HERMES store Boston

I couldn't really find a Boston Hermes thread but this one, but it seems like it's been awhile since anyone posted. I truly hope zi am able to get everyone's lovely advice. I'm in Boston and wanted start my H journey. I really want a constance and k 25/28 ( dark colors ). I know H is a process and you need a purchase history and a lovely SA . Hope to hear experiences and any advice is appreciated [emoji173][emoji173]

I couldn't really find a Boston Hermes thread but this one, but it seems like it's been awhile since anyone posted. I truly hope zi am able to get everyone's lovely advice. I'm in Boston and wanted start my H journey. I really want a constance and k 25/28 ( dark colors ). I know H is a process and you need a purchase history and a lovely SA . Hope to hear experiences and any advice is appreciated [emoji173][emoji173]
I was in Boston a few months back and decided to take a trip to Hermes as there is none where I live. I went in thinking maybe a wallet or bangle that caught my eye or the Chaine d'Ancre earrings in RG if they had them. It was very casual browsing, which most of the SAs seemed to pick up on. They acknowledged me, then went about their business when I said I was just browsing. When something did catch my eye, there was an SA to notice, share in my enthusiasm, and assist me, even when I held off on making the purchase until I returned home which was a larger ordeal as it was a leather good. I have no idea if all of the SAs there are that perceptive and willing to help, but I found one who was and it was a wonderful experience.

Reactions: mstran87
I need to share the love, this store and it staff are so wonderful. Many of the S.As are artists and have they eye for color. The SD, John, is a wonderful human- he’s warm and compassionate and completely down to earth. He’s comfortable chatting with billionaires and students alike!

Boston recently suffered a break-in during the BLM protests, and the store was up and running quickly. Some of the first floor silks were taken, but all the leather was offsite. Magnificent teaming for Covid-19 safety as well. Masks on everyone and sanitizer everywhere.

I need to share the love, this store and it staff are so wonderful. Many of the S.As are artists and have they eye for color. The SD, John, is a wonderful human- he’s warm and compassionate and completely down to earth. He’s comfortable chatting with billionaires and students alike!

Boston recently suffered a break-in during the BLM protests, and the store was up and running quickly. Some of the first floor silks were taken, but all the leather was offsite. Magnificent teaming for Covid-19 safety as well. Masks on everyone and sanitizer everywhere.
This is so great to hear! I’ve been wanting to make an appointment.

I’m a relatively new to the Luxury community, but due to the virus, I haven’t been able to go to any boutiques. I’d love to go to the H store in Boston, as it is the closest to me, but since it would be an entire day trip for me, could someone please explain what to expect when going into this H store? For instance, are there a good selection of bags available (K/B/C not included, obviously :biggrin:)? Or are leather goods always limited and it would be a good idea to build a relationship with the SA at least a few months before making a planned purchase? I’m thinking about adding a Lindy to my collection this year, and would love to take a trip to the H store for that in person experience, especially as all my other purchases from other brands have been online.

Besides that, Im thinking about getting my SO an H tie for his birthday, which is coming up, so I’d have a reason to go into the store.

I do not have a SA, and wouldn’t even know where to start upon getting to the store. Do you just walk up to a SA, and talk about what you’re looking for? Would I need a different SA for accessories (ties, Twillys) and leather goods, or could the same person help with everything?

I’d really appreciate any insight you lovely experienced H shoppers could provide :smile:

I’m a relatively new to the Luxury community, but due to the virus, I haven’t been able to go to any boutiques. I’d love to go to the H store in Boston, as it is the closest to me, but since it would be an entire day trip for me, could someone please explain what to expect when going into this H store? For instance, are there a good selection of bags available (K/B/C not included, obviously :biggrin:)? Or are leather goods always limited and it would be a good idea to build a relationship with the SA at least a few months before making a planned purchase? I’m thinking about adding a Lindy to my collection this year, and would love to take a trip to the H store for that in person experience, especially as all my other purchases from other brands have been online.

Besides that, Im thinking about getting my SO an H tie for his birthday, which is coming up, so I’d have a reason to go into the store.

I do not have a SA, and wouldn’t even know where to start upon getting to the store. Do you just walk up to a SA, and talk about what you’re looking for? Would I need a different SA for accessories (ties, Twillys) and leather goods, or could the same person help with everything?

