Hey, Sailor!

e_nmn_m

O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
So it's the end of Navy Week here, and after a day touring boats, watching the Blue Angels, drinking sangria and smiling at sailors, I find that despite my precautions, my nose and shoulders are sunburnt. Since I've never willingly tanned since Reagan was president, I'm not sure what to do now.

1. Is there anything I can do to hurry the healing process? How long will my nose look like Rudolph?

2. I wore a gauzy long-sleeved shirt over a camisole, and it seems the sun penetrated that! Is there anything I can do to make my clothes more of a sun barrier?

Thanks!

I burn fairly easily despite my naturally dark skin. To speed the healing I use pure aloe Vera (fresh from a plant in my back yard) it works miracles as far as soothing the sting and reducing the amount of peeling. Soaking in a bath with Epsom salts also helps with the discomfort and if you can get your hands on pure Shea or cocoa butter your skin will love you for it.
As far as your clothes go, a good rule of thumb is that if you can see through it then you can get sunburned through it too. A solid cotton fabric will give you more protection than a gauzy one. Hth!

coconut oil! and i would suggest either using a sunscreen all over daily, or a lotion with sunscreen it it. Most clothing doesnt give all the uv protection we think it would.