Hermes Sydney

Hey everyone! :smile::wave:

I made my first purchase from the new Sydney Flagship store earlier today and I was glad a met an SA who has about 10 years exp at the store. I told her I was really interested in the Hermes Neo Ankle boots and I really wanted to have a look at them. She was really passionate to explain to me about the history on Hermes as I was trying the boots. We were having a really good chat on Hermes and as I expressed my passion on the brand and my knowledge on their history, she said I really did my research well on Hermes before coming in. She did asked how come I never came in store before although I have so much knowledge about the brand. I did said that back then as much as I am passionate about Hermes, I wasn’t ready/ financially ready for it yet. She seemed to understood but yet she was not judging in anyway.

Initially I was interested in the high heel ankle boots but they didn’t have my size in store. She did suggest that I could buy online if I was really keen, however, I said I wasn’t in a rush to get it now or anything and I was really keen on building a relationship and spending history with the brand at the Sydney store as I do hope one day I can get my dream bag, Hermes Kelly bag from this store. I tried the Neo ankle boots and really loved it but I wasn’t too sure of the height yet so I said I would think about that.

So I didn’t end up getting the boots, but I did purchased the cashmere scarf from her. I saw the Hermes Kelly 28 bag on display and I asked if I could really try it on as it is my first time ever being able to hold it in real life. She did mentioned that Kelly 28 looks amazing on me and is that part of my wish list? I told her I really don’t mind a Kelly 25/28 as both sizes look amazing to me and on me. I told her that Hermes Kelly is my dream bag and I know it is really hard to get but I don’t mind the wait and being patient as I know one day when I do get offered one, it will be a very special moment and memorable one.

Before making for the scarf, she asked me if I wanted to put my wish list now on the bag or maybe next time? I said yes pls that would be great! She asked if I liked the Birkin bag as well, I said Yeap but that’s my 2nd priority as ultimately Hermes Kelly is my dream bag.

She asked me for the size and colour, and I did mentioned I would love either a Kelly 25/28 and if it is my first bag tbh I would have the Noir but I said “I know it is a highly sought after color, so it would be too hard to get one?” She said “not necessarily”. So I said I would love a Noir/ Gold and either palladium/ gold hardware is fine with me.

As for the Birkin, I asked her for her suggestion, she did say Birkin 30 is more suitable for my type of preference/ lifestyle (as I mentioned to her earlier I put a lot of things in my handbags). So I said that I am open to brighter colours for the Birkin, ie. I would love the royal blue colours like blue Zanzibar, blue Hydra and etc. and I would love the royal green, ie. Vert Vertigo (so she noted as not too bright/ not dark green).

I was really happy with my shopping experience today and I really wish to work on my H journey with her. Because I really do love their other items apart from just the handbags, ie. boots, homeware, textiles scarves, belts, and etc. I did expressed on wanting to know more about the brand and she said she can go on and on about it forever. She also gave me her name card and said to drop her an email I for making future appointments with her so I don’t have to go through any queue. She also highlighted to me the days in which are her off days.

In this case, what I really hope to get an advise from you all would be do you think I hit off well with my SA? Would it maybe stand a chance on building a good relationship with her on this H journey and could potentially one day be offered my dream Hermes Kelly bag?

Would really love to know your thoughts on this and would appreciate any advise that I could get!:biggrin::heart:
Wow congrats! I think you have started off in a very positive way. With your knowledge the SA appreciates that you genuinely love the brand...and normally per what I understand bags in noir colour can be slightly easier to get as it’s a permanent colour so you made a good choice to go with that...finger crossed that your dream bag would arrive sooner than later..yes make an appt as I can understand it would be crowded where you are...Brisbane is not too busy and if I want to go see my SA for anything or just browsing I just walk in as I try to be there before the store opens but only sometimes have to wait for her..but I’m not at your stage yet so I’m all sweet...not ready for the big bags atm... I am excited for you keep us posted on your journey!!

I do see the pretty bags in store (reserved) as well and my recent trip I saw a Kelly 25 and asked to try it on as it’s my first time having a feel of it too..just for fun...I can’t afford it yet but it’s just now to have a chance to see and carry it :loveeyes:

D8C2F4DC-F0DD-4783-B2B1-FAD1FFBC4D1E.jpeg

0E0C132A-2F79-4B63-AA50-A0ACC6674288.jpeg

Wow congrats! I think you have started off in a very positive way. With your knowledge the SA appreciates that you genuinely love the brand...and normally per what I understand bags in noir colour can be slightly easier to get as it’s a permanent colour so you made a good choice to go with that...finger crossed that your dream bag would arrive sooner than later..yes make an appt as I can understand it would be crowded where you are...Brisbane is not too busy and if I want to go see my SA for anything or just browsing I just walk in as I try to be there before the store opens but only sometimes have to wait for her..but I’m not at your stage yet so I’m all sweet...not ready for the big bags atm... I am excited for you keep us posted on your journey!!

