HERMES VS LOUIS VUITTON : Purchases in HongKong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVCH

Dec 9, 2011
Hello TPFers! I have a dilemma on purchases. Should it be Hermes or Louis Vuitton?

So, here's the story:

I'm planning on going to HK. I was browsing the LV website and found a great bag and wallet. The totally MM and ZCP in azur. I planned on buying them and calculated what I would save every paytime. Then I planned on getting a NF MM ebene on the middle of the year then a Idylle Agenda in December. Summed up to $3420 ish. That was a perfect budget.

Then I was settled. But, I started to browse the Hermes website and found a Garden Party shoulder and a Small Version of the Silk In wallet. My eyes widened. The two were so fabulous and gorgeous that my heart pumped so fast. I changed my purchasing plans. When I summed up the two Hermes products they took away $3000 from my lv plan budget. Only leaving enough for the Agenda.

So I want some opinion from others on which plan I should go with.
( Probably more would go with the LV plan because this is a LV forum )

THANKS TPFERS!!

-Lc4X4:speedy::speedy::speedy:

LVCH

Dec 9, 2011
Hello TPFers! I have a dilemma on purchases. Should it be Hermes or Louis Vuitton?

So, here's the story:

I'm planning on going to HK. I was browsing the LV website and found a great bag and wallet. The totally MM and ZCP in azur. I planned on buying them and calculated what I would save every paytime. Then I planned on getting a NF MM ebene on the middle of the year then a Idylle Agenda in December. Summed up to $3420 ish. That was a perfect budget.

Then I was settled. But, I started to browse the Hermes website and found a Garden Party shoulder and a Small Version of the Silk In wallet. My eyes widened. The two were so fabulous and gorgeous that my heart pumped so fast. I changed my purchasing plans. When I summed up the two Hermes products they took away $3000 from my lv plan budget. Only leaving enough for the Agenda.

( Probably more would go with the Hermes plan because this is a Hermes forum )

THANKS TPFERS!!

Oct 15, 2009
Is the Garden Party Shoulder in Canvas? I have a black bolide case in Canvas. It's beautiful, but it won't last you long. (I mean it won't stay looking new and easy to clean like bags in leather)

Are they any other bag you like? I would suggest a bag in leather, if this will be your only Hermes bag for a while.

Jun 10, 2009
fyi, the bag inventory in Hong Kong is quite low - there is a more than 50% chance that you cannot find a garden party on the shelf, canvas or leather... and if there is any, it might not be the color that you like anyways...

Rikachan

Oct 8, 2008
Finland
Do what your heart tells you! If you feel more for the Hermès bag and wallet then go for it! The LVs you mentioned are more or less permanent collection and you should be able to get them later on.

Hermès items are more rare (I suppose) and statement items, whereas LV is more for "everyday use" and therefore can be taken out in many different situations... On the other hand, the Garden party bag is a more relaxed Hermès style and maybe comparable to the Totally in that sense. It´s a hard decision! Which bag/wallet gets more use in your daily life?

Lc4x4

Feb 6, 2011
Do what your heart tells you! If you feel more for the Hermès bag and wallet then go for it! The LVs you mentioned are more or less permanent collection and you should be able to get them later on.

Hermès items are more rare (I suppose) and statement items, whereas LV is more for "everyday use" and therefore can be taken out in many different situations... On the other hand, the Garden party bag is a more relaxed Hermès style and maybe comparable to the Totally in that sense. It´s a hard decision! Which bag/wallet gets more use in your daily life?
Both choices show equal power. I really have a hard time. paytime is near!!

Rikachan

Oct 8, 2008
Finland
Maybe just imagine yourself in various situations of your life and think of carrying either the LV Totally or the H Garden Party... Which bag style you prefere to see with you? Which one is more "you"?

I´ve done this a couple of times when I had to choose from two gorgeous but different items. It has worked really well for me. I sometimes even make plus/minus lists for bags: Where can I carry them, what kind of things can I put inside, can I carry them at work, do I already have something for similar purposes...

gottabagit

Sep 20, 2011
Maybe just imagine yourself in various situations of your life and think of carrying either the LV Totally or the H Garden Party... Which bag style you prefere to see with you? Which one is more "you"?

I´ve done this a couple of times when I had to choose from two gorgeous but different items. It has worked really well for me. I sometimes even make plus/minus lists for bags: Where can I carry them, what kind of things can I put inside, can I carry them at work, do I already have something for similar purposes...
Very good advice!

bjorn

Jun 17, 2010
I would say get the Hermes now. It is not easy to get Hermes items, when you see what you like you have to hurry! Those items online on H website usually dont last more than 3-5 days especially GP. LV products are a bit easier to get compare to H.

GL

Lee

Authenticator
O.G.
Jun 8, 2006

So, here's the story:

( Probably more would go with the LV plan because this is a LV forum )

THANKS TPFERS!!

Both choices show equal power. I really have a hard time. paytime is near!!
Are you the same person? You cannot have two accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.