Hermes Stamp Question

sin vergüenza;16148212 said:
LOL! I couldn't agree more! Not only the craftsperson, but the SA's, corporate, the SM's, etc...

It can be maddening.

I have been thinking about this, are the craftsmen allowed leeway etc.

I would have thought there must be an Hermes official craftsman guide to the approved combination of colors, resins, leathers and stamps, hardware, etc.

If a craftsman could decide on a whim, bags might come out every which way, no?

If a craftsman were making a shooting star bag for his/her own use, i.e., not for sale, the they could make it in any combo they liked. Or if they were making a special order bag, which would have its own horseshoe mark to denote that.

But otherwise I would have thought there was an approved corporate version.

Now if only we could get our little hands on it!! LOL!!

I have been thinking about this, are the craftsmen allowed leeway etc.

I would have thought there must be an Hermes official craftsman guide to the approved combination of colors, resins, leathers and stamps, hardware, etc.

If a craftsman could decide on a whim, bags might come out every which way, no?

If a craftsman were making a shooting star bag for his/her own use, i.e., not for sale, the they could make it in any combo they liked. Or if they were making a special order bag, which would have its own horseshoe mark to denote that.

But otherwise I would have thought there was an approved corporate version.

Now if only we could get our little hands on it!! LOL!!

That would be my feeling, but....they are artistes and when the vision calls them in another direction...:P:nuts:

Hi there I recently bought a Kelly pochette in swift and stamp D in sliver hardware but the Hermes logo doesn't seem to have any colour at all. Is that a sign of it being fake? I thought it is usually sliver or gold depending on the hardware?

Attachments

• IMG-20200518-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20200518-WA0023.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 110
Hi there I recently bought a Kelly pochette in swift and stamp D in sliver hardware but the Hermes logo doesn't seem to have any colour at all. Is that a sign of it being fake? I thought it is usually sliver or gold depending on the hardware?

http://www.bababebi.com/
You should have it authenticated.

Agree. TPF rules prevent discussing authentication issues for bags. Bababebi is amazing.

Hello !
My mother has a Barenia gold Birkin, and she's going to give it to me ! She's bought it a long time ago in a luxury second hand shop.
However, the "Hermes Paris made in France" is not heat stamped but gold stamped.
Is it possible ? I've read that Barenia bags always have heat stamps. I've tried to sprinkle some little drops of water (on the bottom) because I've read that on Barenia leather the wather doesn't stay. And actually the drops have disappeared. But it was little drops. I'm a bit afraid if the weather is rainy and if it is not Barenia : if it is Box calf, the drops will stay...
Do you know how I can be sure ? There is no Hermes shop where I live.
Thanks a lot.

A real quick question hoping someone here can help me!

Are there any other leathers other than Barenia and Vache Naturale in which the "Hermes Paris Made in France" stamp is imprinted into the leather instead of printed on in gold or silver? Is Evergrain one of them?

Thanks!

Hello! Hunter leather used in herbag,
Cabalicol, etc.. are stamped without the gold or silver stamping.