Hermes vs. the Really Well Fed

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!

1. It's beans on toast. :P

2. :roflmfao:

I would do that for H!

3. I want both. I can't miss delicious sushi and Hermes scarf. But I will eat less to have more scarves.

4. I love regular ole food, it doesn't have to be in a restaurant.

5. well.... If I spent as much money on food as I did on h (not that much compared to many of you here, but still a lot in my humble living), I will be an extremely fat woman and will spend more money on personal trainers, diet pills and lipo.

So um, H please.

;)

6. Definitely food. (I may be a little biased. I pay my rent by writing about food.) As much as I love H, at the end of the day it's just more things. Food is an experience. As far as I'm concerned, life is more about having experiences than having things.

FWD

7. I'm for the experiences! I mean my last trip to Italy with the most amazing Italian food I've had in my life at a restaurant so fabulous we immediately decided to go again two nights later, staying in a hotel by the Spanish Steps, seeing museums, eatting gellato, etc, cost less than a Birkin. It even cost less than a Birkin when you throw on the cost of the CDC bracelet I bought while in Italy. When I think back on an amazing meal I think the memory is more evocative and forceful than when I think of something I own and have become used too. For me the pleasure in things remains, but fades, while the pleasure in experiences seems to linger differently.

Then again I do also like to have a little H, so for me I try to balance things.

8. Where do I sign up for the H diet? I try to be reasonable with both and it depends on certain situations. Certainly when I'm travelling, I go for the experience of trying out various dishes and going out to different or nice restaurants. However, I put a limit on the number of fine dining restaurants that I go to. When I'm home though, fine dining restaurants are usually reserved for special occasions although I don't mind going to nice casual restaurants or street vendors once in a while. Does a new H purchase qualify as special occasion?... Hmmm.

9. don't care about food prefer H

10. ~Got to have my cake and eat it too.

11. H for me.

I like to cook, and I'm obsessive about my diet, so I would definitely prefer to spend my money on extra weight to carry that I'm actually happy about! :biggrin:

12. I love food. It doesn't have to be fancy, but I do have wonderful memories of multi-course meals in France ending with the cheese cart and me salivating like Pavlov's dog at the sound of the cart rattling towards our table. But, simple food made with great ingredients is also a joy.

13. Oh this is one of the things that makes me laugh because we do NOT spend money on food or anything "consumable". We only spend money on tangible "investments". Coupons, 2 for 1 deals, happy hour menu, you name it. My penny pinching SO loves a deal. But he'll splurge on "investments", as in anything sparkly (!) or H. (Not trying to start any debate on what an "investment" is, but I think you get my drift on the whole concept. Logic doesn't always apply to this rule with SO. But if he perceives it to be a good value, then that's what he goes by. And for me, these impending price increases are literally a god-send! Go figure!)

14. Hey, if its works, it works....

BTW I've had great meals at our local diner, some that have surpassed fine NYC dining establishments.

15. I like this way of thinking