Hermes true green and true red

Which of Hermes red and green are the closest to true red and true green? I think rouge coeur? But I am not sure. Cactus looks pretty close to true green. But I haven't seen enough shades in person to be sure so would love your views. Thanks.

Which of Hermes red and green are the closest to true red and true green? I think rouge coeur? But I am not sure. Cactus looks pretty close to true green. But I haven't seen enough shades in person to be sure so would love your views. Thanks.
I think this may be pretty subjective but for how I see real green and real red, I‘d say Vert Vertigo and Rouge Casaque or Rouge Vif (maybe Rouge Piment). There used to be Vert Bengale many moons ago which, to me, also resembled a true green the most. Vert Vertigo has a slight blue tinge but still comes close. Bamboo and Cactus would be too yellow to my eyes.

Red is a primary colour. A true red without shade (black) or tint (white) will always be debatable. Rouge Casaque may have a tinge of blue (giving a 'glow' of pinkness) and Rouge Vif may have a touch of yellow (giving a 'glow' of 'orangeness'). A lot 'true' red lipsticks actually contain some shaded tone (dark grey or dark brown - there is no true black) to counter the brightness. Rouge Hermes was a shaded 'true' red (aded grey) but presently appears more browned.

Green is already a secondary colour so it's basically equal parts blue + yellow. Bambou is slightly more yellow and Vert Virtigo more blue. In the middle but subdued would be both Moyen and Bengale, but Bengale is not bang in the middle having more yellow than blue plus added grey, and Vert Moyen more middle still (in Box 'glows' more blue) but has added grey.

Hmmm, I have a Kelly in Rouge de Coeur and I think it leans slightly towards orange (to me at least). I would say Rouge Casaque is the closest you can get to a true red.

I haven't seen enough greens in real life but, to me, Vert Vertigo is a true green.

Red is a primary colour. A true red without shade (black) or tint (white) will always be debatable. Rouge Casaque may have a tinge of blue (giving a 'glow' of pinkness) and Rouge Vif may have a touch of yellow (giving a 'glow' of 'orangeness'). A lot 'true' red lipsticks actually contain some shaded tone (dark grey or dark brown - there is no true black) to counter the brightness. Rouge Hermes was a shaded 'true' red but presently more browned.

Green is already a secondary colour so it's basically equal parts blue + yellow. Bambou is slightly more yellow and Vert Virtigo more blue. In the middle but subdued would be both Moyen and Bengale, but Bengale is not bang in the middle having more yellow than blue plus added grey, and Vert Moyen more middle still (in Box 'glows' more blue) but has added grey.
This is such an interesting answer! Thank you.

Reactions: papertiger
Hmmm, I have a Kelly in Rouge de Coeur and I think it leans slightly towards orange (to me at least). I would say Rouge Casaque is the closest you can get to a true red.

I haven't seen enough greens in real life but, to me, Vert Vertigo is a true green.
That's interesting. In the photos I thought Rouge de Coeur looked less orangy than Rouge Casaque. Good to know.

To me Rouge Casaque is still a bit orange. Rouge Vif is what I think of as "lipstick red" so it does have blue but IMO is still quite a true red. Rouge de Coeur is also pretty close.

Bengale, Moyen, and Clair are the closest to true greens IMO.

But because these are dyes, not digital, on leathers, with chemical processes, there is really no way even with a primary color to end up with a completely "pure" color.