Hey medium lily owners!

Like a lot of mulberry tpf'ers I am really really loving the medium lily and have been enjoying the reveals
I am toying between the medium lily and the Marc Jacobs large baroque as I want a bag that can be day or night, cross body or shoulder. I really like the fact you can switch between the two with these two bags
My question about the lily is whether or not it is comfortable to wear crossbody for a period of time. I don't carry loads of stuff but would want to carry a purse, phone, sunnies, keys and lipgloss
The chain strap does look thin so I need to know if you find it uncomfortable and if it digs in your shoulder
Thanks for any input!

I have the regular Lily and I find the strap very comfortable. I have Chanel bags as well that also feature a chain strap and I actually find the Mulberry more comfrotable because it's entirely chain and not mixed with leather. It sits very nicely on the shoulder but can also be worn cross body comfortably. I'm sure if you loaded the bag up it might be uncomfortable cross body for an extended period of time but it sounds like you generally travel light.

I have both the regular Lily and medium Lily and the straps are comfortable - no digging on the shoulder.

Both of them have leather intertwined with the chains, so am not sure why Traclyn's is not mixed with leather.

Now as you can see in the pic, wearing the medium Lily cross body is just right for my short stature (5') so depending on how tall you are it would fall differently on you.

Attachments

• DSC02373.JPG
    DSC02373.JPG
    393 KB · Views: 6,508
  • DSC02376.JPG
    DSC02376.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 3,552
  • Mulberry_Lilies.jpg
    Mulberry_Lilies.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 4,071
Thanks so much for the replies!
Traclyn lucky you with the Chanel. That would be my ultimate however it is a very long way away. The Marc Jacobs bag is arguably a bit of a copy of the Chanel but a lot more affordable!
Plain Jane too thanks so much for the mod shots. I am 5ft 5 and am a bit worried the strap might be a bit short cross body. I am a cross body girls as all of my bags apart from my bayswater are cross body. Need my hands free with 2 young kids!
I tried a normal lily on in a shop in Melbourne and I felt it was a little short. Are the normal sized lily and medium lily the same strap length? I assume so

Yes, the regular and medium Lily both have pretty much the same strap length... Eye balling the straps it looks like the medium is 1/2 inch shorter but it could just be visual illusion... The m.com site says the regular Lily has a 11.5" handle drop so for cross body that would be no more than 23" is that enough for you? Plus take away the horizontal length above the flap, realistically 19" ... Might be too short for you to wear cross body?

Plain_Jane_Too said:
I have both the regular Lily and medium Lily and the straps are comfortable - no digging on the shoulder.

Both of them have leather intertwined with the chains, so am not sure why Traclyn's is not mixed with leather.

Now as you can see in the pic, wearing the medium Lily cross body is just right for my short stature (5') so depending on how tall you are it would fall differently on you.

Plain Jane I see you are hiding lots of mulberry lovelies! Have you shared a collection pic?
:smile:

Lovely Lily bags, Plain Jane! :smile:

I think based on Plain Jane's and the modelling pictures from M.com it looks like the Lily's strap isn't very long enough to be worn crossbody comfortably, unless you have a shorter torso?

That's great to hear the straps are comfortable, oh... I really want a medium Lily!!

I have a medium Lily, love it... am 5ft8 (175 cm)
To wear the Lily as a crossbody bag, the strap is indeed too short. I love crossbody bags too, but am not too bothered about the Lily strap being too short for this, as it is not the type of bag to be worn crossbody (unlike Alexa, SBS etc)
The strap sits very comfortable on the shoulder

CP: No collection pic... 8-) just pics here and there... one of these days ...

Loveheart: I agree, medium Lily is not a cross body bag unlike an Alexa or SBS...I think because medium Lily is not as casual as Alexa/SBS....