Hermes Special Orders - How long did yours take?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

qtpik8

Nov 8, 2015
I forgot to post my timing when the bags came in, but something weird happened, so I thought I would mention it.
I placed an SO in April of 2018 with my SA for a Kelly 32 Clemence, BE/BPaon. A few months later, my SA decided to leave Hermes, but promised me another SO in October. So, in October of 2018, I placed an order for a Kelly Lakis 35 (Swift), with my new SA. I assume they will both take forever, because, you know, Hermes.

In early July 2019 (9 months) I get a message that my LAKIS is in. I went to see it, and it was gorgeous, but they didn't break the plastic in front of me, and it was clear the bag had been opened. They said they wanted to see it, and opened it without me. Ok. Sure. But I came in the same day they called, so that still felt weird. Anyway, the bag coming so early was a bit of a surprise, and because it's a little pricey, I needed some time and scheduled the pick up for the following month.

Then, in August 2019 (ONE MONTH LATER, 17 months from order), my Kelly 32 came in. I was so surprised! This means I would have to take two quota bags in the same 6 months, which they told me wasn't a problem (always happy to bend the rules when it's to their liking). But on thinking back over it, I suspect the Lakis came before the end of June, but because it was late in the semester or because I was a newer client for that SA, I don't think she had 'bags' left to sell. (I think I read they have a finite number of bags they can sell during each of the Jan-Jun or Jul-Dec semesters.) So I believe she waited to tell me the bag was in until July started, and that's also why they opened the bag to peep it - they had it for a while.

Anyway, just my paranoid musings on Special Orders.:smartass:
Yes, I got both.

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
I forgot to post my timing when the bags came in, but something weird happened, so I thought I would mention it.
I placed an SO in April of 2018 with my SA for a Kelly 32 Clemence, BE/BPaon. A few months later, my SA decided to leave Hermes, but promised me another SO in October. So, in October of 2018, I placed an order for a Kelly Lakis 35 (Swift), with my new SA. I assume they will both take forever, because, you know, Hermes.

In early July 2019 (9 months) I get a message that my LAKIS is in. I went to see it, and it was gorgeous, but they didn't break the plastic in front of me, and it was clear the bag had been opened. They said they wanted to see it, and opened it without me. Ok. Sure. But I came in the same day they called, so that still felt weird. Anyway, the bag coming so early was a bit of a surprise, and because it's a little pricey, I needed some time and scheduled the pick up for the following month.

Then, in August 2019 (ONE MONTH LATER, 17 months from order), my Kelly 32 came in. I was so surprised! This means I would have to take two quota bags in the same 6 months, which they told me wasn't a problem (always happy to bend the rules when it's to their liking). But on thinking back over it, I suspect the Lakis came before the end of June, but because it was late in the semester or because I was a newer client for that SA, I don't think she had 'bags' left to sell. (I think I read they have a finite number of bags they can sell during each of the Jan-Jun or Jul-Dec semesters.) So I believe she waited to tell me the bag was in until July started, and that's also why they opened the bag to peep it - they had it for a while.

Yes, I got both.
Many stores open the bags to be sure the item is as ordered before requesting the client to make the effort of coming in to retrieve it. Also, there seems to be “surges” of many SOs being produced at once and then hardly any for months and repeat. So two bags coming in shortly spaced apart isn’t very surprising to me either. Nothing sinister there, imo.

Mar 29, 2008

Yes, I got both.
Similar experience regarding 2 SO bags coming in the same month. I feel your pain. My fall 2017 and fall 2018 SOs both came in August 2019. I took both, but it sorta hurt that it came in all at once. Mine were previously opened as well. My SA opens them to 1) check the specs to make sure no mistakes have occurred, and 2) to take photographs for her photo collection so she can demonstrate to other clients what has been done in the past as far as SO’s as these clients try to get inspired during their own SO process.

GNIPPOHS

Mar 5, 2013
Curious to know if anyone is still waiting on arrival of SOs that were placed in Fall/Winter of 2018? :thinking: :shrugs:
I am waiting for one placed October 2018.
I placed one April 2018 and still waiting on it but it’s a togo sellier so I expected a longer wait. Hopefully our SOs will come in the next few months.
I am! Waiting on a B30 in ostrich :annoyed:
Hi Meta,I'm still waiting for my SO placed in October 2018.
I am :sad: Placed in October 2018. Always a little hard to see other SOs coming in in as little as 6 months sigh.
Hang in there guys... i had an SO that took more than 3 years that finally arrived last year. As long as its still in the system it will arrive! :heart:

allure244

O.G.
Oct 15, 2008
Hang in there guys... i had an SO that took more than 3 years that finally arrived last year. As long as its still in the system it will arrive! :heart:
So my SA informed me that one of my SOs arrived but I don’t know which one it is. My SA wants it to be a surprise. Can’t make it to the store till next week so the suspense is killing me. I’ll update on the wait time once I see which bag it was. Maybe the Togo sellier from spring 2018 will finally arrive???