Hey "Old Timers" I have a Betty question!

beanie

Jan 11, 2007
I just purchased a lovely large navy blue python Betty and was wondering if any of you out there, decided to just take off the decorative "python ties" on the Betty's outside four rings. The python is stiff and really doesn't stay on the rings very well. I am afraid they will just fall off so perhaps its better not to try to "tie" them on?

On my other python Bettys that have rings (I have the caffe and black), the python is very soft, thin and pliable, but those Bettys have the heavy lock and were made earlier. Did the snakeskin get heavier and thicker in subsequent years? This navy python is rather stiff, (I already conditioned it with a conditioner from lovingmybags.com) but it's still stiffer than the older python bags. It's a gorgeous bag, but I wondered if anyone had run into this problem and just decided to forgo the ties on the rings. It looks lovely without the ties anyway!;)

sorry I've never owned the python version - and never had an issue with the leather ties coming off of the leather version of the betty - however if you are afraid of losing them I don't think it would be too difficult to get a shoe repair person to put a stitch through the knots to keep them permanently affixed... just a thought.

sorry I've never owned the python version - and never had an issue with the leather ties coming off of the leather version of the betty - however if you are afraid of losing them I don't think it would be too difficult to get a shoe repair person to put a stitch through the knots to keep them permanently affixed... just a thought.

That is a very good idea! I hadn't thought of that. I think the Betty looks great with or without the "ties" but that is a terrific idea. Thank you!;)