I do see the pretty bags in store (reserved) as well and my recent trip I saw a Kelly 25 and asked to try it on as it’s my first time having a feel of it too..just for fun...I can’t afford it yet but it’s just now to have a chance to see and carry it :loveeyes:

View attachment 5066349

View attachment 5066350
ohhh it's a great size on you! I no longer wantK28s I find them to big for my lifestyle, I loveeeee that B25 in deep blue on display sooooo pretty

Congratulations on your first in store experience! It sounds like you did really well and your SA sounds very nice. I’ve only started the journey myself but I’ve gotten the dream bag I wanted (mini lindy) after a couple of shops, so i think you will get your dream bag too! I’m also hoping for a Kelly, but like you, I don’t need it right now so I’m happy to wait a bit and continue the relationship building. Definately shop with her and not online, I’ve learnt that the hard way. Good luck!

Thanks @Xaerahh and @Mapoon! When my SA gave me the option to buy it online and I explained to her about wanting to build the relationship and also the spending history with the local H Sydney boutique as I am slowly aiming towards my dream bag, she said "Yes you are right, spending history with your local boutique store is very important and you did your research well." :lol:

Also, my SA took down my preferences for the sizes and colours of the bags and hardware, but she didn't ask me about the type of leather though. Is this normal?? Do they generally ask you about the type of leather?

• Love
Reactions: Mapoon
Thanks @Xaerahh and @Mapoon! When my SA gave me the option to buy it online and I explained to her about wanting to build the relationship and also the spending history with the local H Sydney boutique as I am slowly aiming towards my dream bag, she said "Yes you are right, spending history with your local boutique store is very important and you did your research well." :lol:

Also, my SA took down my preferences for the sizes and colours of the bags and hardware, but she didn't ask me about the type of leather though. Is this normal?? Do they generally ask you about the type of leather?
I think they do ask about the type of leather. But I think first priority is the colour I guess..after that I am just lost...Im so excited for you!!! When is your next visit?

• Love
Reactions: sugarbabetvxq
I think they do ask about the type of leather. But I think first priority is the colour I guess..after that I am just lost...Im so excited for you!!! When is your next visit?

Haha, I hope so! Maybe colours first. In terms of leather, tbh, I really like the standard Togo leather for Retourne/ Epsom leather for Sellier :love:

I am trying to pace my purchases as I do have many other priorities and commitments as well. But I have a number of things that I am slowly trying to work to get cos I have being eyeing them for years :P Hoping to be able to plan my next visit for either next month or June? Looking to purchase a silk tie for hubby as he said he doesn't really have any nice ones.

Reactions: Mapoon
Haha, I hope so! Maybe colours first. In terms of leather, tbh, I really like the standard Togo leather for Retourne/ Epsom leather for Sellier :love:

I am trying to pace my purchases as I do have many other priorities and commitments as well. But I have a number of things that I am slowly trying to work to get cos I have being eyeing them for years :P Hoping to be able to plan my next visit for either next month or June? Looking to purchase a silk tie for hubby as he said he doesn't really have any nice ones.
Yes that's the way..pace it rather than go rogue lol!! I like how this is going. Good luck!!Keep us posted!!

Hi girls I have a question. I am about to start by Hermes journey (lol sounds weird saying that..), I actually own two Kelly’s but both were purchased resale at a significant markup (one was actually bought by my mum).

Anyway I’ve finally started shopping at the store and trying to build up a sales history.

I’ve been twice now, the first time I didn’t vibe well with the SA but the second time I did and she gave me her card and asked me to buy with her.

But the problem is she is a trainee. I’ve heard trainee are unlikely to offer bags.
However what I’m thinking is I’m going to build up the sales history slowly anyway (the two bags I have already are actually my dream bags so I am not needing a bag offer anytime soon and would only be buying things I actually like and not purely because of hoping for bag offer. A trainee eventually becomes... a regular sales associate right? So do you think it’s ok to buy from her?

My second question is I live between Sydney and Melbourne. The SA is at the Sydney store. If I buy with her, should she be able to post to me in Melbourne? Or should I get a second SA in Melbourne.

Thanks!
I too have been curious about the trainee situation - but I do have one positive story with a trainee that I had never met/interacted before, in fact from memory she was brand new on that first occasion I met with her, and based on short but reasonably meaningful chat, she pulled out two hot SLG that are never in stock, both in highly desirable colours (one noir/GHW) for me to buy. It was also lucky timing that both items were available for her to show me, but the fact she showed me (and I purchased) seemingly did not get hindered even though she was a trainee. Since then I've actually struggled to get time with her as she's become very popular, so I guess, I share this, because I don't necessarily think a trainee is a limiting factor, particularly if your interactions are very good with her.

On a personal note I wish I could be in Melbourne as (at least from the view of 'grass is always greener') it seems nice to have the option of picking between the two stores there, rather than just the one in Sydney. But ultimately you may end up making the choice that is easier for you.

Hey everyone! :smile::wave:

I made my first purchase from the new Sydney Flagship store earlier today and I was glad a met an SA who has about 10 years exp at the store. I told her I was really interested in the Hermes Neo Ankle boots and I really wanted to have a look at them. She was really passionate to explain to me about the history on Hermes as I was trying the boots. We were having a really good chat on Hermes and as I expressed my passion on the brand and my knowledge on their history, she said I really did my research well on Hermes before coming in. She did asked how come I never came in store before although I have so much knowledge about the brand. I did said that back then as much as I am passionate about Hermes, I wasn’t ready/ financially ready for it yet. She seemed to understood but yet she was not judging in anyway.

Initially I was interested in the high heel ankle boots but they didn’t have my size in store. She did suggest that I could buy online if I was really keen, however, I said I wasn’t in a rush to get it now or anything and I was really keen on building a relationship and spending history with the brand at the Sydney store as I do hope one day I can get my dream bag, Hermes Kelly bag from this store. I tried the Neo ankle boots and really loved it but I wasn’t too sure of the height yet so I said I would think about that.

So I didn’t end up getting the boots, but I did purchased the cashmere scarf from her. I saw the Hermes Kelly 28 bag on display and I asked if I could really try it on as it is my first time ever being able to hold it in real life. She did mentioned that Kelly 28 looks amazing on me and is that part of my wish list? I told her I really don’t mind a Kelly 25/28 as both sizes look amazing to me and on me. I told her that Hermes Kelly is my dream bag and I know it is really hard to get but I don’t mind the wait and being patient as I know one day when I do get offered one, it will be a very special moment and memorable one.

Before making for the scarf, she asked me if I wanted to put my wish list now on the bag or maybe next time? I said yes pls that would be great! She asked if I liked the Birkin bag as well, I said Yeap but that’s my 2nd priority as ultimately Hermes Kelly is my dream bag.

She asked me for the size and colour, and I did mentioned I would love either a Kelly 25/28 and if it is my first bag tbh I would have the Noir but I said “I know it is a highly sought after color, so it would be too hard to get one?” She said “not necessarily”. So I said I would love a Noir/ Gold and either palladium/ gold hardware is fine with me.

As for the Birkin, I asked her for her suggestion, she did say Birkin 30 is more suitable for my type of preference/ lifestyle (as I mentioned to her earlier I put a lot of things in my handbags). So I said that I am open to brighter colours for the Birkin, ie. I would love the royal blue colours like blue Zanzibar, blue Hydra and etc. and I would love the royal green, ie. Vert Vertigo (so she noted as not too bright/ not dark green).

I was really happy with my shopping experience today and I really wish to work on my H journey with her. Because I really do love their other items apart from just the handbags, ie. boots, homeware, textiles scarves, belts, and etc. I did expressed on wanting to know more about the brand and she said she can go on and on about it forever. She also gave me her name card and said to drop her an email I for making future appointments with her so I don’t have to go through any queue. She also highlighted to me the days in which are her off days.

In this case, what I really hope to get an advise from you all would be do you think I hit off well with my SA? Would it maybe stand a chance on building a good relationship with her on this H journey and could potentially one day be offered my dream Hermes Kelly bag?

Would really love to know your thoughts on this and would appreciate any advise that I could get!:biggrin::heart:
Like the others have said, look forward to hearing your updates! All sounds very positive and cheery!

Does anyone know what the stock levels are like at the moment in Sydney? I've gone a bit AWOL from the luxury shopping scene for a few months and feel a bit out of touch. LOL.

Still waiting for my Saint Germain boots to arrive from Paris (as my size is sold out) but wanted to see if there was anything else in the meantime worth picking up. Thanks. :flowers:

Does anyone know what the stock levels are like at the moment in Sydney? I've gone a bit AWOL from the luxury shopping scene for a few months and feel a bit out of touch. LOL.

Still waiting for my Saint Germain boots to arrive from Paris (as my size is sold out) but wanted to see if there was anything else in the meantime worth picking up. Thanks. :flowers:
My sense is that there's lots of new stuff to look at, but stock levels are as always, hit and miss. I seem to always pick things that are sold out so I have to put them on back order, but I do feel like there is a steady flow of new stuff coming in every time I visit (approx once a month).

Thank you so much @Mapoon ! I live in Brisbane but I’ve always preferred the Pacific Fair store.
Same!!! I like the Pacific Fair store too coz it's big and spacious...service is good and pretty good range (I dont know about the bigger items lol). But after the renovations I think the city store will be just as big? I do go to the city store as I have an SA there but whenever I go to the goldie...I will always go to the PF store to have a look....very relaxing and many eye candies too!!

Reactions: Nana97