Herve Leger ok for Wedding?

Do you think this Herve Dress would be good to wear to a wedding?

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

emilu

O.G.
Oct 8, 2007
I'm considering wearing an herve leger dress to a friends wedding. Two grooms, so no issue of wearing white/creams. Dress code is summer cocktail. Ceremony will be in afternoon outdoors with reception/dinner to follow.

Thanks for your input.

My own pictures are a bit crappy since i don't have a full length mirror. As you can tell I'm neither as busty, tall or thin as the model but is the same dress

Attachments

• herve2002320633_p1_1-0_150x296.jpg
    herve2002320633_p1_1-0_150x296.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 931
  • IMG_4262.jpg
    IMG_4262.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 934
I will wear HL to a wedding, but under very specific circumstances. The wedding itself has to be somewhere other than a church and afternoon/evening. The HL dress has to be pretty conservative.
The one time I wore an HL to a wedding, it was a good friend (2nd marriage) and they got married in the late afternoon, outside, at our Country Club. Reception followed after the ceremony. The whole event was more of a fashionable celebration and less of a traditional wedding. Even the bride changed into a form-fitting, sequin mini dress for the reception. I wore a just-above-the-knee red HL that was cap-sleeve and conservative up top (a squared neckline that covered most of my cleavage).
I actually have the dress in your images (two of them) and personally I probably wouldn't wear that particular style to a wedding, but that's because on me, the dress reveals quite a bit of cleavage. Having said all that, the dress fits you well. It's not too short and doesn't reveal any cleavage. I think that it could work, especially considering it's two grooms and the dress code is "summer cocktail" - that dress is the epitome of summer cocktail, IMO. If you are having doubts, are there other guests that you could ask about what they plan to wear? That's always helpful in helping me decide my wardrobe choices.

You certainly have the bod to wear HL, but I'm not sure I would wear HL to a summer garden party, no less a wedding. Wearing HL to a wedding of any kind is a fashion DON'T (IMO) as much as I adore HL.

Thanks for the all the input, I've packed two dresses so I can make a game time decision--so happy to hear more thoughts!

I agree I would not want to be overly sexy/steal the show. In case it changes anything i should have clarified, while "outdoors", the ceremony will be in a medium size inner courtyard at a university and the reception to follow at a country club. Most of the guests will be from NYC/DC/Miami.

I do typically go for sweet/country styles--as in my alternative is a dress, which is like in the link except purple. I've owned it for many years, love it and at least one of the grooms have probably seen me in it. I believe it will probably be less high class city than typical guests, but I have dressed it up and down in the past (casual day picnic to a fancy rehearsal dinner). http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRACY-REESE...sses&hash=item4162a44478&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1126

I will wear HL to a wedding, but under very specific circumstances. The wedding itself has to be somewhere other than a church and afternoon/evening. The HL dress has to be pretty conservative.
The one time I wore an HL to a wedding, it was a good friend (2nd marriage) and they got married in the late afternoon, outside, at our Country Club. Reception followed after the ceremony. The whole event was more of a fashionable celebration and less of a traditional wedding. Even the bride changed into a form-fitting, sequin mini dress for the reception. I wore a just-above-the-knee red HL that was cap-sleeve and conservative up top (a squared neckline that covered most of my cleavage).
I actually have the dress in your images (two of them) and personally I probably wouldn't wear that particular style to a wedding, but that's because on me, the dress reveals quite a bit of cleavage. Having said all that, the dress fits you well. It's not too short and doesn't reveal any cleavage. I think that it could work, especially considering it's two grooms and the dress code is "summer cocktail" - that dress is the epitome of summer cocktail, IMO. If you are having doubts, are there other guests that you could ask about what they plan to wear? That's always helpful in helping me decide my wardrobe choices.

thanks your thought process was very insightful and helpful. still not sure, but I think you ran through a lot of my concerns.

You certainly have the bod to wear HL, but I'm not sure I would wear HL to a summer garden party, no less a wedding. Wearing HL to a wedding of any kind is a fashion DON'T (IMO) as much as I adore HL.

Guess I'm guilty as charged then of being a "fashion don't." *Gasps* I wonder if I'll end up in the back of a Glamour magazine with a black bar over my eyes as one of their infamous "fashion don'ts":P
All kidding aside, last week I saw a young woman wearing a tight, black, micro-mini (as in the bottom hem literally fell just below the bottom of her butt cheeks), cleavage hanging out, and 5" black, stiletto heels at my Country Club for a rehearsal dinner. She was dressed incredibly inappropriate for such an event and it made me wonder what she wore to the wedding the next day:wtf: There are things that are blatantly inappropriate and then there are over-generalizations of what might be acceptable and what might not be. I don't necessarily believe that HLs and weddings are fashion don'ts, but we can certainly agree to disagree:smile:

IMO I think you look wonderful in the dress and you should totally rock it! (the 2nd dress is cute too, but it seems really casual to me?) The two grooms will likely appreciate how fashionable you look and if you are worried about being over dressed-stop. its always better to be over than under dressed. Have a great time!:P

Guess I'm guilty as charged then of being a "fashion don't." *Gasps* I wonder if I'll end up in the back of a Glamour magazine with a black bar over my eyes as one of their infamous "fashion don'ts":P
All kidding aside, last week I saw a young woman wearing a tight, black, micro-mini (as in the bottom hem literally fell just below the bottom of her butt cheeks), cleavage hanging out, and 5" black, stiletto heels at my Country Club for a rehearsal dinner. She was dressed incredibly inappropriate for such an event and it made me wonder what she wore to the wedding the next day:wtf: There are things that are blatantly inappropriate and then there are over-generalizations of what might be acceptable and what might not be. I don't necessarily believe that HLs and weddings are fashion don'ts, but we can certainly agree to disagree:smile:

Funny you said that last week at my cousins wedding there was a girl 5\6 inch heels knock off HL dress barely covering her but and it was in a orthodox chruch ( very conservative . Some peole just donot know any better

I'm considering wearing an herve leger dress to a friends wedding. Two grooms, so no issue of wearing white/creams. Dress code is summer cocktail. Ceremony will be in afternoon outdoors with reception/dinner to follow.

Thanks for your input.

My own pictures are a bit crappy since i don't have a full length mirror. As you can tell I'm neither as busty, tall or thin as the model but is the same dress

You look stunning . If you have a doubt ask one of the grooms.
But I thnk it looks fine