Hermes Store Credit- yikes!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi All,
    We got a Hermes baby blanket as a gift, and plan on returning it for store credit. the truth is, i wouldn't know what to buy there for the $680 (plus tax) that we'll receive in credit, and would like to sell my store credit to someone, anyone who might actually use it. Any recommendations on how to procede, or whether i should do this?
    I really appreciate the advice!!:biggrin:

2. I've seen them sold on eBay, but for less than its full value, of course. There are special rules for selling gift cards on eBay, so please familiarize yourself with the rules before listing. You may be surprised when you get into the store and find something you'd like. There are plenty of scarf and jewelry items in that price range.

3. Oh Silkstarh...plaidpurse will be hooked in no time.

4. Welcome to the forum. But please be advised there is no buying or selling permitted here....

As others have suggested, there are a lot of things you might find for the value of the gift card. Good luck!

5. plaidpurse, that blanket just may be your baby's safety blanket!! :smile:
    And what a chic safety blanket that could be :smile:

6. My Hermes baby blanket is the only H baby item that actually got lots of use :biggrin: Heck, I even used it for those late nights on the recliner when I knew DD was only going to get up in another 2 hrs so why bother going back to bed! I guess you could sell the gift card on Ebay, but if you normally wouldn't buy anything Hermes, maybe this is the time to treat yourself to something crazy (you just had a baby, right? Reason enough) that you normally wouldn't pay $600 for...silver jewelry, scarf/shawl, coffee mugs, leather photo album, the list goes on.

7. You could treat yourself to a pretty enamel bracelet for that price....:smile:

8. definitely agree! treat yourself, go ahead, you know you want to ;) :tup:

9. I agree that a lovely enamel bracelet would be a good choice to commemorate such a wonderful occasion as a new baby!