Hermes to open internet boutiques in Scandinavia in 2012!!!

Polaremil

permanent vacation
O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
Couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the list of countries on the opening page of Hermes.com. Hallelujah, finally! They've finally realized the potential...hopefully they'll get the system to work.

Well, I don't expect there to be any discrepancy in euro prices and I hope shipping costs are "normal", i.e. more or less what it costs when FSH ships something. Prices in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian crowns is a different story.

Well, I don't expect there to be any discrepancy in euro prices and I hope shipping costs are "normal", i.e. more or less what it costs when FSH ships something. Prices in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian crowns is a different story.

Oh believe me there will be "scandinavia extra". In Finland everything is wayy more expensive than elsewhere in Europe where they have euros.

Oh believe me there will be "scandinavia extra". In Finland everything is wayy more expensive than elsewhere in Europe where they have euros.

Yes, but that extra represents the shipping cost, at least theoretically. So when we talk about an internet shop, the price for the product should be the same and the shipping cost makes up the difference in price between, say Finland and France. Let's see if it turns out this way.

I think that we will have to pay using our respective countries currencies, ie. still ALOT more than if we bought from other "euro" H sites (which we cannot do). Why would they charge us in euros? No, I don´t think so.

Regardless of that, it´s a nice initiative. Dangerous.

^yes, I was only talking about countries where the euro is used. I don't buy the "everything's more expensive in Finland" generalization that I hear so often. In most cases there is a logical explanation for the difference. And yes, I agree, a very dangerous initiative. I'm not gonna inform DH about it:supacool:

The Swedish web shop is now open. I noticed that the pochettes cost a lot less than at the Stockholm store: they are 1300 at the store and 1000 at the web shop...! Such a discrepancy seems odd.