Hermes Sydney

Thanks for your reply beautiful. I agree just buy the items you love and see how it goes. It’s just so sad seeing bags being offered around me when i want one SO badly. It’s so saddening. Glad to hear I’m not the only one that feels this way. Sydney store is SOOO busy these days and there’s people requesting B and K literally every 2-5 minutes. It’s lotto chances honestly. I have been considering the reseller route as it’s a bit more expensive but it’s a sure thing and don’t have to spend on other H items which eventually add up to the same cost.

You’re not alone girl. We just have to patiently wait or explore another option, I hope you get to experience that special moment soon :smile:

Reactions: Pgirl2016
You’re not alone girl. We just have to patiently wait or explore another option, I hope you get to experience that special moment soon :smile:

Thanks dear. I don’t think I’ll ever ever get to experience that special moment. And am considering seriously never buying from them again. At least when I go into other brands i know my money can be spent and I can get an item 100%. Which is the norm. It’s so disappointing and disheartening.

I just couldn’t beleive my eyes and ears when I saw and heard what I did. That VIPS get classic bags (black kelly 28) held for them for weeks-months. I also saw 2 arrogant SA’s completely shut down customers who were waiting. I saw another tall SA gentleman who I won’t name out of courtesy follow two sweet ladies around, only to 1) not make eye contact 2) serve another customer halfway through 3) dislike that I had realized what he had done and sent another SA to me and ask “what am I doing sitting here”. I was appalled. I shop at all designer stores around the world and have never been more shocked. It seems Hermes dictates which customers they allow their bags to go to and dismiss the rest. Hard earned money to be spent is the same for everyone, $1 for a low socioeconomic couple or a $1 for the worlds richest is hard earned the same way. How dare a SA who probably earns $30-40 an hour dictate this. I’ll probably delete this post later but it’s just me venting. I’m that upset

I just couldn’t beleive my eyes and ears when I saw and heard what I did. That VIPS get classic bags (black kelly 28) held for them for weeks-months. I also saw 2 arrogant SA’s completely shut down customers who were waiting. I saw another tall SA gentleman who I won’t name out of courtesy follow two sweet ladies around, only to 1) not make eye contact 2) serve another customer halfway through 3) dislike that I had realized what he had done and sent another SA to me and ask “what am I doing sitting here”. I was appalled. I shop at all designer stores around the world and have never been more shocked. It seems Hermes dictates which customers they allow their bags to go to and dismiss the rest. Hard earned money to be spent is the same for everyone, $1 for a low socioeconomic couple or a $1 for the worlds richest is hard earned the same way. How dare a SA who probably earns $30-40 an hour dictate this. I’ll probably delete this post later but it’s just me venting. I’m that upset

Darling, I totally understand your frustration and what you are talking about. And I think I know who that tall SA gentlemen is. He did that to me when I started shopping at Sydney boutique as well. So, I avoid talking to him when I go there. He is just getting better recently, will greet me with a smile.
Recently, I asked my SA how long if I can get a black kelly 28 for my mom, guess what she said 2 -3 years . I have spent more than two bags $$ and still need to wait for it for 2 -3 years.
I am telling myself, I do go overseas at least once a year, so I just spend my money overseas then at least I feel I am respected.

Now I just purchase what I want, not thinking if I am offered a bag lol :smile:

I guess I should go to Ban Island for a while.

Last edited:
Darling, I totally understand your frustration and what you are talking about. And I think I know who that tall SA gentlemen is. He did that to me when I started shopping at Sydney boutique as well. So, I avoid talking to him when I go there. He is just getting better recently, will greet me with a smile.
Recently, I asked my SA how long if I can get a black kelly 28 for my mom, guess what she said 2 -3 years . I have spent more than two bags $$ and still need to wait for it for 2 -3 years.
I am telling myself, I do go overseas at least once a year, so I just spend my money overseas then at least I feel I am respected.

I’m trying to get a black kelly 28 also hhahaha. It seems like everyone is waiting for the same bag, we are really all in competition with one another. I agree though hermes has other beautiful bags to purchase like Lindy, Picotin, Hazlan, etc so there is plenty to buy in the store. I think your right it’s the respect - what happened to good old fashioned customer service - we customers are bringing $$$ into the store and wish to be able to purchase without discrimination...

