Hermes Skincare & Makeup

I'm eager to see their packaging that will be plastic free as I'm becoming even more eco-conscious. Also, call me skeptical, but H has the tendency to discontinue products/items so it'll remain to be seen how long this venture into the brutal business of beauty will last. :P

Reading my mind on both points. They say it'll be plastic-free. I hope this means beautiful, refillable glass jars with sterling silver lids and leather cases...

There are already so many options at the high-end, it'll be interesting to see where H run with this, and also who they'll partner with for the making

As for Analyst Luca Solca's statement "Hermès in particular is seeing that its other affordable products, i.e. silk, are under pressure because consumers are wearing fewer ties and silk scarves. And so, why not?" is sheer guesswork. H silks are up (mostly down to my inability to choose between cws recently :P )

Well, they've done fragrances forever. They might model the effort like Chanel does in their boutiques, a separate area for make-up and dedicated SAs for the make up. I don't think an Hermes SA wants to be tied up selling an eyeshadow when (s)he could be selling much more $$$ goods. Then, like Chanel and Tom Ford, those lines become available in some department stores like Neiman's and Saks. I wonder how Gucci cosmetics are doing.

Well, they've done fragrances forever. They might model the effort like Chanel does in their boutiques, a separate area for make-up and dedicated SAs for the make up. I don't think an Hermes SA wants to be tied up selling an eyeshadow when (s)he could be selling much more $$$ goods. Then, like Chanel and Tom Ford, those lines become available in some department stores like Neiman's and Saks. I wonder how Gucci cosmetics are doing.

They're about to relaunch

It's hard enough to get served at the fragrance/bath counter now at H. My guess is it'll only be the bigger stores anyway and then they will have to decamp to dept stores in future to get the volume.