I’d really appreciate any insight you lovely experienced H shoppers could provide :smile:

I had gone to this store several times and purchased two bags there, a bolide and an herbag. I never felt limited on leather selections. The upstairs has the leather goods and jewelry, downstairs is fragrances, silks, etc.

I've also walked up to two SAs in the store before building a history and it worked out well for me! Due to COVID I believe they are appointment only at this time. I would call the store and ask to make an appointment. It is worth the trip!

I think with the corona virus things are so different now- I was able to go into the store and browse back in the day and that’s how I found my SA. I had been graciously assisted a few previous visits before I connected with my current SA, but those purchases were small and did not result in a connection. The casual drop in to browse is very much off the table these days, and there is pent up demand from established customers right now- we waited 4 days for an appointment after we called.

There seemed to be a good supply of K and C and other non quota bags, but I was there within a short amount of time after reopening. I don’t know what your experience will be like as an establishing client- I can tell you that the phone rang off the hook and they said it’s like that all day everyday.

I had gone to this store several times and purchased two bags there, a bolide and an herbag. I never felt limited on leather selections. The upstairs has the leather goods and jewelry, downstairs is fragrances, silks, etc.

I've also walked up to two SAs in the store before building a history and it worked out well for me! Due to COVID I believe they are appointment only at this time. I would call the store and ask to make an appointment. It is worth the trip!
I think with the corona virus things are so different now- I was able to go into the store and browse back in the day and that’s how I found my SA. I had been graciously assisted a few previous visits before I connected with my current SA, but those purchases were small and did not result in a connection. The casual drop in to browse is very much off the table these days, and there is pent up demand from established customers right now- we waited 4 days for an appointment after we called.

There seemed to be a good supply of K and C and other non quota bags, but I was there within a short amount of time after reopening. I don’t know what your experience will be like as an establishing client- I can tell you that the phone rang off the hook and they said it’s like that all day everyday.

Thank you both so much for this information! I’m going to call tomorrow to attempt to make an appointment. I found two jewelry items I’d like to purchase on the website, but one is a ring and it would be great to try it on so I can get the right size. I wasn’t expecting a Quota bag on my first trip, but it’s great to hear that the Boston store does get them and that they have a nice selection of other bags as well.

thanks again:heart:

Reactions: undecided45
Hi. I live in Boston and would like to start my H journey. I already have a coat that I'd like to purchase in mind. My dream bag is a Kelly 25/28 in black or neutral colors. Is there a good selection of K in Boston? Also typically how much you would need to spend to be offered a Kelly? Can anyone recommend an SA at the Boston boutique? Thanks!

Along the same lines of the last question, has anyone out there actually gotten a quota bag from the Boston store? I've been able to stop in a few times this year, have a lovely SA, but kind of get the vibe that this store doesn't get a lot of inventory, though I could be wrong. I've let my SA know that I'm interested in a B30 and gave a wide range of neutral tones, don't care about hardware, and she was very sweet but also said that "this will be very difficult, to be honest." I'm not in a rush and perfectly fine building my customer profile, but would be helpful to know that it's not ultimately futile. (that being said, I did see a customer picking out what seemed to be components for a special order in November, so that seemed promising).

Along the same lines of the last question, has anyone out there actually gotten a quota bag from the Boston store? I've been able to stop in a few times this year, have a lovely SA, but kind of get the vibe that this store doesn't get a lot of inventory, though I could be wrong. I've let my SA know that I'm interested in a B30 and gave a wide range of neutral tones, don't care about hardware, and she was very sweet but also said that "this will be very difficult, to be honest." I'm not in a rush and perfectly fine building my customer profile, but would be helpful to know that it's not ultimately futile. (that being said, I did see a customer picking out what seemed to be components for a special order in November, so that seemed promising).

I've gotten 3 quota bags from Boston since 2017, the last one being on December 3rd (B30 Verso Ebene/Gold in Togo). I've also turned down 2. The store gets good inventory, but you need to have a decent purchase history to be considered. Once you've established yourself, the next B or K is easier. The SAs are very good at sniffing out people who are buying just to score a quota bag, so don't buy just for the sake of buying. Purchase things you will love and use. Show an appreciation for the brand outside of the holy grail bags and your SA will notice. Good luck!