Hermes Vintage Watches ........

rhintas

Mar 22, 2010
Hi ... this is where my current Hermes fetish has lead me .......I thought it would nice to share with those who love the glamour days of yester year...... also interest in what you might have..... current watches or any vintage Hermes items.......

Good thinking Papertiger !!!!! this is just a repost from the other day

Well after 2 1/2 long years it is all just about done....... after buying a few current Hermes Watches....I developed a ftish for Old Hermes watches ... there are several really nice ones....... some I purchased some I passed on, have gotten them from all over the world........... but one problem ....did have an Hermes band....... so not really an Hermes watch in my opinion. So I called up Hermes here in Australia......and they said finally no problem we can get you the bands.....the problem was they are fixed lugs...and need to be sewn on ........so at 4 at a time they shipped the watches back to the factory in Switzerland and had them done ......... took forever ...... but it was well worth it........ here are a few photos of the 9 ........ I am still waiting for one band for the only watch with removable lugs ...... will be Alligator with a gold buckle some are in alligator and some in barenia

I will also (camera willing) get indivdual pictures and some of the faces are really nice

Bob

Attachments

• hermes watches 007x.jpg
    hermes watches 007x.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,591
  • hermes watches 015x.jpg
    hermes watches 015x.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,012
An amazing collection rhintas - I would for one would be overjoyed if you showed some close ups and described each (or some) in detail.

Fantastic for reference too :tup:

here are some close ups of the watches.....this is all my best guess on history.......the watches range from the late 1920's to the 1940's... with the small sizes being the earlier ones then the faces changing through the different art and fashion eras up to the Doctors watches which I would guess are mid to late 40's. What at first seemed odd...I aquired most of these watches from South America.........till I realized it was was the people of wealth who fled Europe and headed off to Argentina during the war.....some of the latter ones were found in America .... your comments and any info you could add would be greatly appreciated

Bob

Attachments

• mwatches 002.jpg
    mwatches 002.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 944
  • watches 005.jpg
    watches 005.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 937
  • watches 008.jpg
    watches 008.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 943
  • watches 017.jpg
    watches 017.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,377
  • watches 018.jpg
    watches 018.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 3,696
Wow, I love these. I've always liked vintage, things with a story.

Especially these two:
attachment.php

Wow, I love these. I've always liked vintage, things with a story.

Especially these two:
attachment.php
JustinCredible...me too.....I found the one on the left first. while it was in Switzerland getting rebanded (barenia) I found the gold one. (that will have a black alligator band ...hung up in Singapore in paperwork) I though it was the the same but they are completely different. My watch maker said both were pretty rare in their set up. They are similar to the one that sold at Bernie Madoff auction for $46,000..... (ohh I do have a pic)

Attachments

• burnies.jpg
    burnies.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 949
Wow! Those are stunning watches.

I'm obcessive about watches from the 1900s through 1960s - so this thread is like a little slice of heaven.
Massive developments in the horologist art, the birth of miniaturization - but it is so darn hard to find information.

Thank you for sharing.