Hermes Virgin

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Okay - 40 is coming soon and I have decided to buy myself a raisin Birkin to celebrate. I like big bags but what is too big? Also if I order it in Togo leather what should I expect the price to be?

2. In my opinion the 30cm is the best size...the proportion are just prefect...if you need it for work the 30cm might be a bit too small for folders and papers...35cm would be plenty big though...

3. Any ideas on price for the 35? I just read that the Togo is heavy - any other recommendations?

4. i think all leather are about the same (vache naturel/barenia/ardenne (out of production) are heavier)...light would be a combination with toile or denim (harder to get - and more spring/summer feel)...a 35cm is a heavier bag...but the 30 isnt light either...beauty has to suffer a bit :smile: about the price i think the 30 starts at $6'500 plus tax up to $7'500 what i've read here...do you have the chance to order one? or just planing on getting one?

5. Unfortunately, the Chicago store says their waitlist is closed so I am looking to order one. I spend time in both the LA area and NYC so hopefully I will get lucky and have the opportunity to order one or see one in the store.

6. sounds like a great choice! I think there was one on e-bay to look at...

7. shoegal, I think it depends on your height, body proportions, and how you like the size of your bags. Since I am pretty slim and petite, I generally prefer the 30 cm. On the other hand, my mother who is 5"7 a has a middle-sized frame, tends to go with a 35 cm. I hope this helps! :flowers:

8. My first birkin was a 40cm black togo, I adore the bag but have to say... I hardly use it anymore because of how heavy it is. I have a fondness for it because it was my first, but I am much happier with both my 35cm. I am 5'8, thin, and find the 30cm a bit to small for my frame I think the 35 is perfect. I think you may find the 40 oppressive. Good luck!!!

9. I think you'd like either a 30 or 35. Raisin is great! For Togo, a 30cm is $6800 and a 35cm is $7400. :smile:

10. :biggrin: Thanks - the hunt begins!

11. Good luck! I agree w/ all the previous posts. If you're in the 5'4 arena, then go w/ a 30 cm. But if you're in the 5'8 category (or taller), then definitely go w/ the 35 cm. I'll pray to the Hermes gods for you (and me:shame: ) for a successful hunt.

12. Don't forget to check out the stickies, they have tons of picture and some price info!
    Good luck on your hunt :yes:

13. i'm 5'2" and the 35 looks fine on me. it really depends on what you plan to use it for. i need to be able to put manila files and if i need to my laptop, so the 35 is best for work.

14. I'm about 4'11 and I just bought a 35 and it looks fine on me considering my height.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice