i hope they come out with some new ones. i really appreciate ($$ - lol) that this will limit my choices. i would make an exception for ex libres i think. as for colors, i would like to say, only red, but in reality i think i will just go with whatever grabs me. the SA showed me this scarf in other colorways and they were all beautiful, none i wouldn't want, but this one had really struck me deeply.

i would like to eventually build a collection exclusively featuring women, especially in period dress, like in paris modiste!:love: i've already found about 3 vintage patterns that would fit this requirement perfectly! but i hope they come out with some new ones. i really appreciate ($$ - lol) that this will limit my choices. i would make an exception for ex libres i think. as for colors, i would like to say, only red, but in reality i think i will just go with whatever grabs me. the SA showed me this scarf in other colorways and they were all beautiful, none i wouldn't want, but this one had really struck me deeply.

Ooh, HiHeels! That sounds like such a cool idea. There should be lots more than 3 vintage ones with women in period dress. Color choice would likely be limited, though.

I like it!!!

I haven't bought a big scarf yet. Haven't figured out how to wear it. Was kind of overwhelmed by it and its size on me. Love it on others, though.
I have lots of twillys, and I only wear them wrapped around the Kelly handle (thank you Rose). I use the twillys to change the look of my Kellys, and especially to bring certain color leathers (like chocolate and raisin) to warmer weather (e.g. green tohobohu with raisin). Because I wear the twillys wrapped, I pay more attention to their colors than their designs.

Oh, I also have one pointu (fuchsia ex libres) that I love wearing as a belt through jean's loops. I would buy a ton more pointus for this purpose in a heartbeat, if I didn't think how they would eventually add up to the price of another H bag.

if I didn't think how they would eventually add up to the price of another H bag.

That happens.

It hurts when I actually go to my scarf drawer and do the math. It adds up so fast, and always seems to sneak by my practical brain right into the sybaritic part. Silk scarves turn me impractical, covetous, and malleable to any SA that wants to make a sale. I'm totally easy.

gga thank you. i'm really excited about it. i am consistenly and instantly in love with scarves that feature this. instantly. since posting i've found a 4th.:shame: lol but i want to buy exclusively from the stores for now, so i am tremendously limited. it's a good thing for now. and when this changes, i will run out and grab all the vintage ones that are waiting for me. for now i'm collecting the names of them and images to save for future reference. a shopping list of sorts. lol

tamarind you could totally wear a scarf as a top, under a blazer!