Hermès with edgy/avant-garde outfits

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I did a search for this topic and nada, so if I missed a thread, mods please merge :heart:

Like so many of us I have pared my bags down to almost exclusively H. I'm finding one issue - I wear a lot of Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Boris Bidjan Saberi, etc., and the more I trend toward this kind of dressing the harder I find it to integrate Hermès bags. I have some scarves that work, and a Kelly works just fine with, say a Rick leather jacket and jeans. But once I am in fully deconstructed black head to toe :P I find a hole in my bag collection. It's as though the timelessness of the designs can't quite relax enough. I know that a Gao or an Initiale or something might work, but I'd like to integrate the classic H shapes.

I know I'm not the only one here so let's see some mod shots of how you wear your H, especially Kellys, Bs, etc., with more "experimental" fashion! TIA :greengrin:

Hermezzy and kathydep like this.
  2. I love this idea for a thread! My typical outfit is a RO leather jacket, combat boots and a Constance. I think it has more to do with what colors you were than the style of h bags themselves. I will try to add some mod shots here in the next few days.

prepster likes this.
  3. Since I'm regularly in Issey Miyake/Commes des Garcons and Hermès—as well as other combos—I can look around at my pictures to share. I find wearing H and these just a simple matter of putting them on together.

4. Here's a super recent pic—H Maxi Twilly with Issey Miyake mainline jacket, Dries van Noten pants and Trippen (Berlin av-garde) shoes... For a bag, either a little orange Trim or black saddlebag (I don't know the Hermes name) will be easy.

Attached Files:

WingNut, prepster and papertiger like this.
  5. Margiela bags work better: Lindy in the hand, Initial etc. Other bags like the Faco, Lady Clutch, DS, Hazlan, Bolide, Plume, PB, even an all-leather GP etc also work, Maybe it's the trad hardware of the B and the K that can jar.

I haven't been into AG designers/vibe for a while (apart from footwear) my modern is mostly Mod or clean contemporary but you make me want to diggin' though my wardrobe

prepster likes this.
  6. Thank you mistikat!! I didn't even remember the Yohji collab. This is definitely creative inspiration.

That would be fantastic. I'm dying to see how you combine a look!

I hoped you might chime in as you have been going to the avant side lately! More photos....:biggrin:

I would love to see some looks from you and from everyone in this forum who leans in this direction sartorially. While I know there are wardrobe threads and a specific RO thread, the H subforum has so many stylish people who are great at making the classic look fresh....it's this crowd I'd love to see in your avant mode!
    I have been wondering for a while what to wear with my "slouchy blacks" and then DH picked me up a new RO jacket (green!) and a long Yohji skirt yesterday, and I just thought....can I wear a Kelly with this? I wanted to buy this edgy little backpack and DH said "But you only wear Hermes bags"....

So bring on the looks :graucho:

prepster likes this.
  7. Wow!! Stunning!

8. Evies work well with the perforated H facing in. I knot the canvas and carry them as a shoulder bag sometimes. Works great with big Issey Miyaki coats and are a great travel combo.

9. I find that my Jypsiere works well when I'm a little more edgy. I also mix in a Celine edge bag and a belt bag too (haven't had the heart to let go of these).

10. #11 Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    I am loving this new thread cus I love edgy / Avant clothing, currently own few pieces of Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamot jacket/shawl, Comme des Garcons cardigan and two piece long dress all in black (plus few other contemporary brands)...and I love asymmetrical dresses.

I am mostly wearing black from head to toe. :lol: I find my Black B30 and RC Kelly are easy going with my all black clothing.

QuelleFromage & louboutal ~ Cant wait to see yours!!

arabesques ~ Love love your Issey Miyake jacket with Maxi twilly!

Both jacket/coat by Rick Owens... I posted these on my recent RC K32 reveal:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asymmetrical dress by Cop. Copine with Black B30 & chrome hearts jewelry:
    [​IMG]

11. Arabesques and Tonkamama, you both look fabulous!

QF, for what it's worth, I think a Kelly (especially a black one) can go with almost any edgy outfit. Some photos I've collected from around tPF over the years to give some examples:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457495209.575485.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457495227.990269.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457495255.439851.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457495275.956629.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457495295.492938.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457495340.296826.jpg

12. Tonkamama, what great looks! I would never have dreamed a red K could look so fantastic (and that coat is amazing). I was a bit nervous to post this thread, and now I know that we will have some incredible style inspiration from it :smile:

Cats!! I was hoping you would jump in here. I owe you a call/mail. :hugs:
    What a great selection of images here - pretty much reinforcing the Kelly as a perfect bag! So excited to see more, and to see the ways our H forum members put together the edgier ensembles!

13. What about the looks of one of the socialites in the Asians and H thread. I forgot her name, but she always pairs her looks with dainty H's and I think it looks really nice. She is the one with the short hair cut into a bob. I know she wears a LOT of avant-garde designer clothes.

Personally I think if the bag is smaller and it is in black with PHW hardware it could generally work or the So Blacks (they look so stealth like and bada$$ or RHW or any hardware that is like a dark silver or matte). However I think the general aesthetic of Hermes bags (namely the Birkin or the Kelly) juxtaposes against the avant-garde nature of the clothes that you might wear. The intentional clash of design language in the bag/clothes could create an edgy look too.

I am not sure if Chanel made a So Black of the Boy bags, but I think that would look killer with an outfit comprised of RO, Yohji, etc.

14. Her name is Au Skulthai.

I don't think Chanel has released any So Black Boy (yet) ~ I will be wait in line for one LOL :biggrin:. I often wear RO jackets with my Chanel boys...

Attached Files:

papertiger likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice