hermes waiting list

OKAY, warning before you read my next question. A very silly question. You don't have to answer if you want to. :biggrin:

do you reckon if I ask about prices (for example I want collier de chien bangle)?
will they think that I can't afford it because I asked the price?

OKAY, warning before you read my next question. A very silly question. You don't have to answer if you want to. :biggrin:

do you reckon if I ask about prices (for example I want collier de chien bangle)?
will they think that I can't afford it because I asked the price?

I hope not! I'm so annoying I ask about the price for everything. But really there's nothing to be worried about. Be completely natural and yourself. It's shopping, it's supposed to be fun. You are the customer and they are supposed to be helping you! However, I do try to look somewhat presentable when I shop. I don't know why, but I just do.

thanks merrydish for the info!

so...SA usually just walk around the H store? and serve people? or do they have like, a special uniform to be easily identified?

While I've never seen a special uniform I have seen most wearing an Hermes scarf. The best way to find one is behind the counter or at the wrapping desk. Don't worry, one will find you. Go in and have a great time, Jigunawan!

What if, I have a credit card limit, for example, lets just say,,AU$2,000?
and Im in the US/Canada/Paris, getting/buying me first H birkin that costs like, AU$9,000 HOW do I pay for my bag? while my credit limit is only 1/4 of the bag's price?
Anyone experienced in thsi kind of case?

^^ Do you have a debit card? It takes the money straight from your bank account so as long as it's in there it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck getting your Birkin! It really bothers me that as much as you may love the brand, it's ultimately up to someone else to decide whether or not you are allowed the privilege of purchasing one.

I knooow!! I couldn't agree more kiwi!!
I mean, if someone can afford it, why can you just serve them and put them on the list? dont they want money? its a lot of money!
but doesnt debit card has a limit too? or is it just occur only when you take out cash?

you can just contact your bank and tell them that you need the credit limit to change for that week.
so if you want to spend 10k for example, just put the whole amount onto the card so your credit card will be in credit ( not debit) and then contact the bank and tell them of the one off purchase and in what country and it'll be fine.

jjgunawan, it's great that you're so enthusiastic about Hermes! You might find that you need to have some patience to get the bag you want, though. It is a big investment and worth doing the research and waiting for the right one to come along. It would probably help if you can develop a relationship with the store where you live (or near where you live), as opposed to setting your sights abroad - though if a bag comes to you that way, so much the better, I guess. Good luck!