Hermes Sylvania mushroom-based leather

I'd be first in line to buy a mushroom K! This is a great start and I for one am extatic that Hermès is looking towards the further and responding to the preferences of those in my generation.

Reactions: cap4life
I’m really hoping luxury brands start making sustainable vegan options. I’m vegan myself, but I really between wrestle with supporting vegan brands who use plastic based products or buying pre-loved leather... I hate the idea of leather but I do agree that pre-loved leather products might be more sustainable... but then there’s the issue that leather products are still being made. It’s an ethical pickle for me personally.

I currently have a Stella McCartney bag, and I recently bought a pre-loved Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag that is leather and I’m feeling very guilty about it...

I'm REALLY, REALLY excited to see the Victoria bags irl and am even more excited to eventually be able to see/ purchase a Kelly or Birkin in Mycelium/ Sylvania!!!

Given H timelines, I have zero idea if or when it'll reach production, but I follow the material producer on IG and they've been building out their manufacturing plant. I don't think it'll ever replace leather, but I have an amadou bag from a small brand and think it's nice as something different, just like any other material.