HEWI - have they gone nuts?

Gabs007

Sofa King Banned
Feb 5, 2018
I sold a few items with them, sometimes I had to chase up payment, but it usually worked out, tracked sending and all. However now somebody didn't mark the item as received, doesn't reply, tracking shows it was delivered a week ago, payment is overdue for 2 weeks, their webhelp (must be a bot as you tend to get a ton of answers that seem to be pre-formulated and then a human eventually comes, if you are lucky) said payment will be processed within 24 hours, since nothing happened, I took a screen shot of the online tracking that showed it was handed over and signed for. They now came back with that they can't pay out until the buyer confirms... What if the buyer never confirms?

They seem to have opened a new site, called HEWI Street, which is a total nightmare and all they want is sell you a subscription.

I am just wondering if it is actually legal to go "Nope, despite what we say on the website, we simply don't pay out if the buyer doesn't confirm receipt" - sent express, buyer had it in 3 days and now just plays dead. Could be on extended holidays or whatever, but I am not very much in the mood of giving HEWI an interest free loan that is 4 figures...

Despite seeing lots of negative or lacking reviews on here I decided to try buying from HEWI as my friend has sold through there without issue.

I think as mentioned by @Gabs007 thr shipping they use makes a big difference - although internationally tracked it came through the national service (rather than a private company like FedEx or DPD) and while it shows signed for at my house number no one in my building / neighbors have received it. It seems this is common in the Netherlands where a lot of people order online and postnl is particularly bad.

So both postNL and HEWI have both been made aware of the situation and gotten in touch but my card was charged as soon as I completed the order but had not yet been released to the seller.

I'd be over the moon just to have the item but I'm not sure if I can do a charge back (now it's been a month) so sadly may just be out £300 and a lovely skirt...