Hey, my hangtag is missing!

Jul 25, 2007
I am using my new black leather belted ergo flap that I got on the Nordstrom clearance table yesterday. I went to put my red butterfly charm on the hangtag, and there was no hangtag!! No big deal - I took the one off of my black ergo tote, but still, I probably would have asked for a little $$ off the clearance price. Oh well. I want to go pick up a new ponytail scarf for my newly ordered Soho satchel, so maybe the store will have an extra.

If you call JAX and provide them with both the color and style number, they should be able to send out a replacement free of charge. I know that some people have had trouble getting a perfect match, but I called once and they got it right. Good luck!

If you're going to request a replacement hangtag from Coach I HIGHLY recommend emailing them instead of calling. I tried to get a replacement hangtag for one of my Legacy bags and called three times and each time they said they would send it but never did. I've heard of people calling and having the wrong tag sent to them. So after hearing on here about someone who emailed Coach through the website to request a replacement tag, I decided to try it to see if it might get better results. I was really pleased with the outcome! They responded to my email right away and I just had to email them back with the information (style number of bag, color, and hardware color) and my address. They said it would arrive in 1-2 weeks, and just yesterday I received my replacement in the mail and it was the right hangtag! :yahoo: So if you don't get any results by calling, definitely email them! I used the form on this page to email them : http://www.coach.com/cservice/Contact.aspx
and then they send you a response to your email address. I think sometimes information can get mixed up over the phone, so if you want to make sure you get the right hangtag, I would do it through email.

Jacksonville is sending out bad hangtags. I couldn't get one for my Bleecker Hobo and they sent me out a plain wine one. Just an FYI that they may not send you what you want.

If you're going to request a replacement hangtag from Coach I HIGHLY recommend emailing them instead of calling. I tried to get a replacement hangtag for one of my Legacy bags and called three times and each time they said they would send it but never did. I've heard of people calling and having the wrong tag sent to them. So after hearing on here about someone who emailed Coach through the website to request a replacement tag, I decided to try it to see if it might get better results. I was really pleased with the outcome! They responded to my email right away and I just had to email them back with the information (style number of bag, color, and hardware color) and my address. They said it would arrive in 1-2 weeks, and just yesterday I received my replacement in the mail and it was the right hangtag! :yahoo: So if you don't get any results by calling, definitely email them! I used the form on this page to email them : http://www.coach.com/cservice/Contact.aspx
and then they send you a response to your email address. I think sometimes information can get mixed up over the phone, so if you want to make sure you get the right hangtag, I would do it through email.

this is good to know! thanks!

Thanks for the info! I just purchased an '06 Legacy Shoulder Bag in Canvas/Citron at tjMaxx and the leather hangtag is missing. I emailed Coach and hopefully they will respond positively.

I am using my new black leather belted ergo flap that I got on the Nordstrom clearance table yesterday. I went to put my red butterfly charm on the hangtag, and there was no hangtag!! No big deal - I took the one off of my black ergo tote, but still, I probably would have asked for a little $$ off the clearance price. Oh well. I want to go pick up a new ponytail scarf for my newly ordered Soho satchel, so maybe the store will have an extra.

The same thing happened to me with my new tattersall demi! I got it at Nordstrom, and discovered later that the hangtag was gone. I went back the next day and exchanged it, but I'm thinking it's probably a theft issue since their department is open, unlike Macy's or Dillard's, where it's all in the glass cases. Good luck getting a replacement!