Hermes tadelakt streaks

pocketpuppy

Oct 24, 2020
Hi everyone! Has anyone noticed streaks in their Hermes tadelakt bag? I bought a second hand Hermes Kelly 32 in red and there seems to be streaking on the bag. I took it to Hermes for a spa and now I noticed it’s worse! Anyone know what could have caused this? Thanks in advance for help!

61F8DCAD-FFE2-4071-951E-C18C4B266691.jpeg

Hi everyone! Has anyone noticed streaks in their Hermes tadelakt bag? I bought a second hand Hermes Kelly 32 in red and there seems to be streaking on the bag. I took it to Hermes for a spa and now I noticed it’s worse! Anyone know what could have caused this? Thanks in advance for help!

View attachment 4887718
perhaps ask Docride on her Lazarus thread-she knows everything about leather care.

View attachment 4887718

You might want to bring it back to H & point it out & see what they say..
If your H has a craftsperson there, they should be able to explain.. Boy do I miss Claude for a situation such as this..

I’ve heard a lot about Claude, he must have been spectacular! I’m trying to reach repairs it’s not easy during the pandemic.

Yes, Claude indeed was a spectacular artisan.. He is sorely missed in my eyes & I will say the craftsman & craftswoman
that are in the Madison Ave H have done repairs for me with great satisfaction...
Do you have a SA that you can send an image to & go from there?

Yes I do, maybe I’ll try contacting him because repairs is very busy. I don’t think they can do anything for my bag aside from dying it which I don’t want. I was just wondering how it happened. It’s really only noticeable on the bottom of the bag in certain light. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Tadelakt has natural striations. It's part of the leather. What you see on the bag, or at least what you're showing, is natural (except the scratches, one in center and a longer but less visible one to the left).

Reactions: Loveandlight
I recall seeing a barenia birkin or Kelly on the resale market that had a lot of striation on the bottom. I asked Doc Ride and she said it is normal. While it is a conundrum to us, it does not seem to be a defect but I get your concern and hope we learn more about striatio.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Mine also has these! I’ve pretty much been ignoring them since it’s just on the bottom & not normally visible, but then again I’m not the picky type when it comes to bags that invariably get banged up with use. AA1495DB-D72B-4182-BCDF-D651B803F8F3.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 880