Hermes Stores No Longer Taking Birkin Orders?

Hey PBC How ya doing!

I didn't say they don't get them, they are just smaller in inventory then the Birkin.

i'm doing good baggs! how are u?? u sure know ur H stuff woman!!! :graucho: i guess it's GREAT news to hear that vegas has a bigger birkin inventory. sounds like they've been hiding these birkins from me!!! i'm heading back out to vegas in a few weeks so i will definitely keep this in mind when i chat it up with the SAs again.

same here, when I went to vegas probably 2 weeks ago, I saw several Kelly's and no birkins... sheezee, maybe next time I head there, I can finally see a birkin there.. hehe

1/18/2013 I was just discriminated against in the Hermes Store in the Bellagio Hotel at Las Vegas. After shopping an hour in the store with my son and discussing at length the most useful Hermes item to where or bring on a business trip to Asia, I was informed it was the Birkin Bag. I asked if they had any in stock and they said yes. I asked to see one as I wanted to purchase the purse for this trip after the long discussion over the benefits.
I was told I could not even me shown a bag that they were only for "important customers or customers from Singapore."
I found this to be very offensive and I do believe profiling customers is illegal. I am white was nicely dressed and was very serious about looking at and buying the bag. I again asked and then was told that they didn't have any in stock and he would have to ask the manager but the answer was no I could not look at a bag or buy one as they are for important customers. He then described in length how then to wrap a scarf around the handle.
I had this same discrimination when buying a Porshe and Porshe took it very seriously as it is illegal.
I hope that Hermes takes it very seriously as well and want to assure other people on the post that it isn't about color it is about who they judge to be important or of a race that has known money.
It is wrong, illegal and offensive. Had no bags been in stock I should have been guided through the process of ordering one. But somehow perhaps I wasn't the correct race at this store as I was clearly told there would be many sold for the Chinese New Years coming up to Singapore and Hong Kong customers. Shame shame shame and what a sad company to encourage and instruct this discrimination.

1/18/2013 I was just discriminated against in the Hermes Store in the Bellagio Hotel at Las Vegas. After shopping an hour in the store with my son and discussing at length the most useful Hermes item to where or bring on a business trip to Asia, I was informed it was the Birkin Bag. I asked if they had any in stock and they said yes. I asked to see one as I wanted to purchase the purse for this trip after the long discussion over the benefits.
I was told I could not even me shown a bag that they were only for "important customers or customers from Singapore."
I found this to be very offensive and I do believe profiling customers is illegal. I am white was nicely dressed and was very serious about looking at and buying the bag. I again asked and then was told that they didn't have any in stock and he would have to ask the manager but the answer was no I could not look at a bag or buy one as they are for important customers. He then described in length how then to wrap a scarf around the handle.
I had this same discrimination when buying a Porshe and Porshe took it very seriously as it is illegal.
I hope that Hermes takes it very seriously as well and want to assure other people on the post that it isn't about color it is about who they judge to be important or of a race that has known money.
It is wrong, illegal and offensive. Had no bags been in stock I should have been guided through the process of ordering one. But somehow perhaps I wasn't the correct race at this store as I was clearly told there would be many sold for the Chinese New Years coming up to Singapore and Hong Kong customers. Shame shame shame and what a sad company to encourage and instruct this discrimination.

Wow, sorry for your experience. I've never heard that Singaporeans are prioritized in the US?

CJConrad said:

It's unfortunate that such a thing happen to you. In my experience, that happens to a lot of people who have no purchase history and asking for a birkin bag. I am sure some SAs are more experienced in explaining such a procedure while others just can't quite get the etiquette down.

I don't want to diminish how you felt you were treated, but unfortunately, they really don't just bring the bag out for anyone.

I have heard of many stories of SAs profiling and only selling to non Asian people. Also stories of SAs only selling to wealthy Asian tourists.. I hope that you make a complaint and get the satisfaction that you are looking for to mend this situation for yourself.

Last edited: