Hermes Winter Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I knew it'd be worse due to only two days, but I wouldn't have imagined it's bad like this.

I just told my lady friends that we made the right decision not going this year. One friend and I were there in January 2017. It was a very good experience. We got there at 6:30 am and were able to get in just after 9.

Kudos to the ladies and gentlemen who are there, take a good rest and enjoy the goodies.

It's been awhile since I posted here but I wanted to share my experience with you. I arrived at the sale at 6.30pm and was able to enter à 8.15pm. 15 minutes before official closing time. The place was really crowded. I went straight to the shoes section because I only wanted black low heeled boots. I found what I was looking for but 3 ladies asked me if I was taking the pair I had in hand and I nearly had to fight to take them with me! Insane! I took the Newbury boots in black leather. Retail price 830 euros / sale price 415 euros.

I did not try to go queueing anywhere, I was too tired. I will be going again tomorrow morning with my mum. Hope we will not wait as much as some did today!

For the past 5 or 6 years i attended all of these sale as I live in Paris and it is getting worse and worse as the years go. I am not sure I will continue going because it is exhausting and frustrating seeing all those retailers and rude people. But you can get really great stuff at a great price (well for Hermès' stuffs!)

Thanks for reading!

I think these are the coolest looking shoes Hermes ever made! I showed the pic to sis, who said she also wanted a pair but they didn’t have her size. As always, it was slim pickings for larger end of the sizes.

I personally didn’t think the organization was too bad. It just had much higher number of customers than before. We arrived about the same time as July sale, and the people on queue before was more than double of that time. We were afraid they would really start kicking us out when it gets too late but it looked like they let in all those who waited.

I went straight down to “Soie,” as CSGMs were the only items I was interested. There were about 30 before me and lot more standing at “carre” queue. When it finally came my turn to go to the stand, I ran toward GM that immediately caught my eyes while I watched previous shoppers trying on. It was very obvious they had only limited number and I really had my heart set on it. But I literally missed it by a half second, as another tall lady briskly walked past me and snatched it up faster than moi. And just as I was afraid, it was the very last one.

I wasn’t too crazy about the leftover designs but still tried my best looking through everything and left with five CSGMs, a 70 vintage, and a moussie GM. In case anyone was wondering, under the waves moussie I got, in mostly fuchsia was the only kind and color moussie left, at least last night.

Sis says she got excited when she saw some horn jewerlies I thought of getting last time we were in Paris. Seeing the jewelry line was long but not as horrible as expected, she decided to queue, only to be told where she was standing was not the end. They broke the line in an odd way and what she initially saw was not even half the true length. So she gave up, lol. As I passed it to get on the final line to pay, I noticed things like Rose jaipur CDCs on display. Nice! I thought. But I already have those and I really wanted leave at that point, so I also gave up fast.

SAs and cashiers were all nice. I didn’t have much interaction with security staff other than one guy who started to take away chairs from those who were dragging one while on queue. We were not even up halfway, so I really did not want to give up the comfort of the chair and planned to beg him to keep one as I am not a physically well person. But all things were taken care of by the French lady behind me, who snapped back at him in the cool way how older ladies/mother figures do to the much younger dudes. He was afraid to say anything anymore after that and those around her, 3 more ladies of same age group and me and sis were able to keep our chair till few mins before heading to coat check. I loved my French mommy!

9E5AA113-17CE-48A8-8FB8-D799F52DEE8E.jpeg
5179EB42-0818-48AC-BD83-93ADDB41FB5E.jpeg

I don’t know if I am the only one and apologize first if my comments upset you. I look at the hourly pay rate. If the saving divided by a factor of 2-3 doesn’t cut it, I would stay away from the sale. Sounds like horror movie to me and really ruins my love for Hermes. It would be fun to go for once just with 1-2hr lining up max. Anything longer than that would give me second thought. Kudos to those of you who succeeded!!!

I don’t know if I am the only one and apologize first if my comments upset you. I look at the hourly pay rate. If the saving divided by a factor of 2-3 doesn’t cut it, I would stay away from the sale. Sounds like horror movie to me and really ruins my love for Hermes. It would be fun to go for once just with 1-2hr lining up max. Anything longer than that would give me second thought. Kudos to those of you who succeeded!!!
As I'm a new customer, I have missed a lot of interesting designs. Attending the sale is a great opportunity to buy from the previous collections. My first aim is not to pay less but to buy items not available elsewhere. This was my first sale experience, I have found beautiful scarves but I'm not sure to do it again.

This may be a very ignorant question so apologies in advance, but how could ppl tell which ones are resellers vs not? I'm asking because, if we can do that, then H can too, and maybe figure out a way to deal with them in the future because it really is ruining the experience for the rest of (actual) customers. I know H has always tried to avoid resellers, which is a grand idea, but could be hard to implement in practice esp when it's as chaotic as this one seems to be.

They’re usually totally obvious. First of all you can tell by how they dress. If they are dressed like someone who wears Hermès they aren’t a reseller. Even more obvious is the merchandise that they buy. If they buy multiple copies of the same thing up to the limit but without taking much time to make their decision then they’re a reseller. Most resellers are from China but not all, for example there were some Russian ones this time.

What did you find Queeenie ? I loved to go to the sales, in order to find some "old" treasures, and shoes, but I waited for the third day, and the queuing was under one hour. Two days, with all the resellers, is too hard.
I have picked a Tapis persan zoom gavroche, a Cavaliers du Caucase CSGM and a 90cm Collections impériales.
IMG_9949.JPG IMG_9920.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.