I think I know which tall gentleman SA you both are talking about as well and if it is him then it's the same not so helpful SA who served me last week:no:. I too at one point was rather disappointed and tired of playing the games just to get my dream bag at H so it turned me off shopping at Sydney boutique for quite a long time. It was the Lindy in the end that brought me back :P

When I joined the waiting list recently, the friendly male SA who assisted me recommended that I choose Swift as the wait may be shorter since most people opt for Togo. He also mentioned that because a lot of people are after Togo, the boutique buys more bags in that leather. I guess if that is true then they would do the same for a particular colour as well? I didn't ask the SA how long the wait would be for the specs I am after but I expected the wait to be at least 2-3 years anyway given how many requests they receive. I was offered a B and a K last year in Japan without having any purchase history there so I think if I go to both Japan and Paris at least once a year I'd probably score a K or B before I am even offered one here in Syd :yes:

I’m trying to get a black kelly 28 also hhahaha. It seems like everyone is waiting for the same bag, we are really all in competition with one another. I agree though hermes has other beautiful bags to purchase like Lindy, Picotin, Hazlan, etc so there is plenty to buy in the store. I think your right it’s the respect - what happened to good old fashioned customer service - we customers are bringing $$$ into the store and wish to be able to purchase without discrimination...

I saw a picotin gold 18 with GHW online yesterday but it was gone in minutes..

You are not alone at all, I haven't been back since both of my favorite SA left last year, I feel shopping in Sydney H is very stressful afterwards and also not knowing how much to spend before getting a bag is very annoying. I mean I have things I like from H but I'm sure most people who shop there wouldn't mind getting a bag offer along with the purchases. I've heard people spent 3x bag money and still not getting offered here. And some of the VIP also have to push hard to get their bags. After hearing all the story I found it very discouraging to go back and shop. I now save all my money and wishlist to overseas, and in some of the Asian countries like Japan or Korea, you almost certain to get a bag with a certain amount of purchases. I can happily shop there without waiting anxiously and also don't need to suck up their ass to get a bag makes me feel so much better :smile:

On the side note, I found the shopping experience at Chanel is so much better compare to H

You are not alone at all, I haven't been back since both of my favorite SA left last year, I feel shopping in Sydney H is very stressful afterwards and also not knowing how much to spend before getting a bag is very annoying. I mean I have things I like from H but I'm sure most people who shop there wouldn't mind getting a bag offer along with the purchases. I've heard people spent 3x bag money and still not getting offered here. And some of the VIP also have to push hard to get their bags. After hearing all the story I found it very discouraging to go back and shop. I now save all my money and wishlist to overseas, and in some of the Asian countries like Japan or Korea, you almost certain to get a bag with a certain amount of purchases. I can happily shop there without waiting anxiously and also don't need to suck up their ass to get a bag makes me feel so much better :smile:

On the side note, I found the shopping experience at Chanel is so much better compare to H

I totally agree with you. It is extremely stressful and no longer an enjoyable experience! I too have taken my money to other brands including Cartier, van cleef and chanel :smile:

Ps I’ve been waiting for picotin in that combo for months... even though other people on IG have received it from the Sydney store much earlier than me...

I think I know which tall gentleman SA you both are talking about as well and if it is him then it's the same not so helpful SA who served me last week:no:. I too at one point was rather disappointed and tired of playing the games just to get my dream bag at H so it turned me off shopping at Sydney boutique for quite a long time. It was the Lindy in the end that brought me back :P

When I joined the waiting list recently, the friendly male SA who assisted me recommended that I choose Swift as the wait may be shorter since most people opt for Togo. He also mentioned that because a lot of people are after Togo, the boutique buys more bags in that leather. I guess if that is true then they would do the same for a particular colour as well? I didn't ask the SA how long the wait would be for the specs I am after but I expected the wait to be at least 2-3 years anyway given how many requests they receive. I was offered a B and a K last year in Japan without having any purchase history there so I think if I go to both Japan and Paris at least once a year I'd probably score a K or B before I am even offered one here in Syd :yes:

I agree I got a B and a K in Paris also!!!!!

