Hermes to Launch Skincare & Makeup

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. uhpharm01, jyyanks, keodi and 8 others like this.
  2. I'm eager to see their packaging that will be plastic free as I'm becoming even more eco-conscious. Also, call me skeptical, but H has the tendency to discontinue products/items so it'll remain to be seen how long this venture into the brutal business of beauty will last. :P

jyyanks, keodi, Etriers and 9 others like this.
  3. Don't know about skincare, but makeup I understand. Hermes scarves are known for their beautiful colors, and it would be nice to offer ranges of colors that would match their core colors.

Skybunny, jyyanks, Etriers and 7 others like this.
  4. That would be an interesting way to market it.

jyyanks, keodi, SusanneMarie and 3 others like this.
  5. Not any particular way to marketing, but rather to control the imaginary they want for their brand. Just guessing.

6. Not an obvious (to me) extension of the brand or core competencies of Hermès. I expect some amazing collaborations though!

7. Reading my mind on both points. They say it'll be plastic-free. I hope this means beautiful, refillable glass jars with sterling silver lids and leather cases...

There are already so many options at the high-end, it'll be interesting to see where H run with this, and also who they'll partner with for the making

As for Analyst Luca Solca's statement "Hermès in particular is seeing that its other affordable products, i.e. silk, are under pressure because consumers are wearing fewer ties and silk scarves. And so, why not?" is sheer guesswork. H silks are up (mostly down to my inability to choose between cws recently :P )

jyyanks, keodi, Etriers and 10 others like this.
  8. They dabbled in makeup some time ago with “Rouge Hermes” lipsticks, they were beautifully packaged and the color was well-pigmented. Unfortunately that shade of red looked terrible on me. A shame. I’m looking forward to more colors.

jyyanks and Etriers like this.
  9. We all joke how we’d like to age like Hermes leathers...
    Perhaps the skincare line will work that magic!!!

10. Time for the artisans to spa us haha

11. I can imagine what they'll say about me "I fear Madame will need to be sent to Paris and it could take months"

12. Well, they've done fragrances forever. They might model the effort like Chanel does in their boutiques, a separate area for make-up and dedicated SAs for the make up. I don't think an Hermes SA wants to be tied up selling an eyeshadow when (s)he could be selling much more $$$ goods. Then, like Chanel and Tom Ford, those lines become available in some department stores like Neiman's and Saks. I wonder how Gucci cosmetics are doing.

13. I spend plenty of money on skin and makeup right now. Why not Hermes everything? :smile:

I am picturing beauty/makeup Youtubers trying to pronounce Hermes and their shopping hauls at Hermes boutiques. Oh no maybe this is a bad idea!

jyyanks, Etriers, Prufrock613 and 3 others like this.
  14. They're about to relaunch

It's hard enough to get served at the fragrance/bath counter now at H. My guess is it'll only be the bigger stores anyway and then they will have to decamp to dept stores in future to get the volume.