Hermes Special Orders - How long did yours take?

Israeli_Flava

Counting My Blessings 1 Birkin At A Time ;)
O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
Birkin Bliss
I finally got a call for my SO. Only took 2 years. Has anyone ever felt like they have moved on from what they ordered and was ready for something else by the time it arrived?!
no way! what are the specs? do u just not like the color u chose orrrr????

nfl81

May 28, 2014
no way! what are the specs? do u just not like the color u chose orrrr????
What’s crazy about this whole thing is that I placed another SO a few months after this one. That one arrived 10 months later. A year after this other SO, I was offered a Rose Azalee K28, which I took. This one that just arrived is a B25 Rose Azalee clemence, PHW. Completely different idea, but I think this year I was hoping for a paler pink. I also have a k20 rose lipstick ghw....

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
What’s crazy about this whole thing is that I placed another SO a few months after this one. That one arrived 10 months later. A year after this other SO, I was offered a Rose Azalee K28, which I took. This one that just arrived is a B25 Rose Azalee clemence, PHW. Completely different idea, but I think this year I was hoping for a paler pink. I also have a k20 rose lipstick ghw....
Crazy. I also placed a SO for a B25 Rose Azalee Clemence in October 2018 but mine came in July 2019. I think Clemence takes the color differently so it is likely a different tint than your, I assume Epsom, K28. What color did you select for the interior?
106D4A92-455C-40D8-980C-16972CC94F19.jpeg

nfl81

May 28, 2014
Crazy. I also placed a SO for a B25 Rose Azalee Clemence in October 2018 but mine came in July 2019. I think Clemence takes the color differently so it is likely a different tint than your, I assume Epsom, K28. What color did you select for the interior?
View attachment 4881548
I chose rose tyrien interior. Your bag looks beautiful, by the way! Incredible that you got yours so soon!

Reactions: acrowcounted

Israeli_Flava

O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
Birkin Bliss
I chose rose tyrien interior. Your bag looks beautiful, by the way! Incredible that you got yours so soon!
Yea, sounds like you bought bags similar to your SO so now you have a ton of the same/similar shade of pink.....
but there's nothing quite like a SO and with RT interior... well, that's amazing.
Not sure what HW you put on your SO but I'd scoop that and maybe rehome another bag if it's too much RA....
I'd get the SO because clearly you love that shade of pink and then reassess your collxn later.
It is def frustrating how different the timelines can be for a SO to arrive.
I'm approaching a year wait on my current SO and I'm quite surprised it's taken this long because there was a reveal of someone (I think it was in this thread) with sim spec and that SO came in 8 weeks!
Well, I'll be patient because what I ordered is a classic forever bag so I will not reconsider what I chose... in the meantime I have enjoyed some great offers this year (including RA K28 too!!!) so it's all good.
Can't wait to hear what you decide and/or see your new baby!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: westcoastgal

nfl81

May 28, 2014
Yea, sounds like you bought bags similar to your SO so now you have a ton of the same/similar shade of pink.....
but there's nothing quite like a SO and with RT interior... well, that's amazing.
Not sure what HW you put on your SO but I'd scoop that and maybe rehome another bag if it's too much RA....
I'd get the SO because clearly you love that shade of pink and then reassess your collxn later.
It is def frustrating how different the timelines can be for a SO to arrive.
I'm approaching a year wait on my current SO and I'm quite surprised it's taken this long because there was a reveal of someone (I think it was in this thread) with sim spec and that SO came in 8 weeks!
Well, I'll be patient because what I ordered is a classic forever bag so I will not reconsider what I chose... in the meantime I have enjoyed some great offers this year (including RA K28 too!!!) so it's all good.
Can't wait to hear what you decide and/or see your new baby!!!!
I think you are right. Maybe I’ll get more excited once I see it in person. This one is brushed PHW, so it will have a very different look to it. I will definitely post when I bring it home next week!

• Love
Reactions: Israeli_Flava

SoDoLo2

Jan 7, 2020
It has arrived 10.5months.
I’m SOOO pleased with the outcome!
I had ordered an extra longstrap (105cm) but Paris obviously didn’t like this and sent a 70cm strap! It cannot be worn crossbody AT ALL but it sits so unbelievably well on my body I had to go with it. Love at first sight

E4E945EC-88CA-48F7-BC3A-9B07F26B50E5.jpeg

Last edited:

labelo

Nov 20, 2019
I had ordered an extra longstrap (105cm) but Paris obviously didn’t like this and sent a 70cm strap! It cannot be worn crossbody AT ALL but it sits so unbelievably well on my body I had to go with it. Love at first sight

View attachment 4883770
Is this etain/craie with bghw? It's absolutely stunning!
As for the strap, it might be nice to have a couple options--you could always order a longer version, whether from H or one of the many independent strap makers!

Reactions: SoDoLo2

Israeli_Flava

O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
Birkin Bliss

View attachment 4883770
Congrats on a stunning classy Kelly!!! Is it GA or Etain? K25?
Love it!

Reactions: SoDoLo2

SoDoLo2

Jan 7, 2020
Is this etain/craie with bghw? It's absolutely stunning!
As for the strap, it might be nice to have a couple options--you could always order a longer version, whether from H or one of the many independent strap makers!
Thank you! Gris asphalte with craie with bghw indeed I’m going to try it out as is and if doesn’t work with my life than will invest into a longer one x

Reactions: labelo