Reactions: pixiesparkle

I totally agree! It’s so distressing not knowing how much you’d have to spend before being offered a bag or ever getting one at all. I’ve heard many stories of people spending $$$$ at H, even buying things like porcelain which they are not even interested in just to increase their chances. As much as I’d love to have my dream K, I just can’t justify spending so much on things I do not want/need and have no use for [emoji52].

P.S: [emoji44] the Gold Pico 18 you saw must have sold out super quick indeed! By the time I went on the website I only saw Pico 18 in etoupe with Gold Hw

Reactions: lollycat

Hi there,
I'm super new to Hermes but I totally understand how you feel! I was in Hermes in South Coast Plaza last week buying the Evelyne when I asked the SA about a Birkin. The way she looked at me you would have thought I was an alien who just landed on earth. She didn't even bother to reply to my inquiry! Lol.

I'm not good at games so the concept of "building relations" against my will is such a turn off. I am not into jewelries, their shoes and RTW don't fit me so besides handbags and possibly the twillys I just don't know if I want to buy anything else. So I guess I'll just have to take a trip to Paris to try my luck there. Hang in there! I get your frustration!

I totally agree! It’s so distressing not knowing how much you’d have to spend before being offered a bag or ever getting one at all. I’ve heard many stories of people spending $$$$ at H, even buying things like porcelain which they are not even interested in just to increase their chances. As much as I’d love to have my dream K, I just can’t justify spending so much on things I do not want/need and have no use for [emoji52].

P.S: [emoji44] the Gold Pico 18 you saw must have sold out super quick indeed! By the time I went on the website I only saw Pico 18 in etoupe with Gold Hw

Yes we work hard to earn our money and make sure they get spent wisely! Don't buy things you don't like just for the sake of an offer. I mean at the end it's just a bag. I had a feeling in Sydney store they only wants ultra rich clients who buys like furnitures and things like that.. other ones they dont appreciate much. Honestly Kmart has better services than them[emoji23]

I had the same experience at H Sydney few years ago therefore I stopped going there. I was lucky enough to be offered B and K in Paris, London and Japan. My friends got most of their dream bags in Hong Kong.

2 years ago, work was getting busier so I haven’t had a chance to travel a lot. I needed bits and pieces from H so I had no choice but had to shop at local store. I went through most of the SAs there to find the right one. Everytime I shop there, I went with a different SA if I am not happy with the previous one. It’s not that hard to realise who genuinely wants to assist you or just there because of their job. I finally found 2 good SAs and started building relationship with them. I’m not lying but in 2016, I spent around 7 bags for other stuff but I loved what I bought. By the end of 2016, I was offered a B30 Black with GHW. When I came and picked it up, other SA told my SA that I am so lucky because some of his clients has been waiting nearly 6 years for the black. Then I had baby early 2017 and rarely pop back there so for the whole 2017 I haven’t got offered anything (of course) lol. However, one time I came, one of my SA asked me: “ have you put an order in for special order yet?” (They offered me in Nov 2016 but I was so busy so I missed the opportunity) then he helped me to put the order in. I complained to him everytime I saw him that why I didn’t get anything for more than a year now and I even reminded him that how much I did spend last year and asked: do I need to spend that amount again to get a bag. He said: no, no, no one expects you to spend that amount every year here but I still didn’t get a call from him lol.

In Feb this year, I came to pick up the Halzan. I spoke to my other SA who I haven’t spoken to for the entire 2017 because she wasn’t around when I’m there. I complained to her the same thing and she felt very bad about that. She then pulled me on a side and asked what would I like and noted it down. Few weeks later I got my K28 Rough VIF GHW :smile:.

Personally, I don’t like to shop in Chanel. I find they are quite rude and arrogant. I feel much more comfortable to shop in H these days even though I’m not VIP or spend substantial amount there. Most of the SAs are friendly to me, have a chat with me when I am waiting for my SA. I really appreciate my SAs. They are really helpful, they even advise me what I should and shouldn’t buy because it might be a waste. I think in H Sydney, it’s not about who you know, it’s more about who you get on with. I think it’s a good idea to come early in the morning when they are not busy yet so the SAs have more time to chat to you than when they are busy and have clients waiting for them.