Hermes Ties

sophiac

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
Hi

Am looking for this tie by Hermes - 3 de Coeur (not necessarily in this colour. I tried googling but couldnt come up with the other colours it was availaible in) which my local store has never heard off. Does anyone know if it is a limited edition? Do hermes ties follow seasonal patterns and change every season like their scarves?

any help much appreciated!

Al the ties except the scarf design ties have model numbers printed on the inside back bottom of the tie. If you have the number of the tie you are looking for it is easier to request a search.

It is usually easier to to find older tie designs than scarf designs and we have found the male sales assistants seem to take requests for a tie search more seriously than a request for a scarf search.

Introduced my DH to Hermes ties and he has masses now, usually with toning/matching puffs. It's a lot easier buying ties than scarves IMO.

Good luck on your hunt! Sorry I couldn't offer more specific advice.

Silly me! Just realized that was a link. Lovely pattern! Would love to get one for DH too.

The should be a Hermes contact phone number on the website. Phone and ask if they can do a search for you. I haven't done this myself but do know it is possible.

Good luck!

they do have specific detailing special editions and seasons they are not easy to find when they have been discontinued but...... they are certainly worth the search i hope to find one that DH wants and that i would wear happily it was made to resemble a croc skin pattern soooo amazing !!!!!

Does hermes make longer ties? My hubby have a wide neck. Whenever he ties it, the back of the tie is too short. Thanks

Yes, Ryan is correct. They do make ties for taller people. But the selection is very limited (this could just be my local H). I bought a few ties during the holiday season. Even then my selection was limited. Maybe 6 in the red or blue cw.

It used to be possible but expensive to get a tie custom made using a scarf. We learnt about this from some of the male staff. Not sure if this is still possible or how reliable the service would be in these changing times.

You have to buy a 90cm Carre and then pay to get the tie made.

The stores did not actually offer the service, it was up to the alterationist if they had the skill, experience and could fit the tie build into their regular work. If this service is still available it could be another option & expand the choices.

With regular length ties there is enough material in a 90cm Carre to make two ties, not sure if there is enough fabric get two extra long ties from one scarf but it would reduce the price if you had a tall friend with similar taste.