Hermes vs. the Really Well Fed

I personally don't like eating meals outside that much. I think this is because I really like the food I make. Not because it's tasty, (quite frankly I would never serve my food to others!) but because it's simple and I don't use much seasoning. I really like plain food.
Of course, I will enjoy food that I can't make like sushi and macaroons but these are more 'once in a while' treats.
This thread reminds me of this Harvey Nichols ad:
nichols.jpg

I'm lovin' all these thoughts...keep them coming. Most of my good, memorable meals have more to do with the company rather than the locale...so family dinners at my mom's or a get together with good friends leave behind more of a lasting memory than the actual food.

I've had meals with friends at really nice spots where the occassional bad service, mismatched tables, or so so food have taken away from the event...making me think we could have had more fun and better conversation at a self service cafeteria.

I don't think I consciously skimp on dining to save up for H....but I do consciously assign more monetary value to Hermes than I do to a meal...possibly due to the fact that I have been overfed, over treated by vendors, and overindulged while Hermes is a calorie free pleasure (but then again those are my own food hang ups).

I'd chose the food.
A scarf or bag can be purchased easily, all you need is the money. Those memories of the dinner and occasion are one-offs. :yes:

I will splurge on fine dining when travelling. Regular days I'll prefer something from H except for important occasions.

Luckily my cooking is not too bad and DH actually loves me cooking.

I cook often, I enjoy cooking, and if I do say so myself I'm a darn good cook. My choice would be to cook myself the meal, and use the savings of home cooking vs. restaurant prices to buy some H!

I love food and I love H. For me, food is not a fleeting pleasure. I have some wonderful lasting memories of great meals!

Anyway, I think you CAN have both H and deluxe dining. I don't need to go to Per Se every night, just like I don't need a new H bag every 